Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

A bit of discussion for engrave specifically.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject:

What's currently on the cards for #1 is

(A) making overlevelled rares rotdeath after engraving, so that way the forge is a double-edged sword, with consequences for using it.
(B) uniques simply refuse modifications - enchants, ironwood, engrave, augment, etc.
(C) all cabal items will be made into uniques.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Rotdeath would be a lot more tolerable than a chance of spoiling the item. How "overleveled" would the item need to be? <10 levels above the original item seems reasonable, but I'd like to know if even 1 would be a risk. It's worth noting that if you are able to get back to your body fast enough then your rotdeath items don't crumble on you.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to think outside the box for a second. What "IF" you could only engrave non-rare items?

Do you have a cap for items Engraved?

Because with non-rares, anything you get rare/unique is going to be better anyway.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

I think having a curse of grimforge being put on rare items to engrave them is much too cool to pass up, but it would be nice to "engrave" monk tattoos (which are non-rare items).... lets not forget about those. I will find a way to just make all forged items be engravable. I've wanted to allow druid shards to be used with that as well, so maybe just if you forge using shards, theyre not limited items but they can still get up to level 50 stats. I also want Keepers looped in on this one way or another.

It is definitely neat to have the rare system and the sets system interconnected because then its left up to you as the player to figure out what combination will work bestfor your character. I am not going to just destroy that, that would be foolish. However, it is true (100%) that how popular this whole thing has been is complete serendipitious accident, and every garden has its weeds. Its low hanging fruit to improve game balance upon for sure.

We've mostly all agreed on that previous point. I think the only thing we have really all had any issue with has been the Winter rares and I'm just adding myself how easily to monopolize for the good alignment. Its not wrong for goods to group, it is an advantage of the align. That's not any issue. However, it does make getting eq way easier. If an item is rotdeath AND turns to dust on drop/give, all of the bases for OP and abuse (in any form) are decently covered IMO.. I also think engraving shouldnt actually need to cost much gold, but there should always be some risk to enhance rares. I like the numbers I already picked and see no need for level-restricted stuff when its so easy to make it chance based on level that gets people reconsidering because of consequences. I think a way to unengrave (which removes the "curse" i.e. the rotting behavior and the set) would round this off, as it would mean losing a rare item is literally just a careless mistake or deciding on purpose youre done with the item and just dont want to deal. If you want to trade you just clean it up and put it on the auction house in a form in which it can be bid on properly by eligible players who may not want your set.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: