Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

Davids vs Goliaths
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:05 am    Post subject:

and listing fire weapons vs fire giants while at it...

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject:

you are right, why would I think items in the game available to get are just out of my reach, I'm sorry.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject:

because fire giants are so easy to kill, compared to the other ones, you can literally go in with icicles you don't need high average weapons. That is why.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject:

So, neutral and goods have super easy access to kill fire giants, the only place that might even be lacking a bit is evil vs fire giant. But then you can always go get the icy blue dagger, which you can get two of and dual wield since it is a common rare and a dagger which can be dual wielded by anyone

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:12 am    Post subject:

Sword of Seasons, Mace of Disruption - these are not reliable rares to get...

Shoulda gone with,
blade: frostbrand sword, corrosive bs,
2h: ice staff/staff of storms,
shaft: diamond studded mace(only if you are good, neutral/evil gets no reliable magic 1hshaft weapon, smoldering mace doesnt count because you cant swap it in combat),
segment: dream catcher/rod of mind sceptres (if align allows)

These are your only options basically if you dont count for hard/borderline impossible to get uniques and stuff.

And this means you are not able to carry any decent physical weapons in inventory vs any non-giants.

0 0 1
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:17 am    Post subject:

tayyah please understand that weapon/combat advantage matters. Why are you still saying dual wielding icy blue daggers is viable if its not?

It seems like you have indeed played too many giants if you dont even need to bother weapon swapping

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:17 am    Post subject:

This makes sense now, you are looking for the unique strength weapon in a rare, but you won't find that, because that is the difference, that makes one a rare and one a unique. One is more powerful. take out the two uniques, I still listed your over 21 average, 4 magical weapons so I highly doubt you sat there and theory crafted over this even at all, I think you are talking out of your ass. If you are looking for that one weapon that will be good against all 3 giant classes you just won't find it in a rare, those are reserved for UNIQUES. Like the mace of disruption, we could argue it would be amazing against all 3 giant classes right? That is why it is unique. Than we have the icy blue dagger geared basically only for fighting fire giants and it is fucking amazing at it, that is why it is rare, lower average, only really good for one thing. I see the balance in it. Sword of the seasons, same thing, it is really good at fighting all 3 giants, high average, thus, unique. You see the pattern? There can't be power weapons in abundance, that is the whole system.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject:

please understand that when facing an incredible weapon vuln weapon/style does NOT matter, I can tell you that first hand, get a staff of storms and go at a dwarf or duergar DOES not matter what they wield, you will wreck them. Same with a fire giant, you can come at me with a frost brand sword and I can have advantage and you will still out damage me, unless I am forced into those fights I just run because there is no point. A healer with a ice staff is impossible to beat with a fire giant, IMPOSSIBLE. I would imagine a neutral warrior could easily beat a fire giant with just a ice staff and two icicles in his sack

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:26 am    Post subject:

yeah, maybe I have played too many giants, since the dashboard was implemented I have had 12 level 50 giant warriors. but, you could maybe say that I might know what I am talking about

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject:

Crackling Thunder Hammer is only anti_neutral and NOT anti_evil silly. READ THE ****ing CODEX.

And tayyah... Have you ever played as, with, or against a fire giant berserker? Flamebearing racial legacy can literally melt ice weapons. Turns out, hitting that raging giant with a fist isn't nearly as effective.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject:

honestly tayyah, reading this braindead shit made me quit this game. have fun.

its impossible to try and address any issues if you just get shat on by ignorance every single time or preferential treatment.

0 2 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:40 am    Post subject:

sorry to shit on your argument, maybe if you had actually theory crafted this out like you said you did, you wouldn't be arguing on the forums over nonsense

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 am    Post subject:

tayyah, none of your arguments made ANY sense. You are the epitome of ignorance and just spewing random shit. This is what I literally have no tolerance for, to argue with idiots over something blatantly obvious.

Idk how do you even function...

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject:

my response made perfect sense you just didn't like it

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:46 am    Post subject:

You said pull 4 magical, 1 handed weapons over average 21, so I did. I than rationalized your argument as to why it is balanced the way that it is. Tell me again how I didn't make sense?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:48 am    Post subject:

You could also include a combination of the outlier aligns too like that crackling thunder hammer or vainglory which are only closed to one of the 3 alignments and than that opens up the average 21 magical weapons by a few as well

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:07 am    Post subject:

So the basis of your argument was that giants get a ton of oversized weapons and there isnt enough magical weapons to combat them. So I went looking for your magical weapons, but I didn't really think about the adverse of your argument. I just went through all the rare/unique weapons and did you know that there is only 3 average 28 or higher, oversized weapons and all 3 are unique.

0 0 0
shugurd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 am    Post subject:

List me any over 20 average MENTAL damage weapon.

PS! not all magical damage is mental damage.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject:

Object 'solar grasp wendigo' is type weapon, material energy.
Extra_flags: glow hum no_enchant noremove no_uncurse.
Made to be wielded.
Weight is 29 lbs, value is 1, level is 50.
Weapon type is exotic.
Inflicts 14 to 56 degrees of telekinesis (average 35).
Two-handed weapon.
Unique item.

0 0 0
shugurd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject:

It's energy damage like turmoil not mental...zzzzzz

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: