Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

wish list thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject:

Yeah, no golden road, that will make it too easy for noobs to pk.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject:

Yeah when noobs start dunking people because of golden road, deletes will somehow triple. I'm down for pk golden road or some form of tracking though. For a friend.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

Dogran you fuck, you realize that for many newer players/returning players golden road is the ONLY WAY to compete with tryhard sweaty nerds who never stopped playing for last 12 years and run around with their low ping like bots?

Its just a bunch of vets saying "NO DONT TAKE AWAY OUR ADVANTAGE SO WE CANT FARM NOOBS" well fuck you too.

0 0 1
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

I'm totally against bringing back the golden road. It severely nerfs monks (and also nerfs any healing class, but monks in particular because they require uninterrupted concentration to use their healing sessions) because an opponent can get on them much faster.

Besides, vengeance paladins already have a variant of this with hunt evil.

2 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Is there a way to give golden road just to players with the NEW flag? Also let the NEW flag stick forever until an imm removes it?

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

I could see this being abused so hard. We already have vets pretending to be noobs, not good.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Newer/returning players have 0 chance to hunt people like Dogran. So yeah, unless you got a better idea than golden road then im all ears.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

if you got*

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

What I would like to know is why you think this is necessary? No one has ever had it before, golden road was too powerful in its time and was what allowed Conundo to shine. Being able to always pin down that healing lagged monk would screw them. Golden road is never going to help you against a class with instant heals if they are played like I played Dogran. With Dogran, I would heal once, move, heal once, move, wash rinse repeat. Golden road would make classes that have any kind of windup obsolete.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Soo.... golden road + get rid of windup. You sold me on this Doggie.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, neither one is likely to happen.

(Edited by me, for people who think that my OPINION is the final word.)

Last edited by Dogran on Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject:

Dogran, you are not the final authority on which wishes make it in. Please also remember that this is a wishlist thread and while some discussion regarding the wishes is expected, its not cool to shoot down peoples ideas. Thanks.

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject:

Totally agree with Nadrin. Golden road, shouldn't happen. I even ponder if it's a good fit for hunt evil with paladins...Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.. It is a wish list, though....so wish away.

2 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject:

golden road seems like a decent use for the curse spell maybe?

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject:

I only see 2 people turning it down, both who are one of the biggest tryhards/non-stop players and fast runners in the game. Awfully seems like someone does not want to lose their advantage over competition.

Golden road or not, the fact that newer or returning players have zero chance to compete with Roadrunners here remains. I personally remember coming back to AR a long while ago and the golden road helping me out a lot to actually even find / somewhat keep up with the above-mentioned crowd. When I tried to play after its removal, I basically had zero chance to hunt people in the open world and I was not even the worst. There's a handful of people who are extremely fast and quite possibly using an external mapper of sorts (zmud map comes to mind) to get around fast and also take advantage of knowing every weird room in the game to peacefully chill out at.

While golden road is far from a perfect solution, it's something. Although I would much more like to see something of a "track" ability. It should be a general skill, not class specific either.

Code:
>track
You carefully examine the ground around you, looking for tracks... (add a windup similar to monk healing here, but not too long to keep it viable)

You see:
   - a track of a *Giant* coming from the south (done less than 1 hour ago).
   - a track of a *Giant* leading west (done less than 1 hour ago).

- two tracks of *a Dwarf* leading west (done less than 9 hours ago).
   - two tracks of *a Dwarf* coming from the east (done less than 9 hours ago).
   - a track of *a Dwarf* leading down (done less than 9 hours ago).
   - a track of *a Dwarf* coming from the west (done less than 9 hours ago).

You stop searching, you don't seem to find anything else.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject:

The tracks that are created by bulky, heavy creatures like certain titanium reptiles and bigass giants would be quicker to "track" and the lightweight crowd would take an extra few pulses to track.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject:

And you can manually cancel the "channel" of tracking as it would give you tracks of giants quicker than halflings, sometimes its the giant you want only anyway, so you can track, wait for discovering giant tracks, hit enter, stop searching, chase.

Thats the best I could come up with.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

The track feature you suggest would allow any scripter to automate tracking. To be clear, golden road would not make it easier to kill people like Xenyar and I, because golden road relies on your opponent staying in one place and is broken the moment you move. It literally only smashes classes that have to stand in place for their healing, or enables you to catch people who are trying to catch ticks. This would not be useful for tracking someone who keeps running. With that said, golden road would make people like Xenyar and I more deadly when facing new players, and do you really think that's a good idea. Any skill that is only for people with the new tagged would be heavily abused amd unbalanced (In my opinion)

1 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

My 2c:
- Tracking sounds like a ranger skill.
- The peaceful weird rooms should be maintained as a reward for investing the time to explore an area.
- Everybody golden roading (to me, seems like bloodhound sniffing) their way to victory just seems weird. Maybe werewolves/wolf form vampires could get that as a thing though.
- Do newer players even care? I would hazard a guess that new players are not worried about hunting Dogran but learning a ton of other things... Right now all the discussion about it is between vets.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

we already have a few skills like this. and the above one is similar to a psionicist skill. rangers recently got insect-based tracking of some sort i think

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: