Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

barrage thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

-Add AC to the dead star circlet

-add Lag on failed barrage attempt(you remove shield right before opponent barrages, their attempt fails and lags them.)

-remove shadow/thief nukes being blocked or parried, at least against mobs for ranking and eq hunting purposes. That makes me not want to play either.

-remove the dex loss from the titanium armplates. They are much less coveted and now pigeon-holed for the tenor set only.

-tone down the amount of saves on the cloak of mist. They are quite literally a helm of spell-turning(unique item) for the neck...and they add hitroll and are plain rares that you can wear two of.

-Allow unique weapons to be enchanted again. Some unique weapons are left practically useless because going with a very nice rare weapon that's enchanted 5/5 or more is simply a better option.

-bring back imbue. That's a fun mechanic to play with when there's little action going on and you want to burn time.

-Change repop timer in zodiac island. Sucks getting through all those thugs, guards and half way through Akyua..and have to flee...back into the thugs that have returned and have to kill them all over again to get back to Akyua.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

you get 1 bro. ill allow barrage

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

If a failed barrage causes lag, a successful barrage should cause lag on opponent. Being able to weapon swap to cause lag is strong and incentivizes filthy scripters further. To be fair, im jealous because its all greek to me but it is a legitimate concern that it will make the strong stronger.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

If the opponent is not wearing a shield then how can a barrage go through anyway? What exactly are you gonna try to "barrage" there? the two daggers the dude is wielding or what? Obviously it makes sense it should fail when there's no shield to barrage. So that's a trash idea, based on personal bias rather than logic.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

So it should not lag you, it should just fail, as if you would be trying to dirt kick someone not in the room, you are trying to barrage a shield that does not currently exist.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:23 am    Post subject:

Attempting to barrage someone could be simply the act of swinging your weapons at one side of your opponent repeatedly (typically your opponent's left, since most people are presumably right-handed, and thus the shield is held on the left side). I would assume this is an attack which involves more precision than a berserker's swing attack.

As for what *I* want... It would be nice to add some additional alternatives to the current portable furniture which affects regeneration (bedrolls, tents, sleeping bags, blankets, etc.).

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:28 am    Post subject:

Totally agree that failed barrage should lag the guy trying to barrage. I’ve played barrage classes and you basically just start dual wielding because there’s no downside to trying it. If it doesn’t work you immediately switch for advantage or flee if enemy landed dirt.

I’ll make my wish changing all smuggler eq to something like scale that all races and classes can use. The evil stuff being iron is demon-Elf discrimination at its finest.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

*sad druid noises*

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Barrage has all upside, and zero negatives. if you land it, it renders the shield/off hand and two-hander useless. It only lags you 1.5 rounds, and does a bunch of chip damage. So give it lag if you fail, too Just like sideswiping into somebody wearing a shield, of overheading into a shield. You should be lagged from the action attempted. Just like all the other skills in the game.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Make ranger quiet movement fail when they are dirted/hobbled. How do you sneak away when stumbling blind or limping?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Right now barrage doesnt go through if the opponent hasnt a shield on. The request is to make it go through. That doesnt then mean some dumbo is going to be able to just remove his shield and make you lagged from a typed in barrage. It'll be as bad for him as if he had kept the shield on . Because that is still inferior matchup. but that besides the point. we'll probably want to keep barrage vs bows blocked due to range because that's otherwise an incredibly vulnerable spot to be in, and if anybody wants to argue the point, then we can discuss the op'ness of bows to go through a characters entire defenses and still parry on top

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

the only reason why xenyar wants barrage to lag the person missing it because he wants to bait the warrior by his char switching to a shield the warrior dual wields and he can use a bow. Its just a fake switch to induce lag since people use alias to switch quickly as a way to even the playing field for people who type out commands.

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Actually, this thought crossed m mind back in 2010 when I actually played the drow warrior Xenyar. You get lagged from attempting skills, successful or failed, and barrage was the only one that didn't. Perhaps I shouldn't have put this on the wish list. Because it's nothing I'm really trying hard to push for. It's more a thought for discussion.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I'd almost go as far to guessing it was oversight when all that stuff was implemented years ago... Why would every other combat skill lag you for attempting, failed or successful, except barrage? Meh...

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject:

No, actually, not an oversight at all. The barrage skill was one we knew was actually a bit weaker than the others, since it was getting insta-fleed off. We added distension after the fact due to the flee/murder responses. It did not
really look necessary to make it trip people to fall flat on their faces while theyre just fumbling it. Its not bash where you've an even chance to stun someone for a potential kill. Some of these skills have an element where you take an unblockable hit if you misapply them, and it really sucks to experience that. That was an oversight. Skills are tools, and tools should feel reliable. Dont we all curse dirt and bash for this reason? Missing them sucks ass. Well with these weapon type or whatever skills, you dont just miss them, you also get disemboweled on top. I'd say THAT was a really big oversight. The new skills we added should have been more thoughtful than just bodyslamming, which they are, but we should've listened better to the feedback that it was making people feel stupid. Going as far as punishing people excessively for using the skills wrong just seems a step too far to me. That really reinforces the feeling of just being too inept to play the class. Keeping it relatively difficult to fuck up a barrage need not be a bad thing. With a weapon type advantage or combat style advantage that there is a signifcant bonus vs the opponents defense, without then also slapping them for free when they misapply things or setting up a bow gib. I'm cool with the lag for input to an extent but we should be way more careful and thoughtful and definitely not go assuming the previous people made retarded errors.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

if you make lag into barrage, please add lag to shield disarm also when opponent is not wearing a shield. its the same shit, why should rangers get free pass? Isnt it meta to bait enemy into wearing shield and then dual wield+shield disarm insta? Exactly like barrage. Except you dont get lagged out either if opponent has no shield.

THAT is an oversight Xenyar, but im not surprised you did not mention it.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Bunch of defensive wankers eh? This is under the THINK TANK forum. THAT was an oversight on your part, right? And as mentioned I probably shouldn't have posted that in the wish list...it's more of food for thought. Take it or leave it. Matters not to me.
"I'd almost go as far to guessing it was oversight"... that is certainly not me claiming it's an oversight...more of a *maybe*.

2 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:45 am    Post subject:

people are defensive if you literally attack them you bell-end

0 1
boo,
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject:

Im with Xenyar on this one. Barrage is extremely legit, especially when used by higher strength races. It also highly increases your chance to shield disarm to the point it’s guaranteed and you get bonus attacks when you do which is a huge perk for weaker races who need to pump out extra dam. Clobber and and sidestep operate the same way in forms of retaliation as well. If you try to switch barrage your opponent and they switch wield a two handed before your command goes through then I’d see that person stabbing you in the face.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

ok there is too many opinions on that for it to just be a yolo wishlist thing

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: