Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

Q4 2021 PATCH : Hail to the King!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject:

As in, stuff you can level on in that level range inclusive, not those two mobs exclusively (just clarifying)

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

You can't get high AC anymore Dav, remember? That got screwed up too when you removed the slot multiplier for enchant armor.
So don't waste your medals/relics enchanting anything at the seringale forge or tower of sorcery, it's not worth risking your armor, or using those currencies to enchant a piece of armor that will give you +1 ac.
You effectively made invokers enchant armor absolutely worthless.

Anyhow, there's plenty of other viable ways to tweak necros. Exploding zombies is just a terrible "fix".
You destroyed PvE for this class too. I'm not talking about killing nymps and shit. Competitive PvE...long dungeons, tough mobs at the end of those, etc...Can't take down those big guys with zombies that vanished on you and are replaced with skeletons.

Any fun, back and forth, drawn out PK battle is now tainted. As the battle goes on the necro just gets weaker by replacing exploding zombies with skeletons.. What, ask your opponent for a break so you can go get another zombie? Even if they are the nicest ppl around and say sure go get you another one.... Now you gotta hope you animate first try.
And again, it's made decorate almost not worth using. lvl 50 corpse with a examination table, 50k. Just for my zombie to explode 45 minutes later?

There is many other options and ideas that could remedy the issue you have with necromancers prior to this patch, without gutting the marquee thing of a necro, the zombie.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I do think you are putting your personal interest first here Xenyar. This class will not be the most fun class in the game anymore once it has driven everybody else off. It will not even be levelable.

When AR was 80+ people online it was able to absorb players getting stomped by strength damned full zombie Rins and fully looted. It did not matter if they quit. Those days have long passed.

Here's what the modern big picture is. Despite a max online of 10-15, we somehow still have a terrible ratio of toxic pk'ing to meaningful pk. The level 50 scene is a split of players who have completely given up on pk'ing and gankers.. The Justice and Knight cabals have loosened their requirements to induct gankers, to the point where we have allowed a dickhead in Justice who will plague you if you leave town and then either fine you for entering town or attack you if you stay outside. We might as well be offering all cabals dual citizenship with the Legion cabal at this point. These changes to necros are barely going to make any difference, but if we can do anything to restore "real pvp" at this point, we should be doing it. One of those things is making sure Winter requires a group. Also, again, it is two hours not 45 minutes

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I was planning on staying silent, but Ill join Xenyar on this out of principle.

You change classes that no one had a problem with for no real reason. You did it to the following.

Monks - removing weapons
Shadows
Paladins
Illusionists
Necros

No one pks with ills anymore because of the dupe changes
You single handily eliminated anyone from wanting to make a shadow because now you have to chose 1 of 3 shit specs
You gave paladins the golden goose and eliminated anyone wanting to play evils because trying to contented was a waste of time
And now you are doing it with necros

I was a victim of the alhoon necro and I thought it was fucking stupid to be killed in 3 rounds. I also thought it was fucking stupid on the necro's part for quiting out unless he had the ultimate advantage. So find a happy medium where necros feel they can be competitive in real time not grinding for shit.

Your solution to this game has always been make shit harder as the player base dwindles.

If you have shit players in cabals abusing power fucking slay them, if you are going to call out Vydra I'll call out Szrevan. He deathmarked my minozerker for following him around while Linisan was attacking him. Was my intention to try and get a cheap kill absolutely, but I am following the fight at lvl 44. He deathmarked my justice applicant for being a fucking justice with 0 prior interaction. I stopped playing both of those characters because of that shit. But one guy gets called out on the forums, the other guy gets an entire area dedicated to him. Maybe your favoritism has something to do with the toxic pk environment because people don't care about the game anymore.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject:

If I didn't just see a 50 necro roll a decked Warlord WITHOUT zombies this all might sound less ridiculous. You realize that this is all based on empirical evidence too, right? This is how this goes Ozaru. It always goes the same way. Grind out or gain a big advantage > start ganking and looting. We try to address it patch after patch. I did not wreck the game when I took down enchanted imbued augmented engraved titanium tenor. Go look at the graveyard threads yourself. They're like "oh man what a badass player that was, I was too scared to even login, he was so badass" followed by clap clap well done very good ah yessir, great character you've made. And dont think I've forgotten, the complaining about the paladins was misconstrued. It all stemmed from the impact of that juiced gear. Slith warrior in a suit of amazing armor doing great does not mean slith warrior is the best thing ever either.

Here is how necro went over time, because of "personal bias"

* bash/trip etc were removed from zombies (attempt at increase fairness)
** at the same time rend life was added
* stone golems and flesh golems were hasted (biased requests from necro)
* bash/trip were put back on zombies via strength damned (more bias)
* strength damned was buffed MORE THAN ORIGINAL (bias)
* throw in ghoul frenzy (at this point, wut)
* we noticed players getting 3 rounded about 4 years too late
* we hit the brakes
* necro players straight back to crying their favorite class is ruined

Of course someone is going to get cranky when changes that make the PK more fair (i.e. balanced) affects the cheese they were using. A balanced game is not what everybody is looking for. Some people just want to pad their pk's. I am all for making this necromancer class more fun and more interesting, less frustrating and less boring. But not at the price of two rounder kills at 50. Fun is a currency that needs to circulate. Besides that, while you guys are just being crabby about necros being ruined its all missed opportunity to just say lets give a sufficiently decorated zombie a 100% chance to stay stable when strength damned. Its like "i had all these ideas" in the past tense. Yeah but you gave no ideas knowing we were going to eventually do something about the problem tho. Sure is a lot easier to let some other person do all the work then criticize it.

Last edited by Davairus on Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:01 am    Post subject:

that fight took 20 minutes, that doesn't count as rolled. Since the warlord hasn't logged in for a few weeks I doubt he was decked and probably didn't even have sav equipment.

I mean a bard just beat a fire giant zerker, are bards next? Maybe the better prepared necro outplayed a rusty warlord.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject:

This is all talk. Get some necro fight logs up and we'll see how poorly necros are fareing.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:57 am    Post subject:

Necros are plenty strong. You don't even need zombies. Just get mental and mal break.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject:

the point of making PvE harder is presumably to encourage more social interaction (winter groups) rather than people soloing all the endgame. i've done both. the former is a lot more fun for everybody

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject:

I didn't attempt to do anything to change Winter difficulty in this patch so any impact this patch had on it is purely incidental. Its news to me that necromancer was still solo'ing this shit, and if its fixed then its a happy accident. I don't see how the change could've done anything about it though.

Winter has always been intended for high-level groups seeking challenge. I don't believe that has ever been unclear because a sign (in front of the entrance for the last 23 years) specifically says that. I am sure a poll in the battlefield would quickly sort out whether the community would generally ratherhear about the Winter area getting soloed and cheesed by the "elite" players of the game, or whether we'd rather see them sitting by the pits experiencing death's bitter taste. I think we all know what that poll results would look like.

1 0 1
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject:

I have had a long talk tonight with Resatimm about necros and we decided that the strength damned can have 25% chance to work out without a 2 hour cooldown, which will be increased a lot if you decorated the zombie but still not 100% likely. This conversation was more fruitful than expected as it also led to ghoul frenzy being restrict to zombies-only (technically, nothing in the necro army is actually a ghoul) and some unreported summonable lowbie mobs that were vuln negative causing overpowered vampiric touch were updated. I also gave alhoon a slightly better vampiric touch.

Friendly reminder:
help bug wrote:
Do not exploit beneficial bugs unless you've already reported it fully and accurately. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

This approach of "I'll use whatevers available" works great for ganking but it is causing anger and resentment which is a cost not worth it.

Future updates to necromancers will more likely focus on the other things we talked about like going wraith and bone armor, naming your zombies for QoL, being able to recast golems etc,

0 0 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: