Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Item level restrictions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ballmerz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:45 am    Post subject: Item level restrictions

Tried to look for the help file but couldn't find anything. Is there a set level restriction for the level of the items? Like what level do you need to be to use a level 50 item? etc.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:04 am    Post subject:

It depends... Gambled random items have specific restrictions which are dependent on the quality (e.g. level) of the item... Auctions won't let you buy an item unless you are within a certain minimum level below the item's level (I think it's based on whether you would be in the PK range of a human warrior, e.g. 0 xp character, as the lower threshold, with no upper limit)

The former was instituted to prevent people from gambling on behalf of lower level characters by higher level characters, and the latter was also instituted with fairness in mind.

Nothing else says you can't use an item necessarily (barring alignment restrictions), but obtaining it may be another issue. Also, keep in mind if you're playing a good aligned character that finding ways to circumvent the level limits imposed with requesting items is grounds for becoming an OUTCAST, which isn't pleasant.

On the note of requesting items, you'll either be able to request something from a mob which greets you warmly when you CONSIDER it (in which case they will place it on the ground and you can't act for a time), or it will say, "In due time my child." if you're too inexperienced.

I'm not sure if I gave too much detail, but TL:DR is that there is no set level restriction for the level of items unless they're gambled or requested as far as I know.

0 0 0
Ballmerz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the information. very helpful

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: