Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 18 hours, 24 mins.

Real world distraction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:05 am    Post subject: Real world distraction

Recently I had to bail on the game because my father in law had a mess of poo on my living room floor and I thought of how other people probably get these real life distractions.

What is your most memorable game break away?

3 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject:

My wife: "Honey, come to bed."

Me, in the middle of intense cabal warfare: "Ah, babe, I'm in a really tight spot here."

My wife: "If you don't get off that god damn game that'll be the only tight spot you'll be in for months."

5 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:44 am    Post subject:

Mid PK, winning, about to murder some fool, only to have a child come running in the door covered in blood. They wrecked their skateboard, and faces bleed a lot. Walked away mid-fight and came back murdered and full looted, was great.

3 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:58 am    Post subject:

Entered a PK situation, was suddenly surprised by the return of a housemate from picking up groceries (I generally help with bringing them in; in this case my housemate really wanted my help because she was having issues with one of her contact lenses). Housemate kept yelling at me, I said I'd just be a minute (I was trying to get to a place where I would not get PKed while I tended to what they wanted; adrenaline was still running and I was not in a convenient location for hiding). Housemate eventually yells you'd better be doing something important, I ignore them. Housemate eventually bursts in through the door of the room I was occupying and says in an uncompromising way, "We need to talk, NOW." I walk out of the room, thankfully there was no fighting going on, but I hadn't gotten to where I wanted to be... Housemate gave me a really bad attitude while I just sit in the other room and grit my teeth. I come back a bit later and I'm still alive somehow. But, the lesson was learned: pay attention to when household members go out for groceries, and don't get involved in anything during the times I expect them to need me.

2 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:11 am    Post subject:

Still in high school and getting my ass handed to me by some evil dude. My dad starts lecturing me on how washing the dishes also means wiping down the stove (whoops). Try to ask him for one minute to just run to my temple, get murdered, and loot my own corpse - get grounded for a week. Also I didn't filibuster long enough to even get my stuff.

2 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Sweetcanadianmullet (my brother) and I were in the same U-18 soccer league when we were younger. I was 17 and he was 15. I had a job interview for a pretty badass position for a 17 year old and consequently had to skip a game. I got back, got the job and hopped into AR. Mullet comes home while I'm running around on one of my many knights. He starts yelling at me that we lost because I wasn't there and just who in the hell did I think I was. He picked a fight with me, as I'm side-eyeing the game.

He got body slammed and I got chewed out by the Executor at the time for not defending as we were just invaded.

0 0 0
ronk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject:

morning coffee and cigarette, logging on to check notes, getting jumped by gankers and having to run and quit because im >< close to shitting my pants due to overwhelming bowel movements.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Never underestimate the power of coffee and a cigarette first thing in the morning. (>X<)

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

Was happily playing my knight executor, rampaging away in 2006, when my wife tells me she is divorcing me. Deleted for 14 years.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject:

/thread

1 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Damn, some of these are rough.

The last few years I have periodically logged in with my phone and sure enough, no one calls until I am about to die and need to flee, lol. Mobs getting a lucky break, because I don't always set wimpy.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Logged in to write a nice long background entry. Fell asleep mid background entry.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Newest distraction unlocked, puppies, Smile

1 0 0
Pops

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject:

My dog is not fond of AR time. She tries to sit in my lap. But has anyone else put 'reply' at the beginning of a work message? Its embarrassing and hard to explain.

1 0 0
Mogu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't quite fit the question but I had been drinking, had a 2 month old strapped to me that I was trying to console by bopping up and down in my office chair. Was about to log and call it a night but saw a known PKer and brazenly decided to go after him for fun thinking somehow I was gonna pull this off. Failed. Lost much gear.

1 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I often automatically reply by typing "nod" to people's messages. It's awkward.

2 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject:

twerp - same, but i cackle Laughing

1 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

who ever says in gt sorry guys the wife monster is attacking me, i need to leave that person is gold.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

I did that once, to hell with the poor RP. It succinctly and accurately describes an "ohhhh shit" situation thaf immediately elicits no hard feelings.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: