Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

Annual rare/limited item purge day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject: Annual rare/limited item purge day

Hoarders beware I am declaring we need an annual purge day where anything not gained in the last month is returned to the mobs, how about every St Patrick's day and like now, clean sweep in the we are all Irish traditions.

0 0 0
deioped

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

Just return to monke and wear treant thews bro.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

Some decent comments with this in Letya's grave.

Make it an event with an area everyone can pk, and voting booths. Those who wish to keep the rares need to stop the vote that purges them. Everyone else get in there and hit the rest. Enough people hit the rest, no rare hoarding this month.

Every rare not gained in the last month would go back to the mobs.

Maybe make it a quarterly event?

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Lots of ideas around purging rares. Why not just refuse to hoard them. Some of you are the problem.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Part of the problem I understand is that people who played minimally last month kept their rares... Based on checking out one of my characters, I managed to keep two rares and a unique weapon with far less than ten hours of play time (I forget the exact amount). I see that as an actual issue. If it hadn't been for recent talk about people keeping rares with minimal play time they wouldn't be back in circulation (I sacrificed these items recently after realizing they might still be on a character I'm not playing, so they are now available again).

But Ashlyn's point is also valid. There are alternatives to rares after all... Forged gear is comparable to if not better than many rare items, though it takes a while to acquire. Random items are always available too... I'm sure that it would be pretty easy to make an invoker friend and get a heavily enchanted set of Fire with Fire, Platinum Might, or Malicious Beast (or befriend a druid and get ironwood Treant Thews).

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

Please keep in mind, recently gained items don't disappear the first month and if the gods did not strip your inactive character, accept the blessing.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:20 am    Post subject:

individuals wont like it, but it seems like it might benefit the whole to have this sort of setback. like the diablo ladder resets. this doesnt seem the right way to do it but i think might be onto something. but doesnt make sense to get purged the day after you do winter in any circumstances

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:28 am    Post subject:

Just purge all the rares everytime Ozaru deletes something. Thats fairly consistent.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:00 am    Post subject:

buddum *tss*

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:03 am    Post subject:

Not to threadjack, but to give credit where credit is due I continue to be impressed with Ozaru's observations about game mechanics in his GY posts. Frankly if he wants to delete his guys often that's his choice.

3 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:38 am    Post subject:

That was a serious idea. Give Ozaru incentive to immediately reroll to get all that sweet loot.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Your comments are inflammatory and unnecessary, especially as someone who was recently immed, you'd think they would hold themselves to a higher standard. My comments and suggestions are normally centered around improving the game and making it more fun from a pk perspective.

If you think having an annual rare purge helps great - I disagree
If people take more of a responsibility to either sac rares when they know their chars are inactive - I agree
If people actually play this game and fight - ie dwiggins vs skeggi - even better -

1 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I stand corrected

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Grayden> that character was WAY more than a month old.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we could do the purge per verified account and force verification for non newbies to avoid circumventing the system? Thinking your purge threshold is no longer calculated based on blood time per character but instead calculated across a cumulative count of all unique/rares across all characters. If you have 3 characters all decked in rare/uniques then time required to keep all items across all characters would be multiples by 1.5? So instead of 90 hours split 3 ways it would be be 90 hours x 1.5 additional. That doesn’t have to be the calculation but you get the point.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject:

If we were going to do that, I think it would be better to have a multiplier per character. IE some way to mark a character as a main, or maybe whichever one hits the hours of the month first, so 20ish hours for the first character with rares, 40 for the second, and 80 for the third and so on. So if you had three characters that had limited equipment you would need to play 140 hours to keep all three decked.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Exactly. Same idea just different words.

I do think there would need to be criteria for filtering out any chars below 25 and maybe higher multipliers if you have a caballed char.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject:

We could make non rare/unique crafted armor on par with rare/unique stuff and let everyone not worry about farming gear so much. Focus on RP and pvp.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I actually really like this idea of verified accounts having a main and an optional alt for purposes of keeping rares. All other characters default to toon status.

Code:
Displaying characters verified to the forum account 'Olyn' (Elite):
Olyn (main)     Level 60  [KEEPER] werebeast monk (online)
Dasboop (alt)   Level 50  halfling thief
TurdFerguson    Level 1   slith warrior

Some random thoughts on implementation:

- Unverified characters would default into toon status. We would need to convey this very well.

- We would need to police players attempting to maintain two or more accounts.

- Manual declaration of main and alt, if offered at all, would probably need to be limited to the first few days of the month. Automatically putting the character with the most hours as main and second most hours as alt may be better.

- Automatically assigning main/alt based on playtime could cause a scenario where deleting a main/alt before purge allows a character with less time to become the new main/alt and keep rares another month. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it highlights the trade-off in having those longtime staple characters vs fresh new blood enter the fray.

Last edited by Olyn on Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Both of those ideas sound good, I could see either way working well Olyn, as long as people are limited to one account.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: