Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

Enchanting consumable weapons like arrows and javelins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalero

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Enchanting consumable weapons like arrows and javelins.

So I had a thought. After I put the fire in my hair out, I wondered if there was a merchant or enchanter in the tower of high sorcery who could either bless a weapon with an elemental property, or would be willing to do one for a fee, or better yet, possibly provide a couple of elemental damage type javelins for sale, like an apprentice enchanter that's trying to match his master who can enchant items for relics or something I think in the tower already.

hell make it a quest, bring a javelin type, maybe some gold or an icicle or sword of lightnign or something, and watch him create an elemental type javelin in return

Also,
rangers can carve elemental arrows, why not let a warrior or any class that can use bows go through some legwork and use them too? it'd be a preparation thing, not exactly crucial, but for those who like to prepare for pvp or pve using racial vuln's it could be useful. The arrows or javelins could rot after a set amount of time, or the blessings could fade. That way they couldn't be hoarded? I dunno, just something I thought of that might be interesting, hopefully not to difficult to implement!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Echuir's cauldron in Seringale could be used to imbue of regular javelins or arrows. That would also allow druids to make them without the gold fees. And we also already have dead imbue recipes. I would like to use them.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:14 am    Post subject:

Why would a Druid give two shits about brewing something they can’t use? Please don’t say to sell them because we know that’s not a legit reason.

On topic - I do think it would be neat to enchant javelins but only to boost avg dam, not give hit/dam cuz that could be perma +6/+6 bonus

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:14 am    Post subject:

A support class doesnt have to just sell everything.

Think of a keepers cabal that is a guardian of nature rather than the present gank-a-thon. sorta like the green party or greenpeace. we could call them the woodkeepers! rules like, magic is banned hard, undead is despised, gold is actually shunned (100% not even used). instead you would have rangers, druids, pro-life treehugger monks all relying on the herbs and sticks gathered from the forests to defend the forests from being colonized and plundered for their resources. those are the druids that would brew up some magic arrows for their elf friends to use.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: