Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Directional flee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject: Directional flee

Something like "flee South" and you will flee south or "flee West" and you flee West.

There are a few tough creatures where you flee and bounce back or fall in a trap room, Lich King and Red Dragon in Redhorne MT. Come to mind.

1 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

That would make certain areas far easier. The platforms in the Faction of Steel and the entire Underworld area are suddenly far less scary when you can flee in one direction consistently.

With that said, I've seen something in another MUD where you can effectively flee in a specific direction but it takes additional time to get out of combat if you choose this option. Another thing (a bit crazier) I've seen with regards to fleeing is somebody appearing to flee in one direction, but they actually fled in another.

I suppose there's always the D&D method: if you're in combat (though I think it's only relevant for somebody tanking in AR), the enemy gets a free round of (unblockable?) attacks as you attempt to flee.

PS. Regarding the trap rooms in Redhorne Mountain with the elder red dragon, she will cut you off with her tail if you attempt to flee into them while she is present. You only need to ever go east or west, or up from the western room when in that little area.

Last edited by BlackWidow on Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

I know the "fleeing in a specific direction" suggestion came up years ago, and it was a "lol no, that's ridiculous" kind of response. I think mainly because fleeing is mindless "OMG IM GONNA DIE" rather than a calculated retreat.

That being said, paladins and warriors (and warlords - add whatever martial classes) would fit with a "retreat west" kind of skill...

I admit this may be completely OP and out of line, but... thoughts?

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see everyone but mages, clerics, and berserkers get this ability. It makes sense for rogues/warriors to get. Warriors have battle sense and a retreat is possible, thieves/rangers make good scouts etc.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

While the idea has merit, it is another thing that will drag pk out longer than it would have been before. To be able to flee in a direction will eliminate the strategy of starting pk next to aggressive mobs, no exits, or more. It would be a different kind a cheese, just my 2 cents.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Nahh don't like it. Takes away some RnG fun and traps
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:02 am    Post subject:

Here is an adjacent idea: make the flee command prevent recalling from panic for two hours

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:22 am    Post subject:

Now THAT is a change I think would make things interesting.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Make a new command, Retreat. Retreat would be the attempted directional flee but with consequences if it fails. Make it something that everyone can level up and work on, every single class.

0 0 0
optimuscat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject:

directional flee should only work in gnome village when the fucking hobgoblin soldiers won't let you flee back to the throne room when u came back too fast from getting ur second training bonus.

3 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject:

underrated statement above me

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: