Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

THK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theobserver
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject: THK!

I have a confession. I never knew what THK meant. All the cool kids kept saying it back in the day. Can someone explain to this old man?

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:36 am    Post subject:

I will admit as well that I also have no idea haha. With that said, it was never important to me. Google seems to think it's 'Try Hard Kid' so correct me if that's not right.

1 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

thk.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

me and nick initiated gangbanging a level 13 in the miden'nir who had 1 piece of red dragon (we were both full sub issues) and he was from malaysia or something, he couldnt speak any english so he began begging for us to stop killing him with like 'plss' and 'no pz' . in the middle of that fight his war banner went out and he ended up blind haha. so since we knew it was point of no return, we stopped attacking him and he said 'thk.' and bowed deeply. then we killed him in cold blood anyway and said thk. couldnt even loot the red dragon of course, it was just a dumb pk on a target who seemed slightly more prepared than we are. he never came back for his body, I dont think he had any idea where he fell. I remember feeling like we had done something super horrible which was exceedingly rare for me.

from then on, at least for me and nick, it was just trashy pk'ing as much as possible with a goal of saying one last thk. as late as possible before they died. it took off like a meme of some sort, I dont recall I ever bothered to explain that we were saying that as a last word youd ever hear, but definitely was doing that purposefully to make it deliberately memorable. i was playing DK's and wanted the infamy. there were a ton of people who got pk'ed and saw either me or tard saying "thk." at an appropriate time where we knew there was a 100% chance of a successful kill and no chance that they could reply anything in time. the only person to avoid a PK after one of us said thk. was magik^ and he did that by flee deleting. we wrote it in IRC and he blew up, and I quote, we were both called "fucking trash bastards" by magik which was very pleasing. (that pk was revenge for misusing the word thk. trying to be cool) it was definitely some cool shit you say before you kill someone. thk = "And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." minus all the typing which was impossible on telnet

also it stuck for so long (for me) because when youre hopeless at RP one-liners you end up saying corny ass shit like "mess with the best, die like the rest" nothing I could think of seemed better than just saying thk. then it became a friendly greeting somehow

2 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: