Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Multiple Caballed Chars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace High

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Multiple Caballed Chars

I know that in the past, players were allowed to have more than 1 caballed char at a time, and I was wondering if that policy might be reintroduced in light of the recent lack of cabal activity. Each cabal is around half-full, but only about half of those characters are even semi-active. I was just wondering if maybe we can't give this a try again, even if it's only for a limited amount of time to get all the cabals back up and kicking again. Let me know what you think.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Scenario #1:

1. Log on your Legion.
2. Attack evil Justice, get wanted.
3. Die, get full-looted.
4. Quit, wait 30 minutes, log on your Knight.
5. Attack evil Justice, get wanted.
6. Kill him, full-loot him.

Scenario #2:

1. Log on your Knight.
2. Notice 3 other Knights on, only 1 Legion.
3. Log off Knight, wait 30 minutes, log on Legion.

It just doesn't lend itself to "helping" cabal warfare/relations, in my opinion. I could be the minority in that line of thinking, but it's just my opinion.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I thought about what you're saying Sebryn, and it makes sense. Perhaps you could put restrictions on it. For instance, say my first caballed char is a Knight. Restrict it so that I can only only join Warlord or Justice with my second char. I do agree, I don't think someone having a char in cabals that are mortal enemies of each other would work like Legion and Knight, but for the most part Justice and Warlord are fairly neutral cabals (in theory), so perhaps that might work out. Just a thought.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:

i actually enjoyed (though never really took full advantage of) being able to be in different cabals, but then you will always have accusations of multi, ooc, or just plain ridiculousness. I personally wouldn't mind it being allowed but yeah..

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Sebryn wrote:
Scenario #1:
Scenario #2:

1. Log on your Knight.
2. Notice 3 other Knights on, only 1 Legion.
3. Log off Knight, wait 30 minutes, log on Legion.

That wouldn't be so bad actually, but i think we see this scenario instead:

1. log on your evil.
2. notice 1 other evil and 3 knights on
3. log on your knight and gang evil if he is still around

But another reason why I think only one cabaled char should be allowed per player is that otherwise it would be a lot harder for newer people to get into cabals and thats where the real fun in AR begins. I personally learned a great deal from my first cabaled chars and even though I died a lot in the beginning I enjoyed playing that char a lot.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject:

In order for there to be a change from the status quo, you must provide an argument that is not only convincing enough that the bad does not outweigh the good here, but also that taking action is actually needed.

Reasons why -

1) bored of character and dont want to delete it
2) lack of activity? shrug

Reasons why not -

1) Fighting the same people
2) Conflicts of interest <----- MASSIVE
3) They take up space

1) For example, gets a little old fighting the same people all the time (Ramod/ Kalist/ etc)

2) For example, your ally might just see Legions raid Justice, quit once the item is gone, and help mop up/pwn the itemless Justices. You wouldnt be able to trust your cabal members not to benefit themselves anymore either, as if the OOC sharing with others wasnt problem enough for you already.

3) For example, if you've got a Justice, and the Justice cabal roster is full, nobody can join anymore while you have two positions. This isn't fair.

Your argument lacks a MASSIVE reason to outweigh that huge 'conflicts of interest' thing, plus some extra to help tip things, and thus nothing is going to happen. Thats not to say we couldnt chang ecabals somehow to make it viable, but we might make cabals less fun in the process..

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: