Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Carve and retreat added. Barrage, bash, blindness dust, body

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Carve and retreat added. Barrage, bash, blindness dust, body

I greet you at the harvest season's end, and bring you these tidings:

BARRAGE: Now inflicts ARM DISTENSION condition.
BASH and BODYSLAM: A miss causes less lag to self.
BLINDNESS DUST: Usage lag increased to reduce spamming.
CLOBBER: Can be used to initiate combat.
HOBBLE: Can be dodged with counterbalance unless dual wield is used.
OVERHEAD: Much more effective against creatures (mobs).
RAGE: Cannot sleep or rest while raged. Fighting rage regen improved.
SIDESTEP: Also performs trip under certain circumstances.
SIDESWIPE: Can also disarm opponents if succeed in knocking them flying.
UNCANNY ATTACK: Skill lag increased. Can sometimes lag and/or dirt target.
VANISH: Skill re-use rate dependent on adrenaline type.
WINDMILL CLEAVE: Resting targets now as vulnerable as sleeping targets.

My fellow vigilant rangers should also take note of their new CARVE and
RETREAT skills, which have supplanted usage of the ambush skill.

Seek HELP with the scribes about these skills, and grow wise and fruitful
under the continued watch of Myria and the Gods.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Carve and retreat added. Barrage, bash, blindness dust,

Abandoned Realms wrote:

BARRAGE: Now inflicts ARM DISTENSION condition.
BASH and BODYSLAM: A miss causes less lag to self.
SIDESWIPE: Can also disarm opponents if succeed in knocking them flying.
WINDMILL CLEAVE: Resting targets now as vulnerable as sleeping targets.

Because warriors just weren't good enough... *cough*

Abandoned Realms wrote:

BLINDNESS DUST: Usage lag increased to reduce spamming.

Someone get Remmenon, this one is lame. This was ninjas hellstream, rage, whatever.. this skill defined them IMO (assassinate never works) and it was a unique and solid style for them. However, I think it was only overpowered if the guy had no or next to no mal saves at all (their fault). If you had a little to ok mal saves it was a balanced skill, and if you had decent or good saves forget about it.

Against average mal saves, the overall lag from the spamming required to land it would add up, and with ninjas its pretty costly, they have a lot of stuff they can and should try to get in a fight if they can such as caltraps, nerve, poison smoke if uber low mal saves, weapon type skills [clobber should always be used when available over everything else, uncanny attack probably, and sidestep it depends -- this was the picture before these new changes of course] and yet they don't really have the lasting power to do it, they often need to get it and get out quickly (acu, cures).

Thats also assuming just straight up combat. It further hurts when considering the element of surprise (supposed to be rogues calling) because it takes a nice chunk away from their shock power. Assassinate --> dust was good because thats about 3 rounds of lag (right about the time where people begin to flee if not much sooner, if you are taking them by surprise), same with dust --> caltraps/nerve/trip/weapon type/whatever you like to do, or dust --> dust --> dust if need.

I just don't like dust at 2 rounds of lag, despite its awesome effect if landed.. because thats a big if. Being able to spam it before made it worth it to try, now it kind of seems like poison smoke level usage, only when they have like no mal saves at all. That just doesn't cut it.

Abandoned Realms wrote:

CLOBBER: Can be used to initiate combat.
SIDESTEP: Also performs trip under certain circumstances.
UNCANNY ATTACK: Skill lag increased. Can sometimes lag and/or dirt target.
VANISH: Skill re-use rate dependent on adrenaline type.

Clobber is scary shit and smart players should be licking their chops at being to initiate with it [the problem before was that enemy segment without ward rarely ever happened, now at least to start there should be no ward], but thats still very short of covering for the immense dust drop in power.
Sidestep I never liked as much as most others, trip should help that a bit (and of course with dust gimping you have less to do in a fight before you can go into weapon types).
Vanish limit is reasonable, I could also have seen just upping the mana cost. It would be nice to know about how many you could do this way before dying trying though.

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject:

Damn... stop making so many changes!! I'm stil digesting combat module A =P

Thanks for all the hard work guys

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I like, .....I like very much.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Combat module A Combat module B I dont even speak that language... (sighs) At least I havent gotten used to fighting in A... Not that I even know effeictively how to fight at all!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Its the same lag as dirt.. and as likely to work if they have no saves. If they have saves you can use dirt.

0 0 0
shasha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Like the sound of the changes but the dust change i am unsure of. Its going to make it harder to even out the group advantage party classes like necros and ilusionists have over ninja's. I can already visualize the pain if you fail blindness dust the first time on a necro with full compliment of golems/zombies/pet and your getting two rounds of six opponents hitting you, with one dispelling your sanc as you have low saves.

Thats assuming you don't have an ace up your sleeve for ninja's like improved odds on assassinate. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Have you been on the bad side of a blindness dust? Its positively sick let me tell you. 2 round lag is fine ..makes it worthwhile to start using something else instead of just spamming blindness dust on moderate saves to bruteforce them. This is AOE blindi not just one blind

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Have you been on the bad side of a blindness dust? Its positively sick let me tell you. ....

Yranpheal used to get pwned by it all the time by that Legion Ninja. He needed 50+ in mal just to stand a chance.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject:

With the recent tweaking of skills to fit the lag better, would it be possible to look into afflictive spells and their lag as well? Uncanny, clobber, sidestep are all 1.5-2 rounds lag while spells such as fireball, lightning bolt, hellstream, colour spray, which have no counter, are still 1 round or approximately 1 round per cast doing just as much damage. Thanks.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject:

Hellstream is 1.5.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: