Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

The imminent return of Mystics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xerties

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: The imminent return of Mystics

So, with any luck, Mystics will be coming back, though from my understanding it'll just be a cotiere instead of an out-and-out cabal. Last I heard that's all it would ever be.

I was thinking about it and the major concern about Mystics being revived before was that they had no 'purpose.' Well I think I may have come up with something. Let's imagine Mystics as a middle ground between a cotiere and a cabal, similar to Heralds. No combat skills/spells, but they get artifacts back, customizable pets, and a headquarters. Call it a highly structured cotiere. You can't just buy your way in as you can the other ones, but the application process isn't as stringent as the big cabals.

Now, their all-important 'purpose' would be the implementation of the major changes. Essentially they would be the conduit through which the imps could RP their changes into Thera. So instead of random notes from guildmasters, the imps/imms could set up quests, and the Mystics would run/lead them. So say everyone is very anxious for aff module. The imps then say, 'Ok, you want aff module? You go get it. Deep in the Faction of Magic Iggilwiv has been toiling into the depths of the arcane, and has discovered new relationships between spells. You must go there and steal her tome and bring it to the Ivory Tower to be studied.' Bingo, bango, people have to band together to accomplish this and it adds some flavor.

Of course that was just an example, and you'd want it to be more complex than just running Faction of Magic, but it gives you an idea of what I mean. So what do the masses think?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Heralds is not a cabal.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject:

Yes, I know that Clifton, I said a middle ground between a cotiere and a cabal, similar to Heralds.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject:

So.. nifty skills with 0 threats?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject:

Not trying to knock the idea, but here are some things I was thinking of:

1) I don't know what Burzuk, Dav & Co. have "planned" for the Mystics, but I'm sure they've got some semblance of an idea or structure already in the works. Might wanna hear how that's gonna go before getting bigger ideas working (just to save yourself and others the frustration incase things get overridden later).

2) The "used as a means of introducing/earning changes" aspect of Mystics would only really seem plausible for changes like the afflictive module. When rogue changes come around, there'd be no motivation for the Mystics to "lead the charge" to go get those. I'm just thinking there might need to be more to their 'purpose' than that, incase there's nothing getting implemented for awhile.

Just a couple thoughts... I could be way off.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
instead of random notes from guildmasters, the imps/imms could set up quests, and the Mystics would run/lead them.

Realistically, "Module"-type changes aren't coming fast enough to even try doing this. For instance, Keepers was announced as "soon" back in April, and has barely budged an inch since then in terms of actual main port production. So it'd be a big poster that says "No changes today either". Why keep reminding everyone about that?

If it was worth trying to make quests to keep up with it, I'd already be doing it.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps Mystics could make artifacts that dont benefit mystics, so people who are deemed worthy for helping the mystics could gain a benificial artifact. Maybe even just item improvement for artifacts, like making the thick hide count as armor again or somthing like that.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: