Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 12 hours, 59 mins.

New race(s)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nakachi

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: New race(s)?

So.. I'm not sure what type of response this will get, but oh well. Most people have been playing this game for a while, and don't get me wrong, the game is still fun, but maybe by either taking out one of the least used races, or adding a new one, or both, this could boost the appeal, and offer something new for Vets to try and master. Just an idea, and I know that Dav and Burzuk are busy all the time with stuff anyway, so just let me know what you think.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject:

New races are a good plan the whole treant idea awhile back had me hyped up. I hope they decide to put it in again.

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject:

maybe a dark half elf.
that'd be pimp.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject:

The d&d book Races of Destiny describes a new race called the Illumians.

Races of Destiny wrote:
The illumians are a race created by sorcery. Through painstaking ritual, they have developed a mystical connection to the magic runes that make up their alphabet. Glowing sigils surround them, granting the power of an eldritch language made flesh.

This would be a fun race to play with. I know we are talking about alot of work, but I can send the book races of destiny to anyone who needs it. Probably best if you im me and I will just turn on my limewire, because I have a ton of books I share.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind more races and classes (as long as they were well thought out, balanced, and had staying power - i.e. not some cool sounding yet gimmick/fad lame in 2 weeks thing), but they seem to be more about less is more on the whole.

0 0 0
Wholesale Johnson

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject:

The desc of the illumians that Grayden posted gave me an idea.

What if a certain race, or a new race (or whatever) could only speak to others of that race - to everyone else it would be unintelligible, maybe you could learn languages and junk.

Like most of the ideas here, this one'll probably get shut down. But that's ok.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject:

Although I have always liked the idea that one can speak in "thieves cant" or other secret class or race based languages, you can just send a tell and no one else will hear it except the intended reciever. As far as limiting a whole race to a language, I believe that would hurt the rp and damage the realms instead of helping.(my two cents) Maybe with an extremly large player base one could limit a race to a language, but I do not think AR is ready for this.

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject:

heh, bring back a fell and abyssal type race. Something like the whole Zaikkra invasion again would be awsome. For pbase,rp and all that it would own as well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:

Is this a serious topic or are you guys just bored? I think we can do a lot better things to fix boredom that just adding more content to get tired of. Like have some real events, like uh, a sponsored arena battle this weekend, all characters across all pk ranges allowed to tussle if they want. The entrans line up, enter, and the last man alive wins. So is it a serious topic or what I think it is?

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Wow, actually I like that idea dav.

People love pking, and testing their might. shit half the game most people spend just looking for that elusive asshole to pk.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:

I still remember the day when my half-elf bard got somehow turned into a Treant for a day (some sort of coding error) - I killed the worm to get a clear potion and was instantly ranked twice! Ohhh those were the days... of course what I didnt realise was that i may have gained 2 ranks but it had also left me in the exp hole of death of around 80k at rank 48 which I can assure you... is no fun at all.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I was serious about Illumians, but if we are going to do an event we should do that day where you jump to level 50 with new people. I foget what it is called, but it is always fun.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject:

That would be cool it would help out newbies too so they could explore and kill in arena or elsewhere with chars no one really cares about. Best plan ever right there.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: