Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gadlo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Introduction

so i'm not exactly new but there are still things that i am learning, I started playing AR towards the beginning of 2008.
Gadlo is my second cabal char, both chars being with Knights, i've played about 3-4 others that have reached pinnacle as well.

i've played various text games for the past 13ish years, most notably Darkness Falls and its offspring Darkness Falls: Crusade before the plug was pulled on both (oddly with playerbases still quite high as compared to games of today)

i've been a WoW addict as well, but theres always been something that the text genre delivers that the graphical games just fall short on, so i've put asside those games besides the occasional Starcraft battle at work with the rest of the IT department.

thats about it, just wanted to give a big hello to you all, and let you all know a little about myself

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Welcome

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Your doing pretty well with Gadlo I was Adro however you spell the rest of that. Over all doing pretty well if it's your second cabal'd char. Keep up the good work and hopefully you stick around forever.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject:

Nice to meet you and welcome.

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject:

I almost died when I saw that you'd only started in 2008, but at least you've been playing MUD's for 13 years...I still haven't mustered the patience to get a pinnacled character.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I too was surprised to see your start time and then the fact you've had 2 cabal characters, since according to Dav the cabals are only for "the elite".

0 0 0
Nakachi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject:

Welcome Gadlo, I don't know how you're doing, but it sounds good. Also, I really enjoyed Groq not being able to spell his character's name Wink

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
I too was surprised to see your start time and then the fact you've had 2 cabal characters, since according to Dav the cabals are only for "the elite".

A year playing actively should be long enough for entering to cabals. Being the best in cabals is definitely something that comes through playing multiples 50s like Gadlo mentioned. Being "in practice" also matters for that.

Theyre not really "only" for the elite.... for e.g. Legion takes in noobs to soak up the deaths, so people like pip can scuttle away and stay geared. I just meant that you need to be elite to perform well and leave a good record, etc.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Ah ok cool, thanks for clarifying.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: