Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

Roll Call
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject:

I've been here since just before the end of the first age. I remember Coven playing as a storm giant paladin and owning. I also remember that in the first age the naming policy was not enforced very rigidly. Specifically I remember a legion named Blackstaff and a fairly bad-ass ranger named Woodchuck, both of whom hit level 50.

Also, charm was a hilariously overpowered skill for illusionists.

0 0 0
Neonin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I was pre-purge. Still swing by the forums occasionally to see what's happening Smile

Yes, I'm THAT Neonin, the one who was/is running around Seringale as an NPC getting himself ass-raped.

Played no real notable characters except for that and a short-lived Knight by the name of Teran. Had a couple of Imms, built Timaran... Ahh, good times. I look back at the stuff some of us used to get up to and the arguments etc and it just seems so horribly childish now lol.

0 0 0
Mirdrayn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Neonin wrote:
I was pre-purge. Still swing by the forums occasionally to see what's happening Smile

Yes, I'm THAT Neonin, the one who was/is running around Seringale as an NPC getting himself ass-raped.

Played no real notable characters except for that and a short-lived Knight by the name of Teran. Had a couple of Imms, built Timaran... Ahh, good times. I look back at the stuff some of us used to get up to and the arguments etc and it just seems so horribly childish now lol.

You're definitely a legend around Seringale Wink Do come back and roll a character Very Happy

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Mirdrayn wrote:
Neonin wrote:

You're definitely a legend around Seringale Wink Do come back and roll a character Very Happy

Agreed. You might enjoy some of the new changes.

0 0 0
Neonin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject:

I may just pop in, but I haven't played a text-based MUD in years... Still, might be nice to see how things are these days.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject:

It was probably around... 98-99 I started playing, my friend and his brother showed me the game and his brother gave me a ninja named Melchior. I had no clue as to what was happening at all, didn't have any memorable chars but I do remember making a bunch of mino zerkers cuz I thought they owned. Went by the name of Holtaire for a while, then Namehtnayr. Been around ever since on and off, I just can't get away...

0 0 0
Navizarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Rothak wrote:
It was probably around... 98-99 I started playing, my friend and his brother showed me the game and his brother gave me a ninja named Melchior. I had no clue as to what was happening at all, didn't have any memorable chars but I do remember making a bunch of mino zerkers cuz I thought they owned. Went by the name of Holtaire for a while, then Namehtnayr. Been around ever since on and off, I just can't get away...

Holtaire and Melchior seems familiar to me. Was Holtaire in a cabal?

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject:

No, Holtaire wasn't in a cabal. He was around a bit, but because I was still relatively new to the realms, he was kind of my trash char lol. I've learned not to be like that though, it's quite annoying when everyone hates you hahaha.

0 0 0
Cheech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject:

My first character I think I was ~10. I didn't know how to do anything but walk around Seringale sacrificing banners. I think I collected at least a million gold. I started playing for real when warlords were still around. I had a 50 ninja, Amos. I remember dueling Kaunturon and Nagrok around that time. Also I remember that event where everyone was lvl 50. Then I quit for a while and came back and played as Caeleth and back then the only names I remember are Olyn, and Bamache and Quincera. Recently started tinkering around again : ). But I am as awful as ever.

0 0 0
Hrimoyan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject:

Cheech wrote:
My first character I think I was ~10. I didn't know how to do anything but walk around Seringale sacrificing banners. I think I collected at least a million gold. I started playing for real when warlords were still around. I had a 50 ninja, Amos. I remember dueling Kaunturon and Nagrok around that time. Also I remember that event where everyone was lvl 50. Then I quit for a while and came back and played as Caeleth and back then the only names I remember are Olyn, and Bamache and Quincera. Recently started tinkering around again : ). But I am as awful as ever.

I'm trying to remember when that was.. (I played Quincera)

Anyway.. I found this game in 03'.. I was 16-17. Laive (Elf ranger who sucked uber hard) was my first char ..big surprise? I tried a few other characters ..even got made a perma-squire from Imm Solominus or whatever his name was cuz I sucked so hard. Then I read "MeteoFist's Guide on how to kick ass with a ranger" and turned things around.. then Dav/Burz changed combat modules lol

0 0 0
Cheech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject:

I recognize Hrimoyan too (well the picture gives it away), a ranger! I had some rough battles with Quincera and Bamache I would guess it was around 07' 08'. I think I killed you and him each once but died about 100 times to each of you lol.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject:

july/august 07, took my time looking back in the graveyard. I was xirth. Welcome back.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Azazello the Abyss Invoker, first "real" char ><

0 0 0
Hrimoyan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject:

deadzero wrote:
july/august 07, took my time looking back in the graveyard. I was xirth. Welcome back.

Yup, Quincera and Xirth.. the Karakee sisters lol. Hated when you deleted. We could have took that far lol.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Hrimoyan wrote:
Cheech wrote:

I'm trying to remember when that was.. (I played Quincera)

Anyway.. I found this game in 03'.. I was 16-17. Laive (Elf ranger who sucked uber hard) was my first char ..big surprise? I tried a few other characters ..even got made a perma-squire from Imm Solominus or whatever his name was cuz I sucked so hard. Then I read "MeteoFist's Guide on how to kick ass with a ranger" and turned things around.. then Dav/Burz changed combat modules lol

Meteofist is who showed me ar way back when... We went to college together.

0 0 0
Rhaindoir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Been around a while.

I first started playing around 99 I think. Not entirely sure.
Only character I had was Ash. I only got to level 46 storm giant I believe but was a fun time. Journey well great samuraii.

0 0 0
Coven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject:

Some of you may remember my characters - Coven, Sethanon, Aelseran, Avindus, Vandit, several others I don't remember. I spent most of my time between 1998 and 2003 playing AR. It was my obsession. AR didn't cross my mind for ten plus years, and then out of the blue on a vacation back home I wondered if AR was still around and I came searching.

I'm filled with nostalgia just thinking about all the unlocked memories. I was just a freshman in college when I started. During that time I made some great friends I lost contact with. Made some critics. Some were deserved. Got banned. Came back. Using my new found web application creating skills I made a website called thk. that was the database for all the items in AR. Became an IMP because I knew Odoacer in real life and he wanted out. Made a few dungeons. Tweaked some code. Met a few people IRL. Named a few things, such as Mocker's Tavern. Made Davairus an immortal and disappeared.

To all the friends I've made, I hope you are well and I hope hear from you. We had a lot of fun in the game and on IRC. To all the critics, please forgive me for I was young and immature. I've since become a father, husband, live in Atlanta and work in corporate.

AR will always be a special place for me. You can't spend that much time and not have an impact. Thanks to everyone here and gone for making it fun.

4 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

Totally recognize a lot of those really oldie characters. I also started playing when I was like 11. Kento, Theoric, Gaelyn. Tons of great times.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: