Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Changes you don't like.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:15 am    Post subject:

I dislike this change that us all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject:

its an evolving situation is my point. just watch and comment toward next update

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:32 am    Post subject:

medals gain is 99% perfect now. probably even 99.9%. apologies for the bumpy ride. i made some vicious cuts to stop exploit and olyn/vanisse healed it for normal use cases. it feels very fair from my own testing.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

So. Is three months time? The D P R change to kills (in group command output) Did not grow on me at all. It actually makes me more mad each time I look at my group output, I have found myself using other commands to get the other information there......SCORE, just for a HP check!?!?!?!? Fuck "kills"! Also, I thought we don't ninja change, but no one told me that they were taking tenacity out of NOEXP. I ABHOR this change. If you liked where levelling was at, you just FUXED it imo. Now 36 - 50 means OOC, wait forever for a sanc'er, or gl hf c u in a month or so. Sorry, exaggeration, but the point stands. I don't know if the difference in price is supposed to make people have a much harder time gaining? Sorry, I should have split these topics, and thought about each, and not posted high, AGAIN!

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

The noexp losing tenacity thing also fucks me in the regard of making gold. And I do not like the "go and get some shit and sell it" approach. Also, if I am not gambling, the shoppies always run out of gold. I am not a gear mule. And what if I want to play a low str char, then it works for me even less. I much prefer to kill the shit out of some shit so that I can loot its coins.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

So... You are making changes in response to people scripting (not against the rules) Making it much more difficult for players who don't run scripts. How does this make any sense at all?

"he's referring to some efforts to curb scripting which are necessary because easy training leads to quick deletes"

This fucking pisses me right off. Again, Scripting is not against the rules, why do you asshats continuously try to force me to play your way, I won't at all. I will play my way, or I won't play at all. No crappy stealth change that you make to try to coerce me to play your way will ever work. You could make it take 1000 hours to level to 50 and have it so that no skills will go passed 75% unless you play for 500 hours first, I will still delete on my first death. Fuck off with these changes to try to make those of us who enjoy flash in the pans, play your way.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

What about ofcol though

0 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

you know, maybe you guys just need an idea of making gold. its not as difficult as you think it is. Not at all. Youre welcome to play however you want of course. I just dont see me playing a game where you can get rushed from level 35 to 50 in 40 minutes. AR levelling shouldnt feel like a stupid d2 rush. That is some carebear shit. Just get pushed right through the gauntlet without having to worry about anyone nuking your ass. also, tenacity gold my ass. in my day we used to turn autosplit off and give people the middle finger

1 0 1
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

wow, it has been that long since your day!

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject:

So boiling down your response....Yes I did make this change and not announce, it, no I dont give a fuck that you ABHOR it, fuck you for not liking my way of getting gold, and yes, fuck your way of making gold so you can level. If I was looking for "carebear" shit, I would not be complaining that I find it MUCH more difficult and disinteresting to gain enough gold for ....... my supplies to rank myself?!?!? Imma stop since I'm a bit heated, I will organize my thoughts, and try again, although I am certain the response will be similar, if not the same.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Also, change DPR to kills still sucks a lot, DPR was a tool I loved for tracking my numbers, but, oh well, it doesnt matter what I like. Also, both of these changes didnt hit logs so we wouldnt even know, until we notice sacred parts of our gameplay are missing?! Nice!

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Its more like, I literally dont know what the fuck it is you are complaining about. You said you wanted to get gold by killing shit. Then do it? kill ofcol shopkeepers? Kill harpies? Kill butlers in mansion? Kill mummies in keep of d'al kaddar? All of these are solid choices for gold, and 3 out of 4 are easily scripted pre-level 35. What is the problem Kornhole? Are you trying to level over level 36 and finding the mobs that give you exp dont drop enough gold to sustain the potions

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:20 am    Post subject:

I've added DPR onto the scarecrows and training dummys. there is a training dummy in mudschool which can be entered at any level via the miden'nir cave. This means you have several ways to see your raw damage any time you want to.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:25 am    Post subject:

Thank you very much Davairus. Both those last posts were very helpful. Yes, I find this to be very true 36-50, I find the gold needed to solo or duo (unless you are a certain class, or classes, I would venture to say less than half) very unsustainable. I have gained a lot of experience on a lot of characters over a lot of years, and "in my day" there were far more available groupmates, and noobs to steamroll who forgot how to use the bank, but that is not the point. I think moreover I was butthurt that these seemed like very significant changes, that were attempted to be implemented with no announcement. I am over it, thanks for the tip on DPR, and I will learn to gold.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject:

Yeah, the next tier of potions is 5 times more expensive. I would hazard a guess they'd feel a lot more reasonable at half the price

1 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

You already get a discount on those potions with overlord favor buff active, btw.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

If you can script you can figure out DPR. Regardless I don’t understand the concern for it. Is it really that hard to tell?

I think those changes are good for character interaction. The gods forbid you have to sell things for gold.

“I am not a gear mule.” Try being one for a while. Your cabal will thank you and opponents will hate you. Again, character interaction.

0 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Potion relief has arrived

1) I've reduced the expensive monster potion costs by 25%.

2) I've also enabled your character reputations to lower the costs in stores further. The reputation I mentioned applies to whatever area you are in, so if you are shopping in Seringale it will check your Seringale reputation. The better the reputation, the bigger the discount.

3) I've made buying Ming's glorious prize (100 relics) increase your Timaran reputation by 100, and completing the Jemira quest increase your reputation with Timaran by 1000. It is rather easy to get at least a friendly reputation with Timaran. Thats an additional 5% discount on all stores in Timaran. So, if all you did was the elemental canyon quest, these expensive monster potions are already 30% cheaper, and you can work it down even lower if you sacrifice relics for that (100 relics for 100 rep won't feel so ridiculous once the smuggler is back on gold again).

4) the bard song "let it be known" increases the bard reputation and this now applies a decent discount to all stores instead of just being an invisible haggle buff.

This all stacks with the overlord buff. All this stuff will be presented again in the patch note so dont worry about having to keep up with the whole forums, notes etc. Its just an early advance notice and I'm not going to delay until a patch when its hurting you right now

1 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Good change I think.

Is reputation something you have to upkeep? That is, does it decay over time if you don't do things to keep it propped up? Or once you do something to raise your rep it stays there?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

As far as I know, reputation stays. Ways to lower it (like killing guild guardians) could be added

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25

Jump to: