Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

Changes you don't like.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Lion protective shield doesn't protect against dirt fyi. It stops things like bashing and arrows.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

I think some pushback against headshrinking is understandable. Shamans are a very good class, which is primarily because they are loaded up with disabling spells and solid healing. However they went from being a crippled class. So I'd recalibrate your expectations of what fighting a shaman is like. That doesn't mean we are finished but I think there is going to be a sort of "stages of grief" over shamans not being an opponent you can just overwhelm easily with barrage, hobbles and tons of free concentrate damage anymore. The bread and butter of fighting shamans is same as always. Also we have a bunch of very experienced players on shamans at the moment. It'll swing.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject:

DKNs feel gimped with the change to abyssal bulwark for the fact that is is a 'shroud' type and thus has no AC associated with it. This allows much more powerful hits to land, draining it faster than if you simply never used it. Even if you have 1 mark to abyssal bulwark, you're gonna get smashed into the HP part as well since it doesn't pop like an invoker's shield. Cure light is ok, but it is not sustainable either way. I'd say remove abyssal bulwark and return vamp touch. I'd much rather have the AC and health on my char than a shroud that really is only useful in the very beginning of a fight due to the 100 free 'HP' at level 50.

0 0 0
lionSpyre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I get where you and the Imms are coming from, Dav. You guys gotta care for / balance 16 classes, and when there are skilled PKers sitting behind a class that just got a buff it really shows. I'm definitely not arguing for a full overhaul here, as the shrunken head is a nice flavor. But the fact that a shaman now can negate most combat abilities coming at them and continuously heal themselves while bludgeoning you to death (because you're wearing your saves gear and they're rocking 40+ hit-dam) seems like a bit much.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject:

getting owned by skills isnt shamans department. You are looking for the mage department, to the left. Dispel magic. Be sure to stop by and browsw the gap closing team. Shouldnt be hard to find, just look for the big group of failed shamans outside it complaining they couldnt sleep ticks because of shadow lance

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

Does anyone other than me not understand what Dav was trying to say ^^

1 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

- Wearing the severed head as shield prevents weapon or combat disadvantage.
This is from the patch notes.

Weapon ward was taken away from Clerics for balance or whatever reasons, and the primary function of weapon ward (aside from blocking disarm attempts, etc) is to prevent weapon style disadvantages which impacts parry chance greatly. Weapon ward requires upkeep at least, so how does it make sense that shamans now get a permanent weapon ward that also blocks a variety of skills from across multiple classes?

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget it also adds more AC and saves than any shield in the game. By a significant margin. Also remember it deals damage to your opponent if they do anything to it.

And Merlandox I am with you. Not sure what he meant. I think maybe he meant dispel magic and shadow spear are more complain worthy than shrunken heads?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Ok here's a thought. If you think sidestep is ineffective vs a shaman, you should go try that on a prepared warrior with 50-60 damroll and its bash mastered. All I ever see thieves doing vs warriors is blackjacks and then pissing their pants as they run off with a sack of worthless trash. The point is your class doesn't own every other class, some are good matchups and some are not, and you can pick races (or specs) to further refine that.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

How about inspiring presence (or all of the presences) don't give their benefit to the paladin itself? Instead it affects only their groupmates.

Do they really need 6 extra damroll, with no cooldown, no cost, and infinite duration?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

The paladin having the effect doesn't strike me as particularly gratuitous, hamsamwich, I wonder if there is something else you are trying to get at? What I'm actually concerned about is that we are stacking inspiring presence upon similar effects (presences/berserk/frenzy/battle hymn and, in the eradicator spec, errantry). I could definitely be persuaded that stacking any of those affects is too overboard. Divine sacrifice (eradicator spec) +10 damroll is one that seems to turn a paladin from being pretty douchey into pretty nasty.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject:

That's what I was getting at Dav. +6 damroll all by itself isn't too crazy. But we all know that paladins have insane high damroll and do shit loads of damage. So if you don't want to nerf errantry, or divine sacrifice, or fencing, or whatever the hell other dozen things, then take away that. It's at least something.
No other class gets 6 damroll for free on no cooldown and infinite duration.

Plus, they're inspiring themselves? That seems silly.

I don't know. I'm not going to sit here and say my idea is awesome. It's a boring idea lol. But it's a new idea, so I thought I'd voice it so others can bounce it around in their heads and decide how worthless it is/isn't

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:22 am    Post subject:

We'll need to focus on addressing the root of the complaint which is increasing challenge for the eradication paladin spec. That offering is a band-aid which nerfs all the other paladins specs. More ideas toward eradication paladin is what we need.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject:

This change to the auction house is pretty much the end of a large part of my use for it. I dont need to buy stuff off the AH at level 50 and from 42 to 50 I'm not worrying about eq. I'm just worried about how quickly I can get through the gauntlet. Than. I'm into exploring for EQ and or pking. Than getting eq. Afterwards I want to sell on the AH preferably to a low level dude who keeps it away from my enemy.

What I like to do as far as purchasing. I like to buy cheap rares at low levels to help level up.

I'd like to point out that the very system you have setup. With most Cabals having you wait at level 25... You are punishing people for going along with the system? I know There is dickheads who horde. But honestly... I've never once seen the rare circulation an issue. I didnt even notice that dude who had 20 characters hording until it was brought up here.

If someone is cheating... than rules are being broken and than that's easy to deal with... if no one is cheating than, why are we all being punished? Because we are not playing a certain way?

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject:

I mean isn't it just bladefurry buying all the rares from his friends then dying anyway? what is the big deal?

1 0 1
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject:

There is no punishment here. I've just chosen to make the auction house respect the PK ranges. You guys know why we have PK ranges.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

I agree with the change 100%. It’s utter garbage to see people sitting at 25 with full sets of rares. It was abusive to the point that they had uniques and we’re tying up even basic rare weapons from level 50’s. Before the last rare purge it was a HUGE issue because you couldn’t get something as mundane as a thin bladed axe or a skull headed mace etc. Since the purge it has been better because literally everything returned, but you still see one or two kitted out in full dragon scale or other top tier things which hugely unbalances the lower levels.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

Well lets be realistic. Some disappointment is understandable. We would never have been in this auction house mess if I had just thought it through well enough in the first place. If I could go back to day 1 this is exactly what i would build.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

The AH is just a middle man that can be removed from the sale.

2 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

Make unique stuff enchantable again please.

It creates an effect where greedy people would blow up their weapons re-releasing them into the game and also a lot of unique weapons become borderline shit right now because 0 hit/0 dam making them outperformed by rares that can be enchanted to 5/5 easily.

If you have 5 to 40 damage unique with +0/0
or 4 to 38 damage rare with +5/5 then obviously the rare is better in first place.

Engraving is one thing but enchanting really needs to still work imo

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: