Ye Olde Abandoned Realms Logs

Awakening 3

posted on 2021-10-11 10:59:23
>>> Another day, a spell-casting session with Pauwyr, Ilromie, and Valindra.

Valindra says 'Two dark, two light--a coven, a fright. What does Serin come to then? Who can say?'
Valindra nods to herself. She must need reassurance.

You say to Valindra 'What would you like to see in Serin that you have not yet seen?'

Valindra smiles somewhat wistfully, her chins jiggling.
Valindra says 'A golem made from hair. The end of gods. Whatever comes next.'

You wince in agony.
You say 'A hair...golem?'
You say 'That sounds like a nightmare.'

Ilromie grimaces painfully at the thought.

Valindra startles herself as if she has just awoken.

Pauwyr says 'Split ends everywhere.'

You nod in enthusiastic agreement with Pauwyr.

Valindra says 'I spoil for the spell. But someday I will find it.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, I spy but a single hair about the realm.'

You let out a hearty laugh.
You say to Ilromie 'That is.... incredible.'

Ilromie agrees absolutely.

Valindra watches the enchantments proceed with enthusiasm. She produces a deck of cards from one of the pouches at her waist.

Serra looks curiously at the cards.
You say 'Do you play with or read those?'

Valindra flips a card for Serra. It looks to be the Fool. She crosses it with another--Ace of Spades--and below that, one more, the Hanged Man.

You wince in agony.

Ilromie frowns.

Pauwyr cringes in terror!
Pauwyr says 'Not good.'

Ilromie says 'I suspect not.'

You say 'At least two of those feel quite accurate.'

Valindra says 'No, no. You see, Doyenne, the Hanged Man sits in repose--for it is his limitations that strengthen him. What will you learn from this time? When you are less than yourself?'

Ilromie comforts you.

You ponder the question.

Pauwyr says 'So... the hanged man is in retrograde?'
Pauwyr sits down and thinks deeply.

Valindra cackles gleefully at Pauwyr.

You say 'In truth, I have been learning from every person I have met.'

Valindra says 'The Hanged Man in retrograde, yes, indeed.'
Valindra says 'Your perspective does not limit you for a time.'

You say 'You mean I may be able to see more, when I know myself less?'

Ilromie sits down and thinks deeply.

Valindra says 'No one can escape their past, Doyenne, except perhaps you. For a moment.'
Valindra says 'What will it teach you?'
Valindra carries on rather oracularly, though flan still dots her many chins.
Valindra eats a raspberry flan.

You ponder the question.
You say 'It has, thus far, made me feel alternately like a baby and a doddering old woman.'

A tiny wisp named Hibbadibbity settles upon Serra's shoulder after swooping about the room. She gets a little essence on Pauwyr in the process.

Ilromie winces in agony.

You say 'Perhaps it teaches me of the cycle of life.'

Valindra says 'Maiden and Crone.'
Valindra says 'Who is the Mother, Doyenne?'

You say 'I do not know.'

Valindra taps a stubby finger to her lip.

A spotted owl claws at Valindra's chins.

You blink innocently at a spotted owl.

Valindra pats a spotted owl on his head.

Ilromie winces in agony.

Pauwyr says 'Hey now.'
Pauwyr swats at a spotted owl furiously!

Valindra cranes her neck to expose a little more chin to the owl.

You let out a hearty laugh.

Valindra says 'I kind of like it.'

Ilromie utters the words, 'qcandusahz yaae'.
A slab of bacon suddenly appears.
A slab of bacon suddenly appears.
Ilromie says 'Please, owl, have some bacon.'

A spotted owl kneads Valindra's chins with delight.

Valindra emits a low purr.

Pauwyr gets a slab of bacon.
Pauwyr gives a slab of bacon to a spotted owl.
A spotted owl eats a slab of bacon.
Pauwyr sits down and thinks deeply.
Pauwyr says 'The ... Paramount of Brutality.'

[ Fire ] <PK> Griremas the Paramount of Brutality
[ H-Elf ] Leitha Dondeleon the Paladin Lady
[ Gobln ] <PK> <HERALD> (Chronicler) Valindra Skitterwit the Sage of Arcane Power, Chronicler of Myth
[ Elf ] <PK> <SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Duchess Ilromie Illistarre the Sage of Arcane Power, Polymath of History
[ Human ] <PK> Zelarayan the Unholy Bishop
[ Human ] Milothgar Viarasch the Learned of the Drawn Bow
[ Undea ] Lucidus the Knight of Brimstone
[50 Storm Hea] <PK> <SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra the Paradigm of Water, Doyenne of Physical
[ Quasi ] <PK> <MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr Rauwyr the Sage of Arcane Power, Annotator of Arcane
Players found: 9
[WARLORD] The clamour of War prevails.
There are 9 characters on; the most on this past month was 15.

Pauwyr says 'So descriptive.'

You nod.

Valindra says 'Names, titles, magic.'

You say 'Those young Knight aspirants will have much to encounter on their journey.'

Ilromie says 'I suspect they cannot fight him yet.'

Valindra says 'There are Knights? I thought . .'
Valindra looks down at her hands.

Ilromie says 'One squire was today named.'

Valindra nods at Ilromie.

You say 'Leitha was expressing her interest as well.'

Valindra says 'Let us hope she does not forget.'
Valindra chuckles at some joke she seems to have made for herself.

You nod.

Ilromie says 'Though it seems Leitha is facing the vampire now.'

You say 'Oh, is she?'

Ilromie agrees absolutely.

Valindra says 'A vampire.'
Valindra gets a bloody silken pillow from a satchel embroidered with the crest of Heralds.

You let out a hearty laugh.

Pauwyr says 'Is it a friendly Vampire?'

Ilromie peers intently at Pauwyr.

Valindra says 'They are always charming but want a little more than one can give.'
Valindra rubs the neck the owl had been kneading as if to illustrate her point.

Pauwyr lets out a hearty laugh.
Pauwyr says 'That is an excellent way to put it.'

A spotted owl preens and leans into the rubs.
A tiny wisp named Hibbadibbity hovers next to the owl, motes of essence encasing the pair. It is cute.

Pauwyr wears a pair of satanic sleeves on his arms.
Pauwyr coughs loudly.

This fair skinned Quasit seems to be an exception rather than the rule.
Grassy fronds are used as a rudimentary wig and strange markings ring his
deep set eyes. Very odd close cropped ear holes release a fine steam which
come from some unknown source. He has a very wide mouth with a pronounced
overbite showing fangs that are quite sharp. Arcane symbols and mystic
letters appear to be branded into his skin. The brands are very pronounced
and appear to emanate a power of some sort.
He has unlocked many secrets of the world.
Pauwyr has a few scratches.

Pauwyr is using:
<pile o' quasit things>
<worn on head> (Magical) (Glowing) (Humming) not a cheese

Valindra giggles at Pauwyr's actions.

You say 'Whatever happened to the cheese?'

Pauwyr says 'It rusted away.'

You say 'NOOOO!'
You sigh.

Pauwyr says 'It was inexplicably rare.'

You say 'I suppose such brilliance cannot linger long in Serin.'

Valindra sniffs a fish, shakes it a little, then shoves it in her satchel.
Valindra puts a dark-blue wish-giving fish in a satchel embroidered with the crest of Heralds.

Pauwyr says 'Well, it did linger I assure you. The smell at least. I kept it for quite some time.'

You let out a hearty laugh.
You say 'There was someone else I remember.... who was it... some woman who enjoyed keeping a sack of cheese.'
You say 'Everywhere she went, a pong ensued.'
You say 'But she was pleasant company otherwise.'

Valindra says 'She sounds misunderstood.'

Pauwyr lets out a hearty laugh.

Valindra says 'I knew a witch once who lived in a house made of cookies . . . the most delightful recipe.'
Valindra adjusts one of the pouches at her waist conspicuously.

Ilromie frowns at what Valindra did.

You say 'Did you... eat her house?'

Valindra says 'I will let her out soon.'

You boggle at the concept.

Valindra blinks.

You say 'Let her out?'

Valindra pats the pouch again as if reassuring herself.

Serra looks over at the pouch intently.

A tiny wisp named Hibbadibbity swoops about Valindra's head frenetically before landing once more.

You say 'It's um, wriggling a bit.'

Valindra adjusts her belt rather forcefully before her attention returns to Serra.

A spotted owl looks at the wriggling pouch intently.

Valindra shuffles the three cards she'd revealed for Serra back into a tidy deck.
Valindra withdraws something from another pouch with a flourish.

Ilromie blinks and a distant scene starts to reflect in her eyes.

You get a magic mushroom.
Serra quietly, innocently, puts a magic mushroom on Ilromie's still head.

Valindra positions a fragile crystal ball in Ilromie's line of sight.
Valindra nods approvingly.

Pauwyr is looking at everyone and anything besides Valindra and her pouch of strange.

You chortle mischieviously at Pauwyr.

Ilromie blinks, looking through the scene at the crystal.

Pauwyr says 'So uh.'
Pauwyr says 'A slith tried to eat my kitten today.'

Ilromie gasps in astonishment.

You say 'It was rather rude.'

Valindra pats the empty space next to her, making eyes at Pauwyr.

Serra catches the mushroom as it falls off.

Valindra says to Pauwyr 'Join me, won't you?'

Pauwyr says 'The warlord Szherbeal or something. Was sniffing my poor kitten and licked it, felt he tasted good and tried to slaughter and eat him.'

You wince in agony.

Pauwyr sits next to Valindra with a thump.

Ilromie says 'Without a challenge?'

Valindra scoots toward Pauwyr so that her shoulder brushes the tiny demon's.

Pauwyr says 'He was actually watching a battle.'
Pauwyr says 'Poor little thing ran to the forest where Serra happened to be.'

You nod.

Pauwyr says 'I eat small things. I can admit that. But it wouldnt be a kitten.'

Valindra says 'Too gamey.'
Valindra blinks innocently.

You say 'I followed it back to town and the slith attempted to eat it again.'

Pauwyr says 'Not enough meat.'
Pauwyr says 'A bunny or squirrel, yes.'
Pauwyr nods at you in agreement.

Valindra says 'A child, a rat.'

Ilromie blinks and the scene clears from her eyes.

Pauwyr nods at Valindra.
Pauwyr coughs loudly.
Pauwyr motions at Valindra and covers his mouth, silently asking her to do the same.

You say 'Children and rats are not at all comparable in terms of edibleness... aren't they magnitudes of size different?'

Pauwyr peers around himself intently.

You say 'Err.'
Yuck, try to cover your mouth next time!

Valindra strains to poke the fragile crystal ball she's positioned before Ilromie. A little flame sputters within.
Valindra says 'For example only. I am on a strict flan diet, it would seem.'
Valindra eats a raspberry flan.

You nod.

Ilromie says 'If the option is consumption of the youth, I shall ensure you never run out of flan.'
Ilromie glances at the crystal ball, then leans in to look more deeply.

Valindra flips a card, rather casually too, and shows it to Pauwyr.
Valindra whispers something to Pauwyr.

Pauwyr coughs loudly.
Pauwyr beams broadly!

Ilromie blinks innocently.

Valindra says 'What do you see in the flames, Duchess?'

Ilromie squints and draws her hand over the crystal ball, summoning flame into her palm to alight the interior.

Valindra watches with avid interest, leaning into the tiny demon beside her as she scoots toward Ilromie.

Ilromie says 'I see...figures...'
Ilromie squints her eyes more carefully.

Valindra says 'Do they approach?'

Ilromie shakes her head.
Ilromie says 'They are still, perhaps...'
Ilromie shifts her hand.
Ilromie says 'Yes, casting something...'

Valindra's eyes narrow.

Ilromie frowns as a darkness overtakes the ball and withdraws her hand.

Valindra says 'Can you sense what they conjure, Duchess?'

Ilromie says 'In fact, I could but tell it was something of great power...'

Serra peers at the crystal ball intently.

Ilromie says 'The image was gone before I could recognize more.'

You say 'How many figures were there?'

Ilromie says 'Three.'
Ilromie glances at Valindra and you briefly.

You ponder the question.

Valindra says 'A most vexing vision.'
Valindra looks at a fragile crystal ball.

You say 'What does the flame speak to you, Valindra?'

Valindra says 'It will not speak to me today.'

You say 'Oh?'

Valindra says 'All I smell is smoke.'

Ilromie frowns.

You say 'Hmm.'

Valindra nudges the fragile crystal ball with one finger.

Ilromie shivers once, then looks down the hall.

A tiny wisp named Hibbadibbity alights on the top of the crystal ball as the flame kindles once more.

Valindra says 'I have spoken too much of the dead today, I think, and I am punished. I should not wish for golems so.'

You comfort her.

Valindra retrieves the crystal ball with startling alacrity. She shoves it into pouch, along with Hibbadibbity, whom she snatches unceremoniously from the air by the neck.

A tiny wisp named Hibbadibbity transforms into a miniature chess piece of itself.

You say 'Did you all ever finish that book on Invoker... something or other?'

Ilromie winces in agony.
Ilromie says 'I confess, it is yet a work in progress.'

You let out a hearty laugh.

Valindra says 'Soon I shall publish Fortune Yeller. Will you attend my party?'

Ilromie smiles happily.

You say 'Oh! Yes, absolutely.'
You say 'Will you announce an event?'

Valindra says 'Perhaps. I am so shy though.'

You cheer Valindra on and wish her good luck!

Valindra smiles rather wickedly, her chins bobbing.

A miniature chess piece transforms to form a tiny wisp named Hibbadibbity!
A tiny wisp named Hibbadibbity flits from her pouch when Valindra isn't looking. She hovers out of reach.

You giggle in her presence.

Ilromie says 'I have found it best to post an event, that there be no confusion regarding the time of the party.'

Valindra nods at Ilromie.
Valindra says 'Will you help me plan it? Or at least cater?'

Ilromie agrees absolutely.
Ilromie says 'Of course.'

Valindra bats her eyes winningly. Little toad.

Ilromie says 'Will you be attending my event?'

Valindra says 'The Mystique discussion? It is regrettable I cannot. I travel to Acadia.'

Ilromie says 'Have care there.'

You nod.

Valindra says 'But I wish I could attend and recite my rap for you.'

Ilromie agrees absolutely.
Ilromie says 'In fact, you have placed your tiny finger upon my plan.'

Valindra's eyebrows perk, and she leans forward a little.

You say 'I would be interested to hear news from Acadia, or at least know all is well. I imagine much has happened since my last visit.'

Valindra says 'I mostly travel with the House. But it can't abide to go alone.'

You say 'The House?'

Valindra swats an errant dangling pouch again.

You say 'Ahh.'

Valindra says 'Olgarda's house . . . it needs looking after.'

You nod.
You say 'Well... I mean, it is made of cookies.'

Valindra nods at you in agreement.
Valindra says 'Too tempting, by half.'
Valindra snores a little. She has fallen asleep on the floor.

You say 'One day we should all attempt an adventure together.'

Ilromie looks at Pauwyr.

Valindra startles awake.

Ilromie says 'Perhaps.'

Valindra says 'I enjoy adventure.'

You say 'A mountain of invokers, plus me. And perhaps Villidan the silver-tongued.'

Valindra whispers something to Ilromie.

Ilromie whispers something to Valindra.

Valindra nods, and a touch gravely.

You bat your eyelashes.

Ilromie says to Valindra 'You know something.'

You say 'About what?'

Valindra says 'What I do not know could fill a vast ocean.'

Ilromie says to Valindra 'What do you know of what I saw in the flame?'

Valindra says 'But--I know what I felt. I suspect you felt it too.'

Valindra says, sounding less sure than is typical, 'I have . . . scried the vapors since. They reveal to me only as smoke. I told you.'
Valindra shoots Hibbadibbity a withering look.

Ilromie frowns.

You have left your state of serenity.
You say 'Have you ever been able to scry for yourself, or only others?'

Valindra says 'It is . . . less certain when it touches me.'

You nod.
You say 'I wonder how it works.'
Serra studies the crystal ball with a curious gaze.

Valindra says 'Would you like to see it?'
Valindra says 'You gave it to me, after all.'

You agree absolutely.

Valindra gives you a fragile crystal ball.

You examine a fragile crystal ball closely.
Object is type trash, material crystal.
Weight is 5, value is 1010, unit value is 200, level is 25.
This item originated from Sands of Sorrow.
Made to be held.

You say 'To me it is just a polished piece of crystal.'
You give a fragile crystal ball to Valindra.

Valindra nods at you in agreement.

Pauwyr utters the words, 'yawuruabra'.
Pauwyr attempts to summon a familiar.
A small striped kitten scampers into the room and twines around Pauwyr's leg.
Pauwyr massages a striped kitten's shoulders.

Pauwyr says 'Go play!'

Pauwyr utters the words, 'xafe ay candusqarr'.
A ray of light from above envelops a striped kitten.
A striped kitten disappears.

You let out a hearty laugh.

Valindra says 'I didn't get to pet it.'
Valindra pouts.

You say 'I am sure you will run into it again sooner or later.'

Pauwyr wakes up from a trance.

Valindra pokes Pauwyr with a stubby finger.

Pauwyr says 'My kitten got scratches from Bamor. I guess my kitten isnt a common criminal.'

You say 'Aww.'

Pauwyr snickers softly.

Ilromie snorts derisively.
Ilromie says 'That is because the Justices press not when kittens break the law.'

You let out a hearty laugh.

Pauwyr snickers softly.

You say 'They are too cute to prosecute.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, I have 1000 gold which says they would clean up after him rather than fine him for defecation.'

Heh.

>>>

Solmundi joins the group.

[ Elf ] <PK> Duke Kalest Windbreeze the Holy Knight
[51 Jotun HER] <PK> [JUSTICE] (BARRED) Solmundi Visindi the Darksworn
[ Undea ] <PK> Loukas Deathmantle the Stalker of the Living
[ Dwarf ] <PK> [JUSTICE] Bamor the Holy Knight
[ Duerg ] <PK> [JUSTICE] Regdar the Battlemaster
[ Human ] <PK> [WARLORD] Tearea the Red Lotus, Standard Bearer of Warlords
[ Fire ] <PK> Griremas the Tower of Strength
[ Gobln ] <PK> <HERALD> (Chronicler) Valindra Skitterwit the Sage of Arcane Power, Chronicler of Myth
[ Elf ] <PK> <SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Duchess Ilromie Illistarre the Sage of Arcane Power, Polymath of History
[ Human ] <PK> Zelarayan the Evil Incarnate
[50 Storm Hea] <PK> <SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra the Paradigm of Water, Doyenne of Physical
[ Quasi ] <PK> <MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr Rauwyr the Sage of Arcane Power, Annotator of Arcane
Players found: 12
[WARLORD] The clamour of War prevails.
There are 12 characters on; the most on this past month was 15.

You tell your group 'Good gracious.'

Solmundi tells the group 'Well. well. well.'

Valindra scootches closer to Ilromie.

Pauwyr scootches into the vacated space beside Valindra.

Pauwyr sits down and thinks deeply.

Solmundi has been removed from the group.
You stop following Pauwyr.
You now follow Pauwyr.

Ilromie agrees absolutely.

Pauwyr lets out a hearty laugh.

You let out a hearty laugh.

Pauwyr buries his face in his palm with a heavy sigh.

Valindra comforts Pauwyr with a sausage arm.

You say 'I would ask him for his story, but you're supposed to be writing it.'
You bat your long, dark lashes at Pauwyr.

<MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr: 'If we want to take over the lands, we could create an interesting battle against non Scholars.'

Pauwyr nods at you in agreement.

<SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Ilromie: 'In fact, I am always willing to raise arms against the Justices. It does no one any good to let them grow fat and strong in town.'

<SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra: 'I'd be flat in about a minute, judging by all of my previous duels.'

<HERALD> (Chronicler) Valindra: 'A powerful coven.'

<SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Phostan: 'Why raise arms when you can raise feet and toes.'

<MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr: 'Oh, I was talking about the uh.'
<MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr: 'There are no good options.'

You let out a hearty laugh.

<MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr: 'Only if head and shoulders are part of the feet and toes.'

<SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra: 'Err. That would be rather a squashed figure.'

<HERALD> (Chronicler) Valindra: 'Speak for yourself.'

<SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Ilromie: 'I shall speak more clearly then, I would bring all the force of my magic to bear.'

<MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr: 'Err I was just going to say..'

You let out a hearty laugh.

<SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra: 'Valindra your head is not stuck to your toes.'

<MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr: 'The bear in the cave by Elemental Canyon? That sounds like over kill.'

<SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Phostan: 'You're an idiot Pauwyr, and thats whats I appreciates abouts yous.'

<MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr: 'Hah, thanks?'

<HERALD> (Chronicler) Valindra: 'He is a powerful golem hewn from ancient magics who has shed the yoke of his masters. And he has a kitten.'

Pauwyr says 'Duchess, you are a Noble of Valour, correct?'

Ilromie says 'Yes.'
Ilromie peers intently at Pauwyr.
Ilromie says 'Quite obviously.'

Pauwyr says 'Are you also appointed by the Knights?'

Ilromie whispers something to Valindra.
Ilromie raises an eyebrow.
Ilromie says 'Ah. No.'
Ilromie says 'Such designation seems superfluous.'

Valindra whispers something to Ilromie.
Valindra reaches out to goose Pauwyr.

Pauwyr says 'In some respects, yes.'
Pauwyr winces in agony.
Pauwyr says 'Although, in others, no.'
Pauwyr says 'I have realized, during some recent research, that I must make a declaration to you.'

You say 'Uh oh.'

Pauwyr says 'I was appointed to Legion as their Mystic advisor, quite some time ago.'

Ilromie narrows her eyes slightly.
Ilromie says 'What have you told them?'

Pauwyr says 'It is somewhat like being an Earl, but also not.'

Valindra blinks as a toad might.

Pauwyr says 'About... inner Scholar information?'
Pauwyr says 'Nothing.'

[ Quasi ] <PK> <MYSTIC> (Annotator) Pauwyr Rauwyr the Sage of Arcane Power (M)

Pauwyr the Sage of Arcane Power, Annotator of Arcane is 33 years old.
He is a member of <MYSTIC>.
He is a political advisor to [LEGION].
He has unlocked many secrets of the world.

Dedicated to study areas:
Major: Arcane
Minor: Fundamental
Minor: Physical

Ilromie says 'More importantly...'
Ilromie says 'What have you to tell me?'
Ilromie grins evilly.

Pauwyr sits down and thinks deeply.
Pauwyr says 'I have spoken to Dogran after he ascended two times. I have spoken to the demon elf a single time and watched him get beaten to a pulp.'
Pauwyr says 'I cannot participate in ANY martial scenarios.'

Ilromie flips through her recent scrolls.

Pauwyr says 'That involve warfare.'

You say 'What is this demon elf like? Bamor said he was once a paladin...'

Pauwyr says 'Not knowing the precise limits, I removed myself from the area prior to the demon elf being beaten senseless by a Warlord.'

You say 'Oh.'

Pauwyr says 'And that there is the difference between being a city Noble and being appointed.'

Ilromie says 'I yet fail to see the difference.'

Pauwyr says 'If you were, prior to his death, with Rhoa and Dogran attacked Rhoa, you are clear to assist Rhoa and attack Dogran as long as it is not near the Cabal.'
Pauwyr says 'If I was with Dogran and Rhoa attacked Dogran, I cannot assist martially at all.'

HELP APPOINT
Appoint <target>

The leaders of each of the cabals of Serin can choose to appoint Heralds and
Mystics to their staff. This will include that player into the cabal's chat
and allow them to serve the cabal in non-martial ways.

HERALDS will be expected to run events and report back on the happenings of
the cabal itself. They are journalists dedicated to increasing the
publicity of their associated cabal in addition to their other Herald tasks.

MYSTICS are expected to act as advisors, helping to screen incoming
applicants and searching for non-violent solutions to conflicts. They
should also be enforcing the align/ethos/religion of the members.

The Abecedarian and High Heralds hold veto power over their members
appointments, but the assignments are chosen by the leaders of each cabal.
Mystic and Herald appointments are considered to be in addition to their
current commitments to their coterie.

You nod.

Pauwyr says 'That is my read on it, although I have not pondered the deeper meaning of the scroll. It is an initial understanding.'

You say 'It is missing mention of Scholars in it.'

Ilromie flips to the beginning of the Tome of Scholars.

Pauwyr says 'I think it may be a little dated.'

You nod in enthusiastic agreement with Pauwyr.

Ilromie says 'It is my opinion that you may defend yourself to the extent that is necessary.'
Ilromie says 'Until the battle moves to the sacred grounds.'
Ilromie says 'Though your position is more limited, given your oath to the City of Valour.'

Pauwyr says 'That is another story altogether, but that is a digression.'
Pauwyr says 'You are correct.'

Ilromie says 'Have we not time for a story?'
Ilromie glances at you and Valindra for confirmation.

Pauwyr says 'I was going to assist with a 'Join the Army' scroll, but someone else wrote it....'
Pauwyr peers around himself intently.

You let out a hearty laugh.

Pauwyr frowns.
Pauwyr says 'It is a very short story.'

Valindra nods encouragingly toward Pauwyr as her tiny, watery eyes flutter.

Pauwyr says 'I swore an oath at a very early age due to circumstances I cannot recall. That oath remained through my dedication to Scholars and Mystic and it will exist for all time unless I become Anathema.'
Pauwyr says 'I thought it would disappear when I swore stronger oaths to Scholars and perhaps Mystics, but it did not. It has never gotten in the way of anything, so I just let it be.'

Valindra says 'Ever the higher mysteries.'

You nod.

Pauwyr says 'I am not going to walk up to and hellstream someone from Valour. Well, I have no plans to anyways.'

Ilromie peers intently at Pauwyr.

Pauwyr rolls his eyes in annoyance.

You chuckle politely.

Pauwyr says 'Maybe there will be a day when a Knight sitting at the Valour nexus has something I really need.'

Ilromie frowns at what Pauwyr did.

Pauwyr says 'But that isn't the case right now and I dont foresee it given the current situation.'
Pauwyr says 'There are no Knights and there are no Legions.'
Pauwyr says 'A demon elf doesnt count.'
Pauwyr says 'What if I am starving to death, I have lost my spellbook and they have a tasty slab of bacon that will save my life?'

Valindra says 'The age of the Scholar is at hand!'

*Yay!* Go Valindra!!! Pauwyr cheers her on.

Valindra cackles maniacally.

Pauwyr says 'And I have only the strength for 19 hellstreams.'

Ilromie says 'Then you can count on the bank to send you the coin you need to buy bread.'

You say 'There is a shop just round the corner there...'

Valindra drifts off once more, nuzzling into Pauwyr's shoulder.

Pauwyr says 'The bait shop?'
Pauwyr says 'Sharky is a strange fellow.'

You say 'No, the butcher's.'

Pauwyr says 'Wait, they sell actual meat in Valour?'

You nod.

Pauwyr peers intently at Valindra.

Ilromie agrees absolutely.

You say 'And, truffles, or something.'

Pauwyr says 'You told me they only had fish guts.'

Ilromie says 'He has not access to the truffles.'

You say 'Oh they also have...'
You say 'Oh.'

Pauwyr grumbles and growls. You wonder what's wrong...
Pauwyr says 'I must disappear!'
Pauwyr gallantly tips his hat.
Pauwyr utters the words, 'xafe ay candusqarr'.
A ray of light from above envelops Pauwyr.
Pauwyr disappears.
<MYSTIC> Glorwinda the Psi-Ascetic: 'Farewell Pauwyr, may the winds guide you to a swift return.'

Ilromie peers around herself intently.

You let out a hearty laugh.
You say 'That was quick.'

Ilromie says 'I hope he does not seek the truffles.'

You say 'Why can't he access them?'

Ilromie says 'They are sold in the Palace.'

You say 'OH.'
You say 'I thought they were out in the market.'

A plate of truffles is carried by the palace cook
A plate of truffles is carried by Araf the butcher

You say 'The butcher has some.'

Ilromie says 'Oh, they are.'

You say 'Ha! My memory returns.'

Ilromie says 'I yet would prefer he didn't.'
Ilromie must like you a great deal to beam at you so broadly!

Valindra says 'By degrees.'
Valindra says 'I must take my leave as well.'
Valindra nudges a tiny wisp named Hibbadibbity.

Ilromie smiles at Valindra.
Ilromie says 'It was good to see you, my friend.'

Valindra says 'It emboldens me to see you both. We will conjure soon, I think.'

<HERALD> Odile the Crier: 'Farewell Valindra, may the winds guide you to a swift return.'

You say 'Conjure what, I wonder...'

Ilromie says 'What I saw was but smoke and darkness.'

You say 'I saw a figure, but could make out no features.'

Ilromie says 'I fear the image shall come to me again when I lay down my head.'

You comfort her.
You say 'If it does, scribe its description, that we may study it.'
Heh.

Ilromie nods.
Ilromie says 'Wise advice.'
Ilromie says 'Truly you are returning to yourself.'

You say 'I feel much stronger than I was when I awoke.'
You say 'Less ...fading. Less gaps.'

Ilromie says 'Did you finish the books?'

You say 'I have finished the books on Acadia, but not yet all of the Mystiques.'

Ilromie says 'Those are by far the more important.'

You say 'Valindra said she felt my old poem reflected the particles in Acadia. Controlled chaos... madness?'
Serra muses to herself.

Ilromie says 'It was written well before Acadia turned upon itself in that manner.'

You nod.
You say 'And yet... there are so many works we have found or written that seem to have curious prescient aspects.'
You say 'An echo in my mind, from someone who once told it to me, is that life is always cyclical.'

Ilromie says 'Do you remember whom the poem memorialized?'

You ponder the question.

Ilromie says 'She was a friend to us both, though you were closer than I.'

You say 'I remember a name... Ruby? She kept saying...'

Ilromie says 'Ruby was the dagger.'
Ilromie says 'In fact, I spied it upon another thief just recently.'

You say 'Ahh.'

Ilromie says 'Yngfre was our friend.'

Brrrrrrrrr.
You say 'Ah yes! Yngfre.'
You say 'Another of the lost.'

Ilromie nods.

You say 'Valindra kept offering me mourning garments.'

Ilromie flips through the Tome, then frowns.
Ilromie looks up at you.
Ilromie says 'Do you feel you need them?'

You say 'None of what I feel would be conveyed by wearing such things.'

Ilromie says 'Perhaps the loss of Lumubella is fresher for us than for you.'
Ilromie frowns.

You say 'When.... did she pass?'

Ilromie says 'But a few years ago.'

Brrrrrrrrr.
Serra says in a small voice 'Did she go peacefully?'

Ilromie says 'I know not.'
Ilromie says 'I know only that she mourned your loss greatly, though you were ...'

Serra shakes her head, then shakes it again more firmly.

Ilromie says 'I suspect it was peaceful.'

You say 'I cannot yet bear to think of her.'

Ilromie says 'Forgive me.'

You say 'When I went home, I saw her everywhere...'

Ilromie nods.

You say 'I moved all of the gifts she gave me into hidden spaces. Returned my room to the emptiness it once was.'
You say 'And only then, could I bear to write.'
You say 'And what came out was emptiness.'

Ilromie says 'Oh my friend, I doubt it was empty before.'

You let out a hearty laugh.

Ilromie says 'You made space for her.'

You say 'I do have a habit of clutter.'

Ilromie says 'I suffer the same.'
Ilromie shifts the weight of her two heavy bags.

You let out a hearty laugh.

Ilromie says 'I fear what I would yet carry, had I your strength.'

Serra says innocently 'THREE bags?'

Ilromie lets out a hearty laugh.
Ilromie agrees absolutely.
Ilromie says 'At least.'

You say 'But that... is what I meant with my poem, earlier.'
You say 'It is wrong of me to write only of the space she left behind. But I am not ready to write of her.'

Ilromie says 'There is yet time. Rush not your feelings.'

You nod.

Ilromie says 'Did you find catharsis in the composition?'

You say 'There is always a release when penning a final line, no matter the form.'

Ilromie agrees absolutely.

You say 'Do you think we should ask our colleagues to seek cabal appointments? There are so many of us.'

>>> And then, from "Solmundi and Serra meet again"...

Solmundi says 'Do you understand pain? Serra?'

Serra chuckles politely.
Serra says 'Are you asking if I have suffered?'

You say to Solmundi 'Threaten her not.'

Serra says 'I have. I am not afraid of it.'
You frown at what he did.

Solmundi says 'What about your loved ones? Have they been afraid of it?'

Serra says 'There are some who are, and some who are not.'

Solmundi repeats 'Are not.'
Solmundi says 'They are not with us anymore?'

Serra looks at Solmundi.
Serra's eyes tear up from the mist of onions.
Serra says 'Some... I have lost.'

You comfort her.

Solmundi says to you 'And what are you going to do about it? Throw wineglasses? Maybe fall flat on the floor and cry?'
Solmundi says 'Oh so they felt pain.'
Solmundi says 'Ever wonder what that pain felt like?'

Serra is surrounded by a white aura.
Serra says to you 'I am fine.'
Serra smiles at you.

You glare icily at him.

Serra says 'Show me.'
Serra gazes impassively at Solmundi.

Solmundi licks his mouth and smiles.
Solmundi says 'Well.'
Solmundi says 'I'm picturing someone you loved.'
Solmundi says 'And they walked around searching for you.'
Solmundi says 'With nothing but a parchment you sent them.'
Solmundi says 'Tear-stained I might add.'
Solmundi says 'Wondering why you abandoned them.'

You tell your group 'He lies. Lumubella knew where to find you.'

Serra's jaw clenches.

Solmundi says 'Wondering why they were such a fooooool.'

Serra stands up.

Solmundi says 'Wondering if they were a fool to begin with or if you made them a fool.'

Serra lets out a hearty laugh.
Serra says 'I am sorry. You almost had me there.'
Serra sits down and rests.

Solmundi says 'Love makes fools, Serra.'

Serra says 'I'm afraid, sir, you do not know the people of this land very well.'
Serra says 'We were fools, indeed, but we were cognizant of it.'
Serra says 'Not wondering.'

Solmundi says 'Well.'
Solmundi says 'Want to know where she is now?'

Serra raises an eyebrow.
Serra says 'Don't tell me you have some earrings or a spine in your pocket.'
Serra says 'Gift of your lord of Blood.'

You say 'He'd best not.'

Solmundi says 'No, I have better.'
Solmundi says 'Hmmm.'
Solmundi sighs.
Solmundi says 'I've felt what you've felt.'

Serra says 'Cannot find her?'

Solmundi says 'I've felt what she felt.'
Solmundi says 'Why did you abandon her?'

Serra says 'You have not answered my question yet.'

Solmundi says 'Fine. Quid pro quo.'
Solmundi says 'Yes I've found her.'
Solmundi says 'But go find yourself a medium.'

Serra says 'Valindra will attend me.'

Solmundi says 'I answered your question.'

Serra says 'I did not abandon her. I told her where I was going, and why.'
Serra says 'I told her well before I made my trip to the ice.'
Serra says 'I told Ilromie, too...'

You nod.

Solmundi says 'And how did she repond to that?'

Serra says 'We spent our time together the best we could. And then we said goodbye.'

Ilromie looks down at the bar, remembering.

Serra says 'I did not expect to awaken.'
Serra says 'Something...brought me back.'
Serra frowns.

Ilromie says quietly 'I thought it would be the last I would see you.'

Solmundi says to you 'Felt pain by her vanishing?'

You snort derisively at Solmundi.
You say 'She did not vanish.'
You say 'But there is nothing in life that can fill the space Serra does.'

Serra shakes her head.
Serra says 'That is not true. But you are kind for saying it.'

Solmundi says 'Her love thought she vanished for good.'

Serra says 'That is my burden to carry.'

Solmundi chuckles politely.
Solmundi says 'I can tell you that she carries that burden as well.'
Solmundi says 'Maybe that will make you feel better.'

Serra says 'You speak with her still?'

Solmundi says 'Do you think she is worth speaking too?'

Serra says 'Of course.'
Serra chuckles politely.

Solmundi says 'Do you think you can still talk with her?'

Serra says 'I do not know.'
Serra says 'If it is possible, this is the first I have heard of it.'
Serra says 'Do you know of a way?'
Serra peers intently at Davairus.

Davairus says 'Well this seems the most quiet bar ever.'

Solmundi says 'Do you want to know of a way?'

Serra says 'Don't tell me I need to sacrifice blood to know...'

You say 'We have asked two questions, both unanswered.'
You peer around yourself intently.

Solmundi says 'Blood is a pretty direct path.'
Solmundi says 'You shouldn't be so afraid to use it.'

Serra says 'I will not forsake my Lord for you.'

Solmundi says 'Blood is everywhere.'
Solmundi says 'As the blood god himself knows.'
Solmundi nods at Davairus.
Solmundi says 'Funny.'
Solmundi says 'You'll forsake your lover, but not your god.'

Serra chuckles politely.

Serra says 'You are good at twisting words to seek emotions, sir.'

Solmundi glares around icily.
Solmundi says 'You are good at abandoning those you love to die.'
Solmundi says 'Is the point I was trying to make.'

You say to Solmundi 'Enough!'

Serra says 'Our connection will not be poisoned by you.'

Solmundi says 'Because there is no connection. She is dead.'

You say 'I never thought such words, but I prefer to here what the true Lord of Blood has to say.'

Solmundi says 'You'll never see her again.'

Serra says 'I know this.'
Serra says 'And you reveal your lie.'

Solmundi says 'What lie?'

Davairus says 'I have no idea what any of you are talking about.'

Serra says 'You cannot speak to her at all.'
Serra laughs, a bit wildly...

<SCHOLAR> Serra: A question
Tue Sep 7 03:25:56 2021
To: Valindra
Dear Valindra,

I have been told there is a way to speak with the deceased. I am almost
certain the one who told it to me was lying, however, I cannot help but
wonder... Is there one, and how heavy is its cost?

In curiosity,
Serra

[ 16]: <HERALD> Valindra: Communing with the Dead
Tue Sep 7 15:22:23 2021
To: Serra
My most esteemed Doyenne,

As is often the case with dark magic, the price is different for everyone
(and perhaps steeper than we would like).

I have consulted the bones, the flames, the cards, but none yet possess the
answers you seek.

But--I have felt a divinatory kindling when you, Ilromie, and I conjure
together. Three Fates. Weird Sisters. Three Furies. Is this coincidence
or something more?

Shall we sit in seance? Gather for me three belongings from that whom you
seek to speak and a glass suitable for scrying. We shall know more then.

Yours especially,
Valindra


[ 19]: <SCHOLAR> Serra: Explorative magic
Wed Sep 8 22:09:38 2021
To: Valindra
Fortune-teller of Myth,

I still do not know how long it has been since the one I seek has left the
lands. All I can gather are those things which conjure within me strong
memories. Is it enough that once, an iteration of it knew her touch? This
type of magic is unknown to me. I will learn from your lead.

I did feel an unexpected power flowing among the three of us the last we
communed together. It is most humbling to be in the company of such great
practitioners of the arcane.

Warmly,
Serra

>>> Another day...

A Secret Garden
| A small, lush paradise of vegetation surrounds you suddenly
| as you exit the back door of the lodge. Your eyes are first
| drawn to a blue marble sculpture of a lyre, standing as tall
| as the doorframe, which seems to glow softly in the light.
@ | The sculpture is surrounded on all sides by strange, unfamiliar
| | plants with leaves formed like whorls and swirls that unfurl
*-* | in fractal patterns up towards the sky. Scattered among the
| | plants are several brightly colored mushrooms of a variety
o-o | never before seen in Serin. Small, strange, winged creatures
---------+ flit here and there, flickering into and out of existence
as if dipping into and out of a bowl of water - only the water is this earthly
plane. Toward the northeast corner of the garden, behind the privacy of a wall
of ferns, is a small pool bordered with a neat row of translucent agate stones.
The entire garden is walled in by a row of protective hedges which tremble as
if sentient as you approach. The sky opens up in an endless expanse above, stretching
far north across the windswept meadows. The gleaming walls, buildings and monuments
of the city of Valour can be seen to the northeast and beyond it, a haze of
curious white mist.

[Exits: south]
A blue marble sculpture of a lyre centers the garden.
A huge, iridescent purple mushroom looks almost like a bench.
A large flower pot is here.
A metal chest sits here.
(Charmed) (Translucent) A vigorous, spotted dalmatian is here, striding by its master.
(Translucent) (OUTCAST) Kali the Rebuked Chimera is here.
(Charmed) A large spotted owl is perched here.
(Translucent) Ilromie the Sage of Arcane Power, Polymath of History is here.

[ Elf ] <PK> (OUTCAST) Kali Windbreeze the Rebuked Chimera
[50 Storm Hea] <PK> <SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra the Holy Matriarch of Healing, Doyenne of Physical
[ H-Elf ] <PK> Leitha Dondeleon the Holy Lady, Squire of Ceridwel
[ Elf ] <PK> <SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Duchess Ilromie Illistarre the Sage of Arcane Power, Polymath of History
[ Drow ] Renzo Montalbano the Master of Mysticism
[ Beast ] Milothgar Viarasch the Learned of the Drawn Bow
[ Human ] Maeve the Evil Fighter
[ Gnome ] <PK> <MYSTIC> (Doyen) Wylsin Plindane the Sage of Arcane Power, Doyen of Arcane
[ Trean ] <PK> Gruezi the Hierophant of the Path
[ Human ] <PK> Zelarayan the Unholy Knight
Players found: 10
[WARLORD] The clamour of War prevails.
There are 10 characters on; the most on this past month was 17.


Ilromie says 'In fact, I would highly value your insight.'

You bat your eyelashes.
You say 'What question do you have?'

Ilromie says 'In fact, I planned a long discussion with Kali regarding a recent interrogation with Davairus I had.'

You mull over the idea at hand, asking for patience.
You say 'You spoke with the Lord of Blood?'

Ilromie says 'In fact, we spoke at great length after you left us.'

Kali frowns slightly.

You say 'Hmm.'
You say 'What did you learn?'

Ilromie says 'That he has misrepresented his complaints of Kali's actions, as befits such an evil creature.'
Ilromie says 'For why should he provide him the tools to truly redeem himself?'

Kali nods.
Kali says 'He has made it clear time and again that the only path to redemption is directly through him.'

Ilromie says to you 'Are you familiar with the sins as Davairus named them?'
Ilromie looks at Kali.

You say 'I have only heard what Kali told me.'

Ilromie flips through her Tome.
Ilromie says to Kali 'Have you a copy of his note?'
Ilromie says 'I cannot seem to find it.'

Kali nods at Ilromie.
Kali says 'He accused me of a few particular sins.'
Kali says 'He claimed that I "believed I could do anything without penalty".'
Kali says 'He claimed that I had "betrayed my friends".'
Kali says 'And he had claimed that I had "sought vengeance with the intent to terrorize and spread fear"'
Kali says 'That third claim I am paraphrasing from memory.'

Ilromie stops on a page in the tome.
Ilromie says 'Here it is.'
Ilromie reads 'Arrogance - He believed he could do anything he wanted and get away without penalty.'
Ilromie reads 'Betrayal - Time and again he disregarded the impact upon his companions to pursue folly, who.'
Ilromie reads 'Vengeance - He has done harm to those who walk the path of Light with intent to cause terror and.'

You say 'Was there... more there?'
You peer intently at Ilromie.

Ilromie says 'These were the sins he named.'

<HERALD> Odile the Crier: 'The winds welcome your return, Villidan the Master Bard, Lore Keeper of Literature.'

<HERALD> (Lore Keeper) Villidan: 'AH, I finally caught you.'

<SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Ilromie: 'Welcome, my friend.'

<SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra: 'Master Bard, I greet you.'

<MYSTIC> (Doyen) Wylsin: 'Salutations Villidan.'

Ilromie says 'Oh.'
Ilromie coughs loudly.

<HERALD> (Lore Keeper) Villidan: 'Serra, I have something. Whether it will help or not, I do not know. But it was what my most divine of mothers gifted me to aid you.'

Ilromie says 'Terror and torment, that was.'

<HERALD> (Lore Keeper) Villidan: 'And hello Wylsin, been some time. Ilromie.'

Ilromie says 'We can put this discussion aside for something that would aid you, Serra.'

<SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra: 'Indeed? I am meeting with Ilromie and Kali in my garden.'

You ponder the question.

Ilromie says 'Davarius himself knows this matter has held for long enough.'

<HERALD> (Lore Keeper) Villidan: 'I'll be there as swiftly as the feathers glide on the wind.'
<HERALD> (Lore Keeper) Villidan: 'Harp in hand.'
<HERALD> (Lore Keeper) Villidan: 'And something in bag.'

<SCHOLAR> (Polymath) Ilromie: 'Wylsin, would you like to join us as well?'

You say 'I believe there is more to discuss, only I await a conversation with my Lord in relation to it. So I would be keen to discuss further at a later time.'

Ilromie agrees absolutely.

<MYSTIC> (Doyen) Wylsin: 'Oh, how kind of you. I would be glad to, if Serra would be agreeable to my entering her garden.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, I have missed your wisdom in this matter greatly.'

<SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra: 'Have you never been to visit it?'

Kali nods in enthusiastic agreement with Ilromie.

<SCHOLAR> (Doyenne) Serra: 'You are of course welcome!'

<MYSTIC> (Doyen) Wylsin: 'Perhaps once before, long ago.'

<HERALD> (Lore Keeper) Villidan: 'I've knocked on the door...'

<MYSTIC> (Doyen) Wylsin: 'Thank you, that is quite kind.'

*Click*
You open the door south of you.
You say 'Do come in.'
You smile happily.

Villidan greets you warmly.
Villidan flies north.

A Secret Garden
| A small, lush paradise of vegetation surrounds you suddenly
| as you exit the back door of the lodge. Your eyes are first
| drawn to a blue marble sculpture of a lyre, standing as tall
| as the doorframe, which seems to glow softly in the light.
@ | The sculpture is surrounded on all sides by strange, unfamiliar
| | plants with leaves formed like whorls and swirls that unfurl
*-* | in fractal patterns up towards the sky. Scattered among the
| | plants are several brightly colored mushrooms of a variety
o-o | never before seen in Serin. Small, strange, winged creatures
---------+ flit here and there, flickering into and out of existence
as if dipping into and out of a bowl of water - only the water is this earthly
plane. Toward the northeast corner of the garden, behind the privacy of a wall
of ferns, is a small pool bordered with a neat row of translucent agate stones.
The entire garden is walled in by a row of protective hedges which tremble as
if sentient as you approach. The sky opens up in an endless expanse above, stretching
far north across the windswept meadows. The gleaming walls, buildings and monuments
of the city of Valour can be seen to the northeast and beyond it, a haze of
curious white mist.

[Exits: south]
A magical spring flows from the ground here.
A blue marble sculpture of a lyre centers the garden.
A huge, iridescent purple mushroom looks almost like a bench.
A large flower pot is here.
A metal chest sits here.
Villidan the Master Bard, Lore Keeper of Literature is here.
(Charmed) A vigorous, spotted dalmatian is here, striding by its master.
(OUTCAST) Kali the Rebuked Chimera is here.
(Charmed) A large spotted owl is perched here.
Ilromie the Sage of Arcane Power, Polymath of History is here.

Villidan searches in his pockets for something.
Villidan says 'Where is it.'
Villidan says 'Rildan gave it to me, special from Mama...'
Villidan mutters something quietly to himself.
Villidan says 'OH.'

Kali nods at Villidan.

You bat your eyelashes.

Villidan gives you a memory muffin.
Villidan says 'There ya go.'

You bat your eyelashes.

Villidan says 'Hope it helps.'

This muffin looks plain, but the scent rising up reminds you of...
Something. You can't quite put your finger on it...
It is a food made of nostalgia and weighs 1 lbs.

Kali shows his approval by clapping his hands together.

You say 'What...is this?'

Villidan says 'Mama is amazing at making muffins.'

You sniff a memory muffin curiously.

Villidan says 'She made it special for me to help you.'

You say 'Shall I wait for Wylsin to inspect it together?'

Wylsin walks in.
Wylsin smiles happily.

Villidan says 'Vevier, Collector of Secrets, likes to be affectionately known as Mama.'

You say 'Ah, indeed.'

Object 'muffin memory plain' is type food, material nostalgia.
Extra flags: magic.
Made to be held.
Weight is 1 lb, value is 1000, level is 0.

Wylsin sits down and rests on a mushroom bench.

Villidan says 'She made that special, with her own blessed divine hands, and had Rildan hold onto it for me.'

Kali nods at Wylsin.

Villidan says 'I really do hope it helps.'

You ponder the question.
You eat a memory muffin.
You are no longer hungry.

Ilromie says 'A muffin...?'

Serra's eyes go blank for a moment.

Ilromie frowns.

Kali watches you intently.

Villidan says 'The gods work in mysterious ways Ilromie. Never thought you to be such a skeptic.'

Wylsin says to Ilromie 'Yes, you would have made it in flan, we know.'

Serra stares off into the sky beyond the trees.

Ilromie says to Villidan 'In fact, it is the opposite.'

Villidan sits down and rests.

Wylsin stands up.

You say 'A most... mysterious magic, that is...'

Ilromie says to Villidan 'Serra recorded a message she received in a muffin, as a clue to another great mystery we had not time to explore together.'

Villidan begins to strum the tune to 'Remembrance'

Ilromie says 'Excuse me a moment. I'll fetch it.'

Wylsin swings his legs back and forth in the air.

You say 'We once... Ilromie and I were once exploring something...'
You ponder the question.
You say 'I had forgotten all about it.'
You say 'And it had to do with muffins...'

Ilromie hands over the parchment with a slight frown.
Ilromie gives you parchment.

***
[The parchment is copied with a shaky hand. It reads:]

It would be dreadful to hear too much, dearie...
It is a parchment made of paper and weighs 1 lbs.
***

Brrrrrrrrr.

Ilromie says 'It is...not a promising clue.'

You say 'This is it.'
You say 'I had found it in a burnt muffin.'

You give parchment to Villidan.

Villidan looks at parchment.

You say 'Do you know who might have written such a thing?'

Villidan says 'That.'
Villidan says 'Seems like Mama.'

Wylsin raises an eyebrow.

Brrrrrrrrr.
You say 'Does she have a habit of baking muffins with meat inside?'

Wylsin says to Ilromie 'May I read it?'

Villidan says 'She.'
Villidan says 'For as much as a caregiver, has a soft heart.'
Villidan says 'And doesn't want to cause undue pain. Physical, mental and especially emotional.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, her muffins are touted as especially being free of such ingredients.'

Villidan gives you parchment.
You give parchment to Wylsin.
Wylsin looks at parchment.

Villidan says 'Mostly due to Vanisse having something about gnome cookies or what not.'

You wince in agony.

Wylsin turns the parchment over.
Wylsin says 'Is that all?'
Wylsin raises an eyebrow.

Villidan says 'Oh, Ilromie, Wylsin, Serrra.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, I have often wondered how they worked together so seamlessly.'
Ilromie nods at Villidan.

Villidan says 'I have a favor to ask.'

Kali says to Wylsin 'May I see?'

You say 'It fell out of a muffin along with an ear.'

Wylsin gives parchment to Ilromie.

Villidan says 'An old High Herald, from before the time of the Consortium had a wonderful nickname for Vanisse.'

Ilromie gives parchment to Kali.

Villidan says 'Mostly due to Vevier being called Mama.'
Villidan snickers softly.

Kali taps his chin in thought.
Kali gives parchment to Ilromie.

Villidan says 'Be a dear and call her it when you see her next. You as well Kali.'

Wylsin raises an eyebrow.

Ilromie tells you 'Do you want this copy?'

Villidan says 'The nickname in question is Granny Vanny.'

You tell Ilromie 'Perhaps it is best you hold onto it.'

Serra suppresses a chortle.

Wylsin smirks.

Ilromie lets out a hearty laugh.

Kali blinks innocently.

Ilromie tells you 'I shall.'

Wylsin says 'I believe I will be disinclined to fulfill that particular request.'
Wylsin chuckles politely.

Kali says 'I am not certain I am on familiar enough terms with her to call her....Granny Vanny...'

Villidan peers intently at Wylsin.

You say 'I have never met the Goddess of Luck myself.'

Villidan says 'Afraid she will make you into a cookie?'
Villidan says 'I doubt that.'
Villidan says 'Not recently, but I imagine you have.'

You ponder the question.

Villidan says 'Wasn't the former Archon her, Adherent or something?'

You say 'Perhaps you are correct. I knew her adept well. Perhaps she was there watching over us.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, both were.'

Villidan says 'Ah, adept.'
Villidan looks at Kali.

You say 'Both her adepts...'

Villidan says 'Alkas, yes?'

You nod.

Villidan says 'Oh, something neat I found out.'

Ilromie says 'Sir Alkas was her adept of spirit, and Lumubella of luck, I believe.'

Villidan says 'Serra, could you summon in a rabbit or chicken?'

You say 'I cannot summon in here.'

Villidan frowns.

You say 'Perhaps outside.'

Villidan laments theatrically.
Villidan says 'Woe is me.'
Villidan snickers softly.

You say 'What did you want to do to the poor things?'

Villidan says 'Show you the power of music.'

You bat your eyelashes.
You now follow Villidan.

Villidan grins a little too excitedly

>>> Outside...

A small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out arrives suddenly.

You bat your eyelashes.

Villidan says 'Oh.'

Wylsin walks in.

Villidan looks at a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out.

Yuck, try to cover your mouth next time!

A small bunny with a muffin-top for a head is here, but sadly someone has taken a bite out of the muffin!

You say 'Erm.'

Wylsin looks at a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out.

Villidan says 'Meat muffin.'

This bunny looks so adorable, you wished you had one just like this!
A small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out is in excellent condition.

Villidan says 'Mama would be displeased.'

Ilromie blinks innocently.
Ilromie looks at a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out.

Villidan's rays DISMEMBER a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out!
A small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out is DEAD!!
A small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out's ear is ripped off of his head.
Villidan sacrifices the corpse of a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out to Vevier.

You wince in agony.

Villidan says 'Ta dah.'

You say 'That wasn't music.'

Kali blinks innocently.

Villidan says 'Yes it was, my harp creates magical musical rays.'

You boggle at the concept.

Ilromie says 'In fact, this erodes the credence to the claim she makes the muffins naturally.'

Villidan says 'I'm not using any weapons.'

You say 'She...grows...muffins?'

Villidan says 'Who said Mama made this?'

Ilromie looks at Villidan.

Long flowing locks of platinum blonde, almost silver, hair flow freely in
the breeze. Wings larger than his being is tall are sprouted from his back,
the feathers are the color of purest snow. A simple band keeps the hair out
of his fair face, framing it as strands fall both in front and behind his
shoulders. Keen amber eyes peer with a sharp gaze, matched by his sharp,
hooked nose. His lips are pulled into a slight frown, as if to give a look
of distaste.
He has travelled quite a lot.
Villidan is in excellent condition.

Villidan is using:
<pile o' birdy things>
<wielded two-handed> (Humming) a viridian lyre strung with gold
<floating nearby> (Magical) a mystical blueberry

A small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out arrives suddenly.

Villidan says 'This, distorted thing was clearly the creation of something more foul.'

This bunny looks so adorable, you wished you had one just like this!
A small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out is in excellent condition.

Wylsin looks at Villidan.

Villidan says 'Like Denadlyr.'
Villidan says 'Curious bugger.'
Villidan says 'Always tinkering.'
Villidan says 'ALWAYS!'

Wylsin raises an eyebrow.

Villidan eats a handful of nuts. <-- You are what you eat!

You say 'I did not meet that god, either.'

Wylsin bows his head in worship of Denadlyr.

You say 'But the biggest mystery is... who bit the bunny?'
You peer intently at a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out.

Villidan says 'A surprised and nonplussed wolf I imagine. Or a fox.'
Villidan says 'Probably a fox.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, the scrolls indicate she was once a paragon of Denadlyr before Zafrin.'
Ilromie says 'Perhaps this was some sort of vengeance?'

You say 'Oh?'

Villidan says 'This affront to bakery was probably the reason why.'

You let out a hearty laugh.

Ilromie ponders a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out carefully.

Wylsin looks at a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out.

Villidan looks at Wylsin.
Villidan looks at you.
Villidan looks at Ilromie.
Villidan looks at Kali.

Ilromie looks at a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out.
Ilromie says 'I confess, it smells delicious.'
Ilromie sniffs sadly at the way a small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out is treating her.

You say 'I wonder if that is where the ear came from...'

Ilromie sits down and thinks deeply.

Kali says to you 'Did consuming the memory muffin help at all?'

You nod.

Kali must like you a great deal to beam at you so broadly!

You say 'I was just recalling the last mystery Ilromie and I were studying before I departed.'
You say 'At the time I had been finding burned markings and runes.'
You say 'I followed them all over Serin. At one point I spotted something that seemed to be traveling in from another plane.'
You say 'And the last clue led me to Timaran, with the muffin and that parchment in it.'
You say 'But the trail has been cold for some time now. I do not know if I will find out more.'
You say 'Unless any of you have seen anything?'

Wylsin says 'Without having been party to the original investigation, I am not certain I would know what I would be looking for.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, I have rarely seen her. I know only that she is no longer one of our formal patrons.'

Kali says 'Very interesting Serra.'

You say to Ilromie 'Do you think it is Lady Vevier?'

Ilromie sits down and thinks deeply.
Ilromie says 'If not, then it is certainly someone trying to make it seem as if it is...'

You nod.

A small, muffin-headed bunny with a bite taken out hops west.

Villidan says 'I would agree to Ilromie. She is quite keen to using the affectionate term 'dearie''

You say 'That note was more threatening than affectionate.'
You say to Villidan 'Have you ever sensed a darker side to her?'

Ilromie says to you 'Where did you get the muffin?'

Villidan says 'While the note may be such, it is more of a term of endearment.'

You say 'I purchased it in Timaran.'

Villidan says 'From a man named Rildan?'

You nod.
You say 'He told me it was the daily special.'

Villidan says 'Rildan runs Mama's bakery.'
Villidan says 'You can even work to make muffins yourself there.'
Villidan says 'Might be nice to just, let the mind wonder and mix, mix, mix...'

You let out a hearty laugh.
You say 'I have quite enough mixing with my pancake batter. But thank you.'

Ilromie says 'Yet...the rings...'
Ilromie looks pensive.

You say 'Rings?'

Ilromie says to you 'Did you not follow rings to the shop?'
Ilromie cracks open her Tome and starts flipping through.

You say 'Ah yes, the burnt markings.'

Ilromie skims through, then taps a certain line with her finger
Ilromie reads '"This is just a test, dearie."'
Ilromie frowns.

You peer around yourself intently.

Ilromie says 'A raspy voice echoing...'
Ilromie glances around the area.
Ilromie says 'About here, it seems.'

You say 'It was in the meadow behind my house...'

Ilromie nods.

Villidan taps his chin.

Ilromie says 'The other side of the house, then.'

You nod.

Kali says 'You need to listen for something there?'

You say 'The grasses have grown back since, I think.'

Ilromie skims the article open in front of her again.
Ilromie sits down and thinks deeply.
Ilromie says 'The first sign you saw came quickly after your interview with Dogran.'
Ilromie says 'Could he be related?'

You say 'I feel as though he is rather more heavy handed than subtle.'
You say 'After all, you did read his response to "what is evil" earlier.'

Ilromie grimaces painfully at the thought.
Ilromie agrees absolutely.

Kali agrees absolutely.

Ilromie says 'You are correct, such deception fits better with the master of deflection, Vhrael.'

You nod.
You say 'Has he been seen since?'

Ilromie sits down and thinks deeply.
Ilromie says 'I recall not his vile presence.'

You say 'The last I remember... which may not be the last memory in truth... is the poem he submitted about the world we know crumbling.'
You say 'And his glee at the reading of it.'
You sigh.

Ilromie says 'He showed not his face for the recitation.'
Ilromie frowns.

You say 'How portentous it was.'

Wylsin says 'I have a vague memory of a brief appearance of his in Serin relatively recently. Though I don't believe he interacted with anyone.'

Ilromie says 'In fact, I bear but small hope it was not my recitation that made it so prophetic.'

You say 'Hmm.'
You say 'Perhaps he is up to something in secret.'

Wylsin says 'It is a distinct possibility.'

Ilromie scans all around.

You say 'I would like to ask the Headmaster's permission to change my major field of study to Religions.'
You say 'The Physical world is well covered by the joint efforts of you both, Wylsin and Ilromie, as well as Pauwyr.'
Ilromie says 'In fact, the physical is not one of my pillars.'

You say 'Oh.'
You say 'That's right, arcane.'
Yuck, try to cover your mouth next time!

Ilromie says 'It was, in my youth, my friend.'

You say 'Ocelia was once also a fervent student of lores.'
You nod.

Ilromie says 'I have seen her not at all lately.'

You say 'I have not seen her since I awoke.'
You sigh.

Ilromie says 'I know not if our paths have crossed since before you went into the ice.'

You say 'The last time I spoke with her, she was clamoring to change her dedications away from Religion.'
You let out a hearty laugh.
You say 'And here I am, clamoring to exchange.'

Ilromie chuckles politely.
Ilromie says 'I confess, I miss her bright presence.'

You nod.
You say 'I hope she is safely traveling in Acadia.'
You ponder the question.

Ilromie says 'Think you such a thing likely?'

You say 'Valindra said she would also be visiting Acadia and must be there now.'
You say 'She might come back with some news.'

Ilromie nods.
Ilromie says 'She noted she could not attend the reading, so it is little surprise she is not here now.'

You nod.

You say to Ilromie 'After our discussion with Solmundi... I asked Valindra if she knew a way to speak with our lost ones.'

Ilromie says 'Does she?'

You say 'She told me that if we joined our powers, and I brought her three items once owned by the lost, it might be possible.'
You mull over the idea at hand, asking for patience.

Ilromie frowns.
Ilromie turns her gaze distant for a moment.

Kali sits down and thinks deeply.

Villidan says 'Who might you be trying to contact?'

Kali says 'Who do you wish to speak to?'

You say 'I have been hunting through my dusty memories.'
You sigh.
You say 'Well.'
You say 'As my last act as one tied to the Physical, I should like to bid my love farewell, and ask her forgiveness.'

Ilromie says 'When I peered into her crystal ball, I saw darkness rising from our combined effort.'

You say 'Darkness...indeed.'

>>> The party continues to banter for some time.

You say 'My thoughts at this point have been addled. I fear I must take my rest.'

Wylsin says to you 'Please take some rest if you feel it is needed. I hope to see you again in short order.'

You smile at him.
You say 'Good night, everyone.'

Ilromie tells you 'I am sorry to have brought up such dark thoughts earlier.'
Ilromie tells you 'Though I confess, I am excited to see what this mystery reveals.'
You tell Ilromie 'Darkness and light are entwined. Without one the other's significance would wane.'
Ilromie tells you 'Ah my friend. Your wisdom is a salve for my soul.'

<SCHOLAR> Xerties the Sage: 'Farewell Serra, may the winds guide you to a swift return.'

Comments

    Post a New Comment