Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 8 hours.

Dispelled by a thief??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace High

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Dispelled by a thief??

Okay, now exactly how could I get dispelled by a thief, unless it's a Legion thing that I don't know about. Just wondering because I fought Nourrin twice tonight, and both times I was dispelled almost right away. If it's some Legion thing so be it, but I've never seen anything like this before and I was just wondering.

0 0 0
Bones V2.0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject:

Was it a scroll? There's a bunch of odd spells available (like acid blast) etc.

0 0 0
Bigbeans

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject:

I am just a sneaky cheap bastard like that.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Not to insult your intelligence Ace High, but did it just so happen that the duration of your scroll or potion wore at the time the fight began? In the past I have resorted to tick counting in order to gain the upper hand in fights. Examples, protective shield last 9 hours at 50, flight scrolls last 8 hours, the potions last 25, if your opponent is skilled enough it may become necessary to draw them into a fight when the the duration of the particular spell is about to end. These tactics are especially useful to the classes with hiding or camo abilities since it is within Nourrin's ability to remain unseen to you, watch you recite the scroll or quaff the potion, and then begin counting the ticks, on the 7th or 24th hour wait until the tick is about half over and begin the fight waiting for the spell to fall. If this is not the case then I just handed out a more advanced tactic. Enjoy.

0 0 0
GodOfWar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Thieves, ninjas, and especially druids are supposed to be skilled in the art of throwing "potions" at their victims.
There are many different types of potions out there, all with different kinds of effects that if potent enough, will work on another charachter based on level, or just plain luck.
Druids are especially skilled at this seeing as how they are skilled in making quite potent potions.
Scrolls work too. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject:

TheOneAndOnly wrote:
Not to insult your intelligence Ace High, but did it just so happen that the duration of your scroll or potion wore at the time the fight began? In the past I have resorted to tick counting in order to gain the upper hand in fights. Examples, protective shield last 9 hours at 50, flight scrolls last 8 hours, the potions last 25, if your opponent is skilled enough it may become necessary to draw them into a fight when the the duration of the particular spell is about to end. These tactics are especially useful to the classes with hiding or camo abilities since it is within Nourrin's ability to remain unseen to you, watch you recite the scroll or quaff the potion, and then begin counting the ticks, on the 7th or 24th hour wait until the tick is about half over and begin the fight waiting for the spell to fall. If this is not the case then I just handed out a more advanced tactic. Enjoy.

Well, I had just put sanc up an hour before, and as a lvl 50 shaman, it lasts 8 hours I believe, so it didn't fall naturally if that's what you're suggesting.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Just a thought:

Were you perhaps blinded/dirt-kicked, and perhaps someone ELSE (besides Nourrin) came in and dispelled you? Maybe it happened so fast that you didn't realize it, but someone else could've come through, dispelled you, then fled.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I would review the log carefully if I were you. Often you can answer these questions without outside help if you've taken the time to log your fights.

0 0 0
Bigbeans

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject:

I didn't dispel you, didn't throw a potion or anything. I have the log if you want to see it, I aimed at you both times instead of the other guy because you didn't have flight or sanctuary up I didn't know why but I sure used it to my advantage. The real question in that fight was why was a goodie and an evil working together to pk me? Fogged by a shaman, attacked his guildhall he comes out attacks Sith runs in and helps him and then they proceed to speak through yells and talking directly (Didn't know I heard them conversing their plan because I was hidden) but you deleted in the end so I think you realized it.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject:

heres a note : don't play AR while taking lsd or any other highly illegal drug. Otherwise we'll see more threads like this pop up Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Asyndic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Hah, Codified.... Laughing

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: