Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Solo ranking / group training relief wish thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject:

I like the shop tasks as they are but some exp might be neat for soloing.
Its often lowbie gear thats easy to get, but if its level-appropriate, that shouldnt really be a problem. It is fun for sure.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Think of it as a percentage gain. 5%tnl xp per task. Thats 20 tasks for a level. A good educational tool for newbies(I.E. learning areas and gear) but also something to take the sting out of that 35-50 grind. Also you now have gold for gambling items.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

i looked over this tonight, we also discussed in discord. there's not a LOT of activity in discord so I don't think I got a whole load of useful feedback, but what I got was probably on point for what matters most regardless.

We discussed it was not impossible to get EVILS to 40 but then its suddenly MUCH harder to get to 42. that level 42 is then where you can get groups and the difficulty does not really matter anymore since you can get carried anyway then. We saw options for good aligns are very wide with absolutely lots of vuln mobs so I'm not to worried about that. But for evils its noticeable things are typically higher hitroll and damage with no vuln, and the sentiment is more that these mobs tend to be literally too hard rather than being time-consuming. In particular it seems that stuff in mudfall dodges a lot due to high levels. There are alternatives to medics so I'm not feeling too much sympathy about that one, and I don't think we would make any changes to mudfall.

I looked for the OTHER things evils rank on and can see that the big three is solace, demea, tainted valley. with there being various reasons why those all fall flat.

Out of those three, I found that tainted valley archers and squires seemed like the most appealing option in the bunch, but they are also the most difficult. So I tweaked those. -- I made them all the same level (42) and updated the squire to a dwarf.

Solumndi never returned to actually elaborate on his issue so I have no idea if we solved the problem he wanted to express, but from knowing I've solo levelled druid, psionicist, on the rangers in emerald, I don't think there would be a problem solo levelling in tainted valley as long as the player remembers to stealth past the master scout. Also we can generate more suggestions and ideas as we feel necessary, but for me personally I feel like that change would be easily enough to address solo levelling. frankly if you are stomping rangers you should just hit tainted valley after this update tonight.

0 0 0
Zooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I'd participate on discord but I can't get on Wink

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Make shopkeepers in solace a little less buff. Thats a good stopgap but only really soloable for monks.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:56 pm    Post subject:

I don't think itis necessary at all to nerf solace. The reason thats all dodging and hasted stuff is because they drop much higher gold. It is a perfectly acceptable levelling difficulty for that reason. If you really need the meh exp/gold (e.g. because you solo) you should just go to tainted valley and smack around the much lower difficulty (they have vulns) but same level mobs there. That seems perfectly adequate, use the right area for your "group" needs. And then also, don't try to just jump straight from rangers directly to mudfall. That is like trying to jump from farmers to nymphs without bothering with dryads or even brownies. Tainted valley archer/squire/footman is the brownies of that level range

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

It all depends on the class and possibly the race which evils have a hard time ranking. Some thoughts:

Rangers have double disarm and recently obtained falcon strike - in theory, they can handle the battlemages (granted, those are rank 47) even at a significantly lower level.

Thieves and shadows might be able to handle Footmen if they use uncanny attacks to rake the weapon repeatedly.

Invokers have the option of simply taking on the paladins directly thanks to mana shield.

I find when I rank in Tainted Valley, it's often effective to attack the Clerics and use pain or negative damage weapons to inflict more damage, e.g. the tainted shadow and black leather bullwhip are both nice to have. Don't druids have the option of making pain damage weapons if they remake the weapon often enough?

As for necromancers, good luck. Illusionists shouldn't have it too bad because people love having haste and slow even if you're not doing much else.

I haven't gone through all the possibilities of course, but I think I've covered a fair bit of ground.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:55 pm    Post subject:

PS. Perhaps some of our Consortium members could add lore to the denizens of Tainted Valley so that the vulnerabilities and resistances can be more easily seen with the lore command?

1 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see lore and vulnerability info added to a larger variety of mobs!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: