Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 8 hours.

Weapon types and oversized

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject: Weapon types and oversized

Make axe=blade instead of shaft.

After playing a giant recently I noticed a distinct lack of oversized blades and segments available. The ideal oversized blade (huge iron sword) and segment (meteor hammer) are both unique and have been held by Kryton for over a year. I'm not saying everyone should get those but there should be more and better options.

Oversized blades: as it stands there is the huge iron sword (unique), Gonturan greatsword (unique, orderly), bastard sword (good only), and emerald longsword. Below that you're looking at avg 20 or lower.

Oversized segments: meteor hammer (unique), flail of eternity (unique), and karakken tentacles (avg 22), golden claw (exotic segment, orderly).

There are many two-handed blades and segments but that doesn't help for overbearing with large characters. By making axe=blade this issue will be mitigated for blades. Perhaps some of the existing two-handers (blades and/or exotic segments) could be changed to oversized.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:35 am    Post subject:

You could just kill Kryton and take his. Just saying. Bring a few friends.

All joking aside it makes sense. You have spears, maces, polearms and axes for shafts where you only have sword and dagger for blade. The only counter I have to this argument is that it makes dual axes a hard counter to those I see out there using spear and shield.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:12 am    Post subject:

You forgot to note, Mogu: exotics can't be double gripped (this is noted in the help file).

I know this because I had a half-elf warrior some time back who regularly double gripped a flail as that was the only two-handed segment weapon consistently available to her (bows really didn't count).

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:20 am    Post subject:

The forged war sword is Gasteride's place was originally oversized but got changed to two-handed. That can be reverted. The pain of the damned(35 lbs) and vorpal(33 lbs.)...make is so that part of their uniqueness is they can be double-gripable by all warrior races that have the strength to wield them. The Greatsword of Gonturan, remove the orderly flag so it can worn by all. That'd be a start.

0 0 0
Scrynor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:50 am    Post subject:

Dead body wrapped in chains could be a flail. Aren't you swinging the body around by the chains?

I always thought it would make sense if the high offense low defense weapons were split between type. Logically, that would make axe a blade, flail a shaft (just as much shaft there as most maces), whip a segment. Right? Although to BlackWidow's point making flail a shaft could make the problem worse for segment even if the axe move made it better for blades...

Add more weapons!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: