Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Refine witch carving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Q1 2024 Patch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivindel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:07 am    Post subject: Refine witch carving

- allow all races to be able to utilize witch carving (storm giant is locked out right now due to wood)
- add more weapon choices/types
- add more element choices

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:08 am    Post subject:

specifics and reasoning please

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:38 am    Post subject:

In the first place, I do not know why witch carving was introduced in the first place. If the objective is to create new weapon options (similar to armor forging in grimforge), then I thought it weird that only storm giant is the only race that can't use them because the stencils and weapons are made of wood, unless it is an intended choice to shut storm giants out of this weapon option as part of the design. Maybe a change to the material type is possible?

As for more weapon and element enhancement choices/types, I just thought that this witch carving idea/tool can be expanded further, if my guess is that witch carving is designed as an alternative to fill the gaps where we do not have decent ice/flame/lightning weapons from the wild. Currently, the 'fully charged' and element-enhanced witchcarved weapons are capped at average 17 I think, which is similar to a flaming longsword, icicle, etc, which is fine since we do not want widespread availability of average 21 elemental weapons.

Therefore, having more weapon types (currently only spear and dagger) will open up witchcarving to other classes which do not have spear/dagger skills. Having more element enhancement choices (such as water?) will fill the gaps where we only have water cubes (1 handed exotic/segment) and wave churners (2 handed spear/shaft) options.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:42 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I think I need to correct myself, the current witch carving weapon options are exotic/shaft (so I assume everyone can use this since it's exotic) and dagger/blade. As for wave churner, it is a staff/shaft, not spear/shaft that I mentioned earlier.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 am    Post subject:

Its just something else to try to min/max. It would make sense to have a cleric option but dagger covers the rest quite nicely. You don't need built in weakness weapons so that you can min max the mud. If you did absolutely need it, then make it exclusive to cabals. With great responsibility comes weakness weapons.

0 0 0
Scrynor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I do not understand why you would possibly want to gate this to cabal play. Cabal characters already have a near ludicrous number of advantages over non cabal characters. Let people who don't want to be forced into fights or only have 40 minute play windows have a good time too.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Q1 2024 Patch All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: