Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 8 hours.

Mob changes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seryie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Mob changes.

just wondering when we'll be told exactly what changes were made with the mobs, ie the isles and the mansion.. I know why it was done, just want the full details if applicable.

But I will say it has slowed ranking, and made it far more dangerous, having stacked butlers, and butlers walk in on your while your fighting is detrimental to the health of newbies who rank, especially in these popular areas... Not complaing just an opinion.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
xanthas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject:

thx for f'ing it up for everyone seryie...

0 0 0
Niktoo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Newbies rank in the mansion? hmm...

No wonder I can't find any more goodies to attack there...

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I believe they were just changed to roam more. Not totally sure but believe that is all that changed.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject:

If you think thats bad, you should try emerald forest sometime. I've seen five nymphs manage to stack up together at the Lost Grotto once. Its actually fun though I think. Some berserker I was grouped with dived into that pile of nymphs, 5 on 1, raged, and took everything on at once. He finally died with 1 nymph left. It'll be cool seeing paladins doing that to butlers (unlikely, but cool). So anyway, given the scripting, I felt it best to make things more fair levelling-wise (20-30 anyway).

"attract or attack" is a choice you'll need to make. This makes AFK levelling hard, if your group has to actually flee and co-ordinate a little. Oh and there's no such thing as slow ranking when its butlers involved, they have multiple vulns, and they don't even dirt or bash.

Ill isles isn't even worth discussing, you got sreyb and emerald as well, at that point.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Given this is only a measure to slow the scripters. But affective i'll give you that... for a short time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:

This makes AFK levelling hard, if your group has to actually flee and co-ordinate a little.

Noooooooooooo! Why!?

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject:

1. Mobs in Emerald don't sneak
2. Mobs in Emerald don't flee
3. There are more of each mob in Emerald

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject:

4. emerald is right next to Seringale making you pk bait

I did overlook it on purpose.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject:

5.and the mansion takes all of what...a few extra ticks to walk too.

6.Emerald is also closer to town... so if you do manage to avoid being lagged to death you can access the safety of town with great ease... if theres a justice on.

7.Meanwhile if you get attacked at the mansion and they miss a trip, they have a whole lot more chance of being caught before you get back to town.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject:

Can I have a reply dav?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject:

Walk to mansion = blow half your moves. They then recall. So you can blow the rest of your moves walking back, or another half recalling yourself. The net result is you're way behind on moves, and if your pk fucks up somehow, which occasionally happens when you go after a group, you're in deep water. Its no accident that some of best training and ranking areas (shire, gnome village, emerald) are close to town. The further away from town it is, the easier it is to actually rank there. Due to mv

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject:

Anyone with half a brain would sleep on the stasis before making the final treck to the mansion.

but i understand and thanks Razz

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Dav assumes we all have only half a brain.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Mmmm, brainssss....

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject:

Ever realize how popular ranking scripts are for those 2 areas, where the mobs are always in the same location every time? Especially the isles since it provides both free food and water, and both are very far away from town. Think having the mobs roam around might have something to do with that? I know some people love their precious scripts, yet always take up the rightoues torch of "Think of the newbies!" when anything happens that is detrimental to their heavily coded style of play. Yet they never realize that players who do less playing than watching zmud play for them hurt newbies far more than any small change to ranking areas would. There's a rather unfair gulf that they create between the newbie and the experienced scripter.

I really don't think this is hurting the newbies. I think it's hurting the script kiddies around here who will remain nameless.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject:

Pity those 'script kiddies' have already rescripting moving butlers.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: