Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

Warlords and Combat Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject:

give some suggestions then cuz up till now warlords were neither this nor that. they weren't haters of magic but they shunned the use of magic.. while holding hands with magic users and skipping around dueling people.

legions isnt a totally original idea neither (total domination.. sauron of lord of the rings, the emperor of star wars, and agent smith of matrix come to mind)...

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject:

I think legion is fine, a total domination cabal has always been prevalent in any game. It is how legion does it that can be disguished. Secrecy is out because we have assassins. Through political power is out because again CF has empire that has the same premise. I believe the original legion idea was total destruction and domination. Thats why in the Nadoshi era, I always got them to raid every cabal and take every other cabal's item. Holding every cabals item to me showed total domination. Thats why I would prefer instead of getting gimped, I would make a player even strong while holding an item and multiplied by as many items as he is holding. Make the other cabals gang up on him. Back to warlords, my idea was always that warlords shunned magic and believed that combat skill was greater than magic. By the fact that they tank for magic users while ranking shows that they are stronger. Intead of making them unable to tank for magic users, I think they should instead be leaders of each group and do not allow for any magic incantations. This would allow them to rank with magic users but i doubt magic users will want to group with them. Ranking with an Ill that cant grant haste, ranking with an invoker that cant hellstream or sanc, ranking with a shaman that cant cure or sanc, ranking with a healer to the same effect, means ranking with warlords pretty crappy unless there are two of them.

0 0 0
Dhampiri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject:

More wars! More warlords with flails and whips ganging Justices, Legion's, and Knights, more more more killing! Sort through the bodies after the swords have fallen! If cabals weren't so anal these days perhaps we would have more people get into a cabal and stick around to play their character? I see very little people around all the time that actually play their caballed character, because if you even step out of line a millimeter you get canned, per say. Justices, if you make a simple human error, or a mistake, you get canned immediately. Some of the best Justices got kicked out for retarded reasons. As for warlords and no ranking with magic users...I am very indifferent, I think it is on the verge of brilliance and stupidity all at once. You preach go against magic, go against magic, no magic in parties, then you befriend mages on the game. Sethronu, why you ever let Chalktala as warmaster is beyond me, he isn't good at all, and how suddenly does he become this "poster warlord" that all others should model, simply because he was put in warmaster position because he was around more then others? My experience with him, he was a damn coward. Then again, warlords is just your "Would you like to fight?" "No thanks." "Ok, see you later" and that is the just of it. Perhaps the change will make them more significant in the mud..we'll see. I sway the way the it sways I suppose. If it doesn't work, oh well, if it does, oh well. No skin off my teeth.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah, that also means, no asking mages to locate ANYTHING, if they wish to see if something's in they have to do some foot patrol. I see they are supposed to be a self sufficient cabal and now they have to become one.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject:

This change should have happened earlier when I was trying to organize my legion v justice war. And YES, it was a LEGION vs JUSTICE war, not KNIGHT vs JUSTICE. Why the hell does everyone think it was knights??? Blah!

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject:

because ssrthak, in his note, said "I declare war on Justice" hahaha

btw yeah, warlords have been asking mages to locate them stuff which is contrary to the cabal's beliefs. i mean i thought that was just common sense, but i guess not. anyway that stuff is always being noticed by the imms so no one's really getting away with it.. but its easier now that its just a cabal rule.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject:

They already tried doing that 'no using eq with a magical flag' thing back when Redallion was around I think. It sucked.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:

There, in a nutshell, is a Warlord's reason for going after Legions, Knights, Justices, and anybody else like the horseman clan, that falls into that mold.

What? Sorry dav but Justice doesn't have the (active) members to gangbang. Theres like one who is ever active cough cough me cough cough, it sucks whenever i wanna go for a cabal theres two or three members on when i'm on, then when i get in bam theres no one. I mean Justice is an awesome cabal, its the best cabal if you wanna learn how to track better and whatnot, and even though theres never anyone on, cept me most people give you respect. More people would go out for it if they knew how fun it is, dav you had a justice right? And whats with all the officers who show up just occasionally, no offense but Jhol signed in once, and even though there was a criminal a tough one at that he didn't stay longer than five minutes, and drengar shuffled my interview to him, no doubt knowing it'd never get done.... We need like propoganda to get more people in...

Oh, and Louis your right warlord aren't supposed to accept any magical aid whatsoever including locates, ferdinos got yelled at for once, because i asked myojin if he had a battlemaster's blade and his response was no, there isn't even one in the realms currently. The imm thought i was cleverly asking him to locate it...

Oh well, and yeah i think its the right approach now that i've stopped ranting
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mind_Flayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject:

I don't know about that Vertas,Thamivon seems to hae disappeared recently, Vhrael the invoker has been on recently alot, He is actually a decent [JUSTICE], Thamivon is my personal favorite though.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Vhrael the invoker got injured to death by an illithid psi...literally.

Not to mention the psi was wanted and was running hunting him along the battlements.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject:

b00mslang wrote:
Vhrael the invoker got injured to death by an illithid psi...literally.

Not to mention the psi was wanted and was running hunting him along the battlements.

b00mslang, yippie you killed an justice. Good for you.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: