Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 16 hours.

Entrapment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the justice be able to flag you when they're invisible?
It's awful! It's like the Gestapo!
55%
 55%  [ 20 ]
It's cool! It's like the Gestapo!
44%
 44%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 36

Bones V2.0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I always thought that the Justice remaining visable in town was a good idea, as well as a show of "power".

True that the law must be enforced, and all characters have some benefit from exploiting the Justices' service, but enforcing the laws through fear needs to go.

To be effective as a whole, Justice needs to command respect for their services, and flagging while invis, or sitting invis in town undermines that principal. Though easily circumvented, Justices who are in effect "hiding" personally makes me think they are ineffective at upholding their obligations, or are promoting the law to be broken, both of which are the antithesis of what the Cabal is all about.

Or I could be way off.

0 0 0
Mr Carbohydrate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote : "This is all really a moot point. Even if a justice cannot flag you while he/she is invis, the justice could still just go vis to flag you. "

I was a bit careless with my wording. What I was suggesting is that justices should have to be visible when they witness a crime (as it used to be), not for the actual act of flagging.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject:

b00mslang wrote:
Actually what happened was a certain Justice flagged me after knowing nothing but that my merc was in the ranger guild, attacked me, and I fled into the ranger guild guardian, which then proved my guilt, but then, he didn't do it in a lawful way.

hahaha that was me... well i did have proof, vhrael heard the yell of the guardian and so did... whats his name... some other wannabe justice. anywho the imm that asked me about this said 'remember yells can be faked' and i was all guild guardians can't fake yells and he was like 'oh good point' he then told me to remove the flag and replace it....And no it probably wasn't the best way to prove your guilt...

oh and bravo for brining up locke.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Green Elephant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, two lawfull witnesses to a crime is enough for a flag. Unless that has changed, it looks like you did the right thing.

0 0 0
Drengar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject:

saracelrin wrote:
Law 1 states guardians are protected by the law therefore so is the guild grounds.To be in another guild with a pet alone if hardly anyone else is in town and to be the only one there implies atleast complicity with a crime(killing guild guardian) to thieve from a coffer.so by entering the guild which wasn't his own and not being a justice he there by leaves himself open to being wanted for unlawful entry.

How does someone make a deduction like this? As Seryie said, simply because you are in the guild doesn't mean you killed the guardian, and there is no law about wandering into guilds.

Everyone should understand that one of Davairus' goals for the Justice cabal was to make it so that the Law and the guidelines were black and white. He did not want to leave them open for interpretation. Because of this many securities that cabal Justice provided which might have been discretional were removed; including their responsibility to stay visible or using 2 lawful witnesses to convict someone. Just be glad that ninjas, rangers or illusionists aren't allowed anymore. This was also the reason I was going to uninduct both Verikoz and Jezikapine - Shadowform.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Yeah when Justices are allowed to turn into detectives and deduce who did the crime, it usually results in a nice big pile of doggie poop for whatever Immortal is unfortane to be around at the time.

But bored Justices have been hiding in the Drunken Scribe or outside the west gate for someone to start a fight for months now. Letting them go invisible is not that big a deal.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
bored Justices have been hiding in the Drunken Scribe or outside the west gate for someone to start a fight for months now

I thought they weren't supposed to pull crap like that.

0 0 0
Gruagg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion, Justice has always been a police force out in the open. Not a secret police. If you are visible, this is going to prevent all the neutral types from not attacking (neutral as in ethos, not alignment). Preventing crime (I would imagine this is a goal of Justice, correct me if I'm wrong). Insteading laying in wait, while invisible encourages only one thing. More loot for the justice, because instead of said crime happening/persong bein wanted, killed, looted. Said crime never happens because they see the justice present in town

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject:

From personal experiance, sitting in the open does exactly what you say it does... No one under 50 commits any crimes and when I was Justice, there was a lack of 50's so nothing happened for 16 hours straight while I sat at north square.... I leave town for two seconds to go get some eq and someone tells you 'Town!' you head back, you missed the yell and then nothing happens. It's fun being a Justice when people have the balls the break laws, but yea... I'd rather be invis and have someone break a crime than sitting visable with nothing going on, fun value goes through the floor otherwise. Alas you know what your signing yourself up for when you apply and thats the downside to it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject:

the converse is also true. have the balls to piss people off out of town and they may get mad and declare war on you. anyway these days i've seen quite a few people running around wanted. the justice cabal just isn't respected enough right now ~ every cabal fluctuates though with warlords being one of the more consistent ones and when justice makes a comeback, the game is sure to change for everyone.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: