Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 11 hours.

To-do list for changes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: To-do list for changes.

As you know, our coding staff has been working on many things in the background. We're currently in the process of gradually implementing some of them--for example, within a week or so, you'll be seeing some changes regarding how transportation spells work within the game.

I've made note of (or otherwise promised) many instances where changes are forthcoming in various discussions here on this forum. However, with all the stuff going in the background, I'm sure I must be forgetting some things here and there. So to remind me and make sure things don't slip my mind, I'm opening this to-do list for you to add changes you'd like to see.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING:

This is meant as a reminder to the Imm staff about previously discussed changes, or things that have been generally ignored for a long time with the promise that "it'll be fixed." This is NOT for new change ideas and/or requests--post those in a separate thread. Most of the coding for what I want to change is already done. However, changes affect each other and I want to make sure that I'm not overlooking something I should address and wind up making it worse in the process of modifying other things; therefore, if you have a "pet issue" (or a dozen) that you want to make sure I account for as I chop the code up, post it in this thread. Things that you think are obviously "broken" but are seldom discussed are acceptable to post as well--for example, bodyslam is obviously broken but is so widely acknowledged that it is rarely brought up on the forum, and I'd hate to be "forgetting" to fix something like that in my hoary dotage. In an uncharacterstic move, I will be moderating this thread for spam and useless content, so if you want to start a discussion on something related to an item on this list and you want to be sure that it will be read by those aside from yourself, start a new thread. Otherwise, your comment may be deleted without notice at my discretion. I suggest someone start a meta-thread to discuss this thread if you're leery of this rare flexing of my moderator's muscles.

Anything that I've promised I'd do for AR in any previous thread is fair game for posting here, although providing a link would substantiate your claim. Links to any interesting gameplay discussions that you think may have flown under my radar are fair game, too.

Here's your chance to turn me into your whipping boy. Go for it.

Last edited by Burzuk on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject:

* religions/tattoos

* a cabal getting the axe

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject:

* race specific skills and "unannounced racial specifications" to flesh out current races

* treants and an unannounced race that fills a stat distribution for 2 classes

* different mode of questing

* quest classes

* my input: i think the illusionist shrink spell is broken because it always hits, yet is an aggressive spell. it doesn't fail like slow does.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject:

* new way of casting spells: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=608&start=15

* psis and druids ("marginal class" and "powergaming class")

* justices and their guards.. different coding or just guideline enforcement as it is now?: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7624&highlight=#7624

* harm, acid blast (particularly around ranks 28-33), fireball, lightning bolt: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7298&highlight=#7298

* a new cabal that will prove very controversial and interesting: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6891&highlight=#6891

* unholy strength hit dam bonuses as secondary effect: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6298&highlight=#6298

* possibility of a new mounted combat system and new unique mounts that can speedwalk across the map: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5926&highlight=#5926

my input by the way: wow, going back on what you wrote about knight stallions, that was exactly what i was thinking about how they are too disposable. no one really roleplays around with their stallion. but if stallions are said to be too disposable, that leads into the discussion of whether justice guards are too disposable. then again, justice guards serve a wholly different function from stallions in the game 75% of the time (using them for out of range apprehensions vs 1 on 1 pk fights).

* vanish tweak and ninja tweaks towards stalking/exploiting skills?: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3881&highlight=#3881

* disguising combat skills including one for illusionists: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2302&highlight=#2302

* paladin and dk race selection tone-down: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1938&highlight=#1938

* changes to illithids as a consequence of having two class selections: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1911&highlight=#1911

* a way to track pk stats that is different from the current pk record system: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=564&highlight=#564

* and the most highly anticipated voltron sub-class: http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3794&highlight=#3794

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject:

Good list so far--keep them coming.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Changes to warriors to make them more competitive at the higher ranks. Dav says they should have something to make their opponent stop healing so fast...

Forms disarming cursed weapons? Dav, again.

Make cursed weapons reflect being cursed.

There was discussion about pets being able to help rank solo.

New drow area.

All those other areas that've been written and not implemented.

Swingings mobs vs. charmie classes.

Multiple deaths from begginingg of the round deaths at the temple.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject:

not sure about this one, but GreenElephant said Burzuk mentioned:
warrior class tweaking including changes to double grip

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject:

Some of the warrior class tweaks (including an improved double grip) should be making an appearance on the mud well before the some of the other stuff on this thread, actually. There's also a rather larger warrior customization feature scheduled for later release. I don't know which thread I discussed warrior changes in, but since we've been working on them for some time now, I've probably mentioned it somewhere along the line.

0 0 0
Addreodyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject:

When newbies recall it gives them directions to their guild starting from Market Square, which may be kinda confusing considering there is no more market square.

0 0 0
Bones V2.0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject:

*Changes to group XP bonus to assist "unpopular" classes in ranking (i.e. Necros/Psis/Any Illithids etc)

*Adjustment of quests/training times - No matter how long you make it to train a skill, some people are going to do it, putting the rest of us, and especially newbs at a larger disadvantage.

*Making envenom and decoy actually DO something worthwhile.

*Some type of Sub-cabal system to involve newbs in to help with retention.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject:

hm.. are these last points actual issues that Burzuk brought up or went over? if not, please specify that they issues on your wish-list, not on the IMPs' to-do list. particularly judging from a few recent posts, i'm thinking that sub-cabal idea is one of your personal ones.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject:

*Ninja skill improvements - think you mentioned something similar to a 'LSD dart' was being worked on.

*Invoker weapon change (in keeping with their battle mage status), hellstream being gimped in favour of more diverse combat spells.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject:

wow thats alot of changes. so many changes that we might need... a second p-wipe/purge! ;)

here comes the 3rd age.

0 0 0
Draor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject:

WOW!..a third age

0 0 0
invisible smurf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject:

For bards:

- prof <skill/spell> doesn't work on songs
- there really isn't any way to end duet other than quitting out
- for some reason after you knock out a mob, it stays sleeping...forever...until someone kills it or wakes it up. Shocked

i just think the last point is amusing. Laughing

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
* race specific skills and "unannounced racial specifications" to flesh out current races

Implemented (favoured weapons and racial legacies).

Quote:
Changes to warriors to make them more competitive at the higher ranks.

[...]

warrior class tweaking including changes to double grip

Partially implemented (bow, point blank, favoured weapons), with more to come. Double grip will come in part B of combat module.

Quote:
*Ninja skill improvements

Partially implemented (counterbalance), with more to come.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject:

This thread is to keep track of the changes that I've already said were going in. New ideas or suggestions should be placed within their own thread. If there's anything that I've promised to put in on another thread that isn't already in this thread, you can add it here to keep me honest.

0 0 0
Kablamo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject:

A updated wizlist would really be nice.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: