Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

mcg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ModCityGun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: mcg

NOTE: Posted this on the other forum right after the they moved here. So I thought I'd move it here, as well. Hello, world!

-----------

Hey all,

Been playing again for about six months or so. Played back in college for a while (late 90s, can't remember exactly when but Grand Thalos was still around). Had a thief and a couple of other characters that didn't make it past 25th rank, I believe.

Now, after struggling to remember the name of this mud (Altered Realms? Abandoned Lands?) I made it back to become quite hooked again. Can't play much more than once a week for more than a couple of hours at a time, but it's still fun. Get my butt kicked regularly. No better way to learn, I guess.

Anyway, I'm a newspaper editor who doesn't have quite enough to do, apparently.

Love the realms! It's the only mud I've ever cared to play and I'm sure it's the only one I ever really will. Might have something to do with the fact it was the first I ever played. So be it. Nice community you have here.

Good gaming, all.

MCG

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Welcome!

Now make a Herald and edit the Mystique for me. Laughing

0 0 0
ModCityGun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject:

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that I'm probably not ready for a cabal yet.

But the Herald group IS interesting to me, partly because the paper I work for is known as the Herald. So when I play at work and see a bunch of Heralds on, I'm constantly reminded that I'm wasting my employer's time.

But boy oh boy, is it fun.

The Mystiques are darn interesting, I don't think you need my help, anyway Very Happy

0 0 0
Kentoism

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Read the mystique before last if you trully think that, no offense to the heralds, but that was one of the worst mystiques we've ever had.

0 0 0
ModCityGun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I didn't see the Mystique before this latest.

I like 'em because I'm not that involved in the high-level fights and politics going on in the realms. At least not yet. It's a good primer for players who may want to pursue it some day, though. And it pays to be informed, no matter what rank you're at, in my opinion.

Reporters are reporters. They're job is a heck of a lot of work and the quality of the product depends a lot on how much cooperation one gets from the subjects and audience. Not to mention the writing skill of the crafters, which really isn't bad in the Mystique.

If I keep talking like this, I AM going to go for a Herald and then I'll have to work in-character while I pretend to be working in real life. My life is complicated enough as it is. Smile

0 0 0
Kentoism

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I think I'm gonna roll up a herald soon, we have a gnome, and a bard......
That's about it that I know of, so yea, we need more heralds!
So if you so aspire to be audience to Torky's goat loving, roll up now!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject:

Cabals arent bad for people who know how to fight but arent too good at tracking - you'll get to confine intruders in your cabal so that they can't run off. Then its just a matter of who's strategy is better. Its particularly useful to be caballed in high levels, where clerics are beefy, because the cabal grounds is small and that reduces the clerics space to flee/cure. Just dont forget the saves and purple potions.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: