Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 7 hours.

Area problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Area problems

Discuss.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject:

Right then, since nobody posted a damn thing. I'll kick off with this.

1) I was thinking most the "locked doors" should have keys buyable somewhere nearby. saves needing to lug pass door potions just cause some gimp has ethereal passage. rather sell keys than passdoor potions as well.

2) I was thinking the nexus is a bit on the expensive side by the time you get to 50. (3k is recall potion standard, and recall is instant travel)

3) I was thinking Darkhaven should have special items for sale that only protecteds (and Legions) can see. Sort of a black market type thing, where you type list and he shows you some extra items under the counter.

4) move the darkhaven recall point into the lacromose temple, instead (that's near the onyx lance).

Thoughts..? Enjoying the minimap command, any change needed for that?

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1) I was thinking most the "locked doors" should have keys buyable somewhere nearby. saves needing to lug pass door potions just cause some gimp has ethereal passage. rather sell keys than passdoor potions as well.

2) I was thinking the nexus is a bit on the expensive side by the time you get to 50. (3k is recall potion standard, and recall is instant travel)

3) I was thinking Darkhaven should have special items for sale that only protecteds (and Legions) can see. Sort of a black market type thing, where you type list and he shows you some extra items under the counter.

4) move the darkhaven recall point into the lacromose temple, instead (that's near the onyx lance).

1) Good idea

2) Nexus is very expensive and would find much more use by making it a good bit cheaper.

3) I Love this idea, very cool.

4) I guess you could do this, wouldnt make much of a difference really, but I guess it would make more sense to recall to an actual temple.[/quote]

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject:

1) areas selling keys is kinda hard to vision rp wise. if for example the minotaurs wanted to keep travelers out of their keep and even put a guard in the front, why would they be selling keys for people to waltz on in?

2) i don't remember thinking the nexus was too expensive, but i had a lot of gold at 50. since its not an instant travel, i wouldn't mind promoting nexus travel.

3) i like

4) only problem i see is that newbs who recall to darkhaven will inevitably wander into the demon with the onyx lance.

* problem: ice keys stinging the hands of fire giants (and therefore fire giants need to quaff pass door anyway).. intentional?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject:

Yeah thats true about mahn-tor. Maybe gasteride is just too near a hometown.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject:

Minotaurs might not want people inside the keep, but a good rp thing would be say if someone who thought they could make a profit by selling the keys would sell them. Say someone exiled from Mahn-tor or something just make a mob give him shopkeeper properties, have him stand outside the city and sell keys put in his desc that he is exiled from it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject:

...and once the citizens (and Mahn-Tor himself) saw people just streaming into the city, don't you think they'd send out a patrol to wipe that guy out?

Hmmm... maybe make him a randomly moving and hiding mob... or perhaps you have to have a certain item (gem or something) that'll draw his attention so he'll come out with the key. Eh, I dunno.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject:

just expand that into a quest idea... of you helping mahn-tor, or you helping the exiled.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Sebryn wrote:
...and once the citizens (and Mahn-Tor himself) saw people just streaming into the city, don't you think they'd send out a patrol to wipe that guy out?

Hmmm... maybe make him a randomly moving and hiding mob... or perhaps you have to have a certain item (gem or something) that'll draw his attention so he'll come out with the key. Eh, I dunno.

I like that actually
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
saves needing to lug pass door potions just cause some gimp has ethereal passage.

Umm... if he's a pain in the arse to find, how is this solution going to eliminate the factor Dav was looking at?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: