Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

PKing method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: PKing method

Im new to the forums and the game, I dont know if I did this create topic thing right, but here goes. I was messing around and just thinking of ways I could sneak up on unsuspecting enemies. I don't know if this has already been mentioned on these forums, but I think if you are a class with the invisibility spell and/or sneak skill you could go into the same room as another person and follow them until they leave town. I know that the follow command tells the person you follow them, but I don't know if it does when you are sneaking or invisible. Anyway, would just like some feedback on this to know if it would work or not.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Yup, unless they're paranoid like the rest of us.

0 0 0
HomelessCleric

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject:

On a side note, what command stops people from following you? (I want to be paranoid too).

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject:

'Solitude' will drop anybody that's following you currently, aside from purchased pets. This will release zombies, golems, illusions, charmed creatures, and other characters.

'Release <target>' works for mobs that are following you, but is only good for one mob at a time (illusions, charmies, etc.).

'Nofollow' will make it so that nobody can follow you from that point forward - i.e. if someone's already invis/hidden/sneaking and they're following you, "nofollow" will only stop people from following in the future... you've still gotta get rid of the one that's already following you (usually 'solitude' is the quickest/easiest way).

Typically you want to use nofollow and solitude together to ensure that nobody's using this "hide and tag along" method. Keep in mind that even people you want to group with can't follow you with 'nofollow' on, so you'll have to toggle it off (using the 'nofollow' command again) to allow people to follow you for groups.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject:

You people are paranoid, and Im sure there wasnt very many people who actually did go invis and sneak follow you, but know alot of people will Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject:

Type "nofollow" then you will no longer accept followers untill the command is set back by retyping the command.

0 0 0
Crale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject:

Recently I was fleeing from someone, and I combined invisible, sneak, and hide together and was able to deceive them as they walked by. Just an idea for sneaking up on the pker as well.. Or maybe I'm just a newb mentioning things that have already been mentioned.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: