Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 6 hours.

College...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trillian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: College...

With the string of people posting about how they're about to start college and quiting, I figured it'd be useful to take a poll. How many of us lurkers went to college, said we were gonna quit, but didn't? If you did suceed, how long did you suceed for.. and are you still playing?

Here's my story, I quit ... sort of ... enough to go hang out with the people I'd met till about 2 or 3 every night. Then.. on those off nights when nothing was going on or I didn't feel like hanging out (read: 3AM boredom), I'd jump on mud.. and not sleep. But that kind of ended nearing march when it started to turn into yechhhhh time, and that's when AR picked up a little more.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Its BS. College is prime time mud season. Proven.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:

I start college in a week, and if possible I will not stop playing. Then again my college is like around 40 hours a week... not counting homework. So it will be fun trying to play with that kind of stuff.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject:

WTF are you talkin about? COLLEGE = EXTRA FREE TIME (Even when you are a busy collegiate) I just got back to Indiana Tech myself so I guess I'll do some 'finishing' up here and get rolling again.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject:

Eh... I haven't actually been in school in like... almost 5 years now. Going back as of next week though (internet classes pwn).

So I'm gonna be working ~50-55 hrs. a week, taking 12 semester hrs. worth of classes, plus trying to keep up my AR time...

Oh yeah, and I'm married. Bitches.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject:

But in Sebryns case working time = mudding time. So thats 55 hours of mudding a week. Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject:

I haven't actually 'quit', I guess. Last year I played an average of 2 hours or less each week, except the break in which I ranked Tasmar to 50. This summer I've played maybe 10-20 hours total - probably not more than that. As for this school year I've no real idea. It was easy not to play this summer because I spent most of it running around the country but with school comes frustration and boredom. To counter that I plan to spend more time drunk and less time bored than last year. I also live with a woman and a dog... they take time too.

I guess that's my answer.

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject:

I'm going into my 4th year in college. I said I would quit sophomore year and succeeded for about a quarter. Than I got into FL. Currently I've been mud free for about 6 months.

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject:

Well, I guess I'm lucky. I went through 4 years of college, only ever made one character (Unless I've blocked out others) that lasted about 2 months, then didn't play again till the summer after I graduated. Besides, how can you play MUD when there are CS wars going on in the dorms??? Ahh good times.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject:

Hilemal wrote:
... Besides, how can you play MUD when there are CS wars going on in the dorms??? Ahh good times.

We call that Halo 2 now. Cool

0 0 0
Tayku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I quit for the time I was away at college, and than started again for the summer when I didnt have a job and had a ton of free time...Going to quit again in 2 weeks when I go back.

0 0 0
Jeradan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject:

I quit for 2 years when college started, then... BAM! It hit me again... :?

0 0 0
Nuonorp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject:

I've started college, and with my course load this year I've yet to touch AR, though I probably will during long weekends to keep my characters around. I do plan on getting back during the summer, though, by which time I hope the changes are more ingrained and I can just relearn and play again.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: