Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Combat Suggestion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Combat Suggestion.

These are my observations so far, from my leveling to 30. Things may be different towards the "End game" but the reality of the matter, is if people don't get the experience in lower levels, they won't have it in the end game.

Combat is rather complex. And honestly, combat, is no practice for combat, if you catch my meaning.

If you don't, in other words actual in game fighting doesn't help you get better at fighting, for the most part, unless you participate in lots of battles.

At least, these are my observations, and the reason why is mostly because combat is so short. Two rounds and someone needs to flee, or they're dead next round in most battles.

So my suggestion is find ways to make combat more lengthy.People should hit for less, and there should be actual stategy used in combat.

There's a lot of strat. used in fighting prep. but very little used in the actual battle. Because the battle is so short, and there's very little time to use strategy.

When someone pops up and attacks me, by the time I realize I'm being attacked through the lines of scroll I'm at 40%.

Again, these are my observations from the lower end of the game, but just as important I think.

Sorry if this comes out flustered... I'm hunting and posting at the same time.

0 0 0
Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject:

P.S. If someone already has a spell you're casting on them, it shouldn't cost mana to see that they already have it.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Combat Suggestion.

double post

Last edited by Slade on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Combat Suggestion.

The game is balanced at 50 so they say, no one is meant to be doing that much fighting at lower levels. I am one of those who think there is a secondary pk range around level 35ish, which I think is a good learning range for pk. I wouldn't say fights are quick there but they aren't slow either.

Are you using common protections such as well, protection, *sanctuary*, etc? Never fight without sanc of some form.

At 50 fights generally take awhile as peoples HP are getting up there, all classes are fleshed out, etc, you have plenty of time to try all kinds of things.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject:

In my day I won pretty much every single fight at 30 because I got the first attack and had a sanc. And that was with my 3rd ever character with about 68 people online. Cake pk + full loot + make them yell "I am a dirty bastard" for eq back.

c fire
c acid
co wra
co harm
dual wielding/tiger stance murder

Its all the same. The high damage/hp ratio just makes the pk range rather comical.. and filled with gankers. You will be lucky if you learn anything at 30 besides re-equipping.

http://www.geocities.com/arshit has logs of more low level ganks then you can shake a stick at. Also, I'd say things calm down about rank 40, not straight up 35. 35 is obviously niche for necro/shaman, the other mages dont have their best spells/dupes, dks dont have a charm, and the paladins dont have heroism... no divine ret on healers, etc... exp costs start to get barmy at 35 too, 35 human nec can pk a surprising lot of level 30s

0 0 0
Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the feedback.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: