Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 19 hours.

Most dangerous bard song

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the most dangerous bard song?
Lust Seduction Desire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sharp Discord
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Clash of the Titans
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Devil's Dance
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Four Seasons
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Intoxify my Mind
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Gygh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Most dangerous bard song

Lemme know what you think. (I put intoxify my mind on here because it makes your yells hard to understand...)

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject:

4 of the songs you put up there are pretty much worthless while you forget to put up several of the most powerful of their songs. The list should look like this:

Devil's Dance
Four Seasons
Vertigo
Emancipation
Paranoia

Lust Seduction Desire, Sharp Discord, Intoxify My Mind, and Clash of the titans are all pretty worthless.

Paranoia- Same as a shaman's hysteria, a vastly underated spell for both classes. Causes opponent to fail all of their skills/spells pretty consistantly.
Vertigo - Opponent can't target you and gets misdirection. A very powerful song for avoiding a PK
Four Season - 4 Fireballs for the price of 1. Absoloutly devastating.
Emancipation - Removes all charmies. Huge impact on a necromancer.
Devil's Dance - Loses movement and loses concentration alot. Best on mages, but can still drain others of their moves.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject:

Vertigo, Devil's Dance, and Eye Gouge equals death. Plain and simple. Blinded for two hours at a time, running around and failing half the time, and having no clue what's going on.. mass confusion plus getting beaten to a pulp by bard.

Emancipation is mean against charmie classes (necro, ill..). Four Seasons is dangerous to the bard also in pk situations.. Need to know what mob to avoid.

0 0 0
Tsaphiel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject:

Scourge of Black Widow makes a nice trap for would-be attackers. Summon up your spider friends and wait for them to come to you. The widows have a chace of poisoning, as well. Not exactly the best, but quite lovely anyhow.

How does Birth of the Pheonix fare? Anyone know? I've not gotten that far yet.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject:

Devils dance or weak of mind and body. Paranoia and emancipation are way hard to hit.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't ever call hysteria underrated. I've known dozens of shaman who do nothing but spam hysteria until it hits.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject:

'Devil's Dance', by far. I think the majority of the people voting for 'Four Seasons' have only seen bards use it in ranking situations; they probably haven't seen 'Devil's Dance' in action.

Loss of movement, the majority of your commands negated by "You can't stop dancing!", and you can't sleep. Even the worst trackers in the world could catch you once they've got you with this one.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject:

I agree, devils dance by a long shot.... Can't beat that. Been a long while since I played a bard, but I can't remember phoenix being really any help beside ignite and even then it took forever for the phoenix to grow up right.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject:

Devils Dance them, eye, then Four Seasons away! Nearly always works to kill if you can keep them blinded and keep plugging away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject:

Looky, an entire thread of players justifying removing eye gouge.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject:

Noooooo!!!!! LoL. It's a safe tactic to have. You gimp eye gouge, and bards become a lot more sucky. LoL

--Edit--
Dav should offically be deemed the Ultimate Gimper or the Silent Immortal.. You never notice you setting yourself up for him until he strikes... LoL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re:

Well, Just wondering... How the hell do you train offensive bard songs? Do you just stand in some remote area and sing them over and over? Also, I think Devil's Dance is like plague, because it can be transferred to you- I'm not really sure of this because the one time I actually tried to use it in a fight, I got my ass handed to me by a fire giant berzerker and a human dark knight (which was kind of dumb, maybe they were playing "who can hit the Gnome the hardest", or maybe they didn't want to underestimate me). I'm not sure how well alot of the songs works or thier limits. Lust seduction desire would be compeltely awesome if it worked on the blind (Eye gouge + sing lust seduction desire = naked opponant that can't wear his/her equipment, however I think that you need to be able to see for it to work.)

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Both phantom flute and eye gouge should be removed.

(especially phantom flute. Eye gouge at least doesn't fuck up the entire way bards were meant to be played)

0 0 0
Hoarding Healer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject:

What about lullaby? I remember in my noob days I followed Ramther. He sung it and in came a thief who jacked all my stuff. Landed a crazy backstab and I nearly escaped.

0 0 0
dashpunk217

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject:

someone told me devils dance doesn't really do much anymore....i know they've taken eye gouge out since this, did they gimp any of the songs?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: