Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 22 hours.

Telnet Anyone!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saegen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Telnet Anyone!!!

I am still on telnet when I leave the home and with the dial-up, no memory for download combo My laptop wont change any time soon.
I just figured out how to fix the scroll buffer, but I still would like the colors like on my jmc. I can live with the retyping!
Any and all reccomendations for its improvement from opening it from the site please tell me, I need anything i can get.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject:

All I really used is:
#alias {ar} {#connect abandonedrealms.com 9000}

Code had a long list of JMC triggers but he hasnt been around for a bit. I'm sure someone is still around using it though.

As for modifying the colours ...try explore the menus

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject:

I guess it would be best if I just waited until I got to my JMC programm to play then, You can set actions and alliases to telnet though?
ANy other responses will be welcomed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject:

You can use the in-game aliases on telnet.

alias 1 dri barrel
etc

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject:

I use telnet, and aliases pwn. I use them for all of my chars.

It is especially useful for spell-casters.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject:

I am talking about the one you click on connect from the site and it pops up. I would have to retype all aliases after I close the screen right, and there is no speed walk?

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject:

Speedwalk...how come i havent heard about this? what is it? and how do you use it?

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject:

so you type "sou, sou, sou" for three south with an enter after each of them... It is "sss"and you go three south ect. I dont know how to turn it on but when you download JMC it is already there. Maybe someone else can elaborate.

Again ANy help with the colors for damage would be quite nice.!!

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject:

colours for damage is automatically enabled in AR isn't it? Well if you wanna manually enable.... I think the command is "color"

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Hey Saegen have you ever tried out the ALIAS function in the game? It was specially hardcoded in for people who needed them and didn't have access to a client. Try HELP ALIAS in game for more info.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject:

Thanks, I know all about the aliases and such but ever time I re open the telnet I have to reprogram the aliases. I will try the color thing but I doubt it will work. It says it has ansi color, though I have yet to see it. Not having my home modem sucks!!! To think I used to think the game ruled even on this. Now with JMC I know it does!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject:

eh.. aliasas save over quit. you have to write new AR aliases for other characters. Theyre nothing to do with the client. You can still use them if using jmc.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Ok, Old wise Grayden to the rescue. You can download gmud for free, it has alias, triggers, and macros, never tried speed walk, but i am sure if your smark using aliases you could make your own speed walk and gmud saves all your aliases and macros and triggers. Ok talked it up now download it at... http://www.candylandtalker.org/gmud.html You scroll down to where it says first download gmud. click the blue gmud. now your downloading then all you need is to add ad as a connection world, it is easy,
abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net
IP address : 204.209.44.8
Port : 9000
If the link i have provided dose not work, go to yahoo search for download gmud and look for candyland url. good luck.

Grayden Grim the helpful, once every blue moon.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
eh.. aliasas save over quit. you have to write new AR aliases for other characters. Theyre nothing to do with the client. You can still use them if using jmc.

But I am not using JMC right now, hince this post. I am using the "guest" connection.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Grayden wrote:
Ok, Old wise Grayden to the rescue. You can download gmud for free, it has alias, triggers, and macros, never tried speed walk, but i am sure if your smark using aliases you could make your own speed walk and gmud saves all your aliases and macros and triggers. Ok talked it up now download it at... http://www.candylandtalker.org/gmud.html You scroll down to where it says first download gmud. click the blue gmud. now your downloading then all you need is to add ad as a connection world, it is easy,
abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net
IP address : 204.209.44.8
Port : 9000
If the link i have provided dose not work, go to yahoo search for download gmud and look for candyland url. good luck.

Grayden Grim the helpful, once every blue moon.

I cant download a winzip file to open zipped file so unless it is an unzipped file, in which case, thanks (if it works or not.)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject:

The AR aliases are NOT SAVED IN CLIENT they are saved in the game so they're still there next time you play.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Understood! Thank you. Now how about getting the colors like they are on JMC is there any way to do that? Then I would be a happy camper! Even better than a Spider Blade!

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject:

ok sorry i said that, but you dont need winzip to open a zip file, just extract everything, ok totally lost then download winzip from download.com or give up on somthing good.
Obviously you have no luck, try harder.

Grayden Grim

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: