Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

An idea for Heralds
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject:

divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:
I have longed to make this a mortals thing instead of relying on 51s. Even discussed some skills for it with Lydana already. But the main stumbling block has and always will be that OOC would be necessary. I have been doing that with cabal chars to help newbies for 4+ years anyway though.

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

writing poems and stories nobody reads.

Nobody reads the poems? Shocked Crying or Very sad

No -- no one reads the poems.

I love the poems, though I never got mine...[sighs}
hint, hint (Xazappith)

Ain't my fault I died before you did. Rolling Eyes If I remember right, it was to be written after death...? I could write it out...but there isn't really any way to get it published now, eh?

I just think its cool when we get the pyramid thing going

Exactly what I was thinking. Lets make it go on forever.

I've gone OOC to help out newbies plenty of times before. And I'll do it again too. Just as long you explain to them the difference between OOC and IC and that this is a RP mud and you're making an exception so you can help them out, I personally don't see any problem with it.

SO the only point of the flags would be for heralds to know who is really new (As oppposed to newbies who are only newbies because they haven't ranked up yet)? I'm still saying you should make it a lesser cabal only, or at least expand it beyond Heralds. I don't think there are enough on often enough to make this useful. And it could fit into rp if you think about it the proper way. Heralds-all about RP help newbs become better RPers. Deputies-All about helping justice enforce the laws-catch newbies when they're young and raise them into law abiding citizens, or try to at least. Nobles-Help newbs grow up into the light. I've gone out of my way to help and check back on a couple of newbs I've seen, and at least one I think has become a pretty decent member of the game. But I'm not a herald any more. Don't restrict.

Are you guys having some kind of quote contest? Cuz if so, ..I'm game. Razz
Here's the scores so far: divsky -- 3+1(for starting), Xazappith -- 3, Me -- 3, Saegen -- 1, Dav -- 1, Amdorin -- 1.

If we keep doing this eventually it's gonna crash the internet or something

Laughing "crash the internet" ... retard.

0 0 0
Xazappith
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:
I have longed to make this a mortals thing instead of relying on 51s. Even discussed some skills for it with Lydana already. But the main stumbling block has and always will be that OOC would be necessary. I have been doing that with cabal chars to help newbies for 4+ years anyway though.

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

hint, hint (Xazappith)

Ain't my fault I died before you did. Rolling Eyes If I remember right, it was to be written after death...? I could write it out...but there isn't really any way to get it published now, eh?

I've gone OOC to help out newbies plenty of times before. And I'll do it again too. Just as long you explain to them the difference between OOC and IC and that this is a RP mud and you're making an exception so you can help them out, I personally don't see any problem with it.

SO the only point of the flags would be for heralds to know who is really new (As oppposed to newbies who are only newbies because they haven't ranked up yet)? I'm still saying you should make it a lesser cabal only, or at least expand it beyond Heralds. I don't think there are enough on often enough to make this useful. And it could fit into rp if you think about it the proper way. Heralds-all about RP help newbs become better RPers. Deputies-All about helping justice enforce the laws-catch newbies when they're young and raise them into law abiding citizens, or try to at least. Nobles-Help newbs grow up into the light. I've gone out of my way to help and check back on a couple of newbs I've seen, and at least one I think has become a pretty decent member of the game. But I'm not a herald any more. Don't restrict.

Here's the scores so far: divsky -- 3+1(for starting), Xazappith -- 3, Me -- 3, Saegen -- 1, Dav -- 1, Amdorin -- 1.

Why does Divsky get the +1 for starting? He just wrote the first thing, I made the first quote. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mathewcaps

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Does it break the cycle if someone doesnt do it? Like a chain letter? This is getting off topic.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject:

Xazappith wrote:
Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

hint, hint (Xazappith)

Why does Divsky get the +1 for starting? He just wrote the first thing, I made the first quote. Crying or Very sad
Nothing happens. The moron who stopped it is just a loser. And that's all. It is a little off topic, isn't it?

Edit: We have to at least make it so we can't see all of divsky's begining post. btw, I was kidding about the moron junk. I don't want to get this post deleted. We're so close!

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

hint, hint (Xazappith)

Nothing happens. The moron who stopped it is just a loser. And that's all. It is a little off topic, isn't it?

Edit: We have to at least make it so we can't see all of divsky's begining post. btw, I was kidding about the moron junk. I don't want to get this post deleted. We're so close!

Hahah 2pts for me. I feel like we're creating some AR Blackhole or something, hehehe.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Amdorin wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

hint, hint (Xazappith)

Hahah 2pts for me. I feel like we're creating some AR Blackhole or something, hehehe.

This one's nothing... back on the old, old forum there were some that went for pages... this one's only on page 2.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Sebryn wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

hint, hint (Xazappith)

This one's nothing... back on the old, old forum there were some that went for pages... this one's only on page 2.

They break eventually though.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fudge

Quote:

Quote:

You

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Sebryn wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

hint, hint (Xazappith)

Really?

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject:

You guys are stupid...

Seriously.

How about we get back on topic?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
pie
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
PIE!

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Jamus wrote:
Davairus wrote:
Sebryn wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

hint, hint (Xazappith)

Really?

Divsky's post looks like the frame work for some video game. GO HALO 3!! Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Mental Patient-101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Amdorin wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Davairus wrote:
Sebryn wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Amdorin wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:
Davairus wrote:

Jamus wrote:
divsky wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
Saegen wrote:
Jamus wrote:
Xazappith wrote:
divsky wrote:

hint, hint (Xazappith)

Really?

Divsky's post looks like the frame work for some video game. GO HALO 3!! Rolling Eyes

Ha, I've still only played the first Halo, and your just mad nobody invited you Baer... Razz

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject:

On a serious note, why don't we stop wasting forum bandwidth for no reason and hijacking threads?

Just a thought... but there are plenty of online games if you're that bored.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, stop threadjacking.

On that note, Sebryn, where've you been lately, we need to touch bases again through e-mail or otherwise. Damn man..

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: