Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 15 hours.

Wild Weapons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace High

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Wild Weapons

Okay, this is my personal opinion and I just want to get some discussion going and see if I'm the only person who feels this way or not. Anyways, my problem has to deal with the crazy benefits of wild/chaotic weapons. AR prides itself on being incredibly balanced so that any one player can beat another player without having any one overpowered race/class/ethos combo. Well, from my experience, everything that has a benefit also has a drawback. My question is, what is the drawback of the whole wild weapon thing? I'm sorry, but when my warrior with a 45 hitroll and 60 damroll hits for MUTILATES and DISEMBOWLS through sanc is getting hit by MANGLES through sanc from a shaman wielding a wild weapon, something is wrong. I mean, personally I don't think that I should be getting pwned by a shaman who's just doing flee/murder + harm combos. Whether this is a balance issue with shamans or chaotics in general, I'll leave that open to debate, but warriors/zerkers should not be getting outdamged in physical combat by a cleric.

I'm in kind of a bad mood because the last two weeks every single time I log on, I have normally two shamans (or uber decked Rolf) invading cabal forcing me to come fight and then I have no way to win the fight. If I was a Knight, or if there was some sort of RP behind this, I wouldn't make such a big deal of it, but literally I log on and less than two minutes later my cabal is invaded. If I wanted a constant war with Legion/Evils, I would have made a Knight or a paladin or something like that. Thanks to this, Justices can never do what they're supposed to do because they're always busy fending off the damned [HUMAN] shaman cabal. I'm seriously about to give up on this char because of all this crap, and I hate that because I really enjoyed playing him before all this started. Go ahead and call me a whiner or whatever you want, but this is just how I feel and I wanted to voice myself so at least it's out in the open.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject:

Looked into this.. I had forgotten the weapon ward checks. Wild attacks do not work against weapon wards, or with weapon wards active. They'll just fail. So if you see a shaman doing a wild, you'll know you can barrage. Have fun.

0 0 0
Rolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject:

Ace_High, I just lost a lot of respect for you. It's just.. I died, so whine whine whine, and Dav makes the changes. I guess you neglected to talk about the injures I was doing to you with my wild weapon. Also, I bet when you were referring to "uber-decked Rolf", you failed to mention that you full looted me the night before after you and Grimp gangbanged me in some double special guard / ensnare madness (which I didn't bitch about at all afterwards). In fact, you were rared out when I killed you cuz wearing all my shit, and the only stuff I had was what I could gather today.

Also, earlier when you were referring to me not sending an RP tell before attacking your cabal, I guess you gangbanging and full looting me last night doesn't cut it as an RP reason for killing you back 1 on 1. Furthermore, I don't recall you saying anything before the three of you attacked us legions while we were doing Xanthak (none of us were wanted). I thought Justice wasn't supposed to be involved in cabal warfare, and wasn't supposed to start shit. Oh well, I guess starting a whole cabal war (without any Legions being wanted in the first place) doesn't count.

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject:

Legions should have a permanent wanted flag, bunch of crime-breaking hippies!

That goes double for Knights! Laughing Laughing Laughing

0 0 0
Olethros

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject:

It didn't matter if you were wanted or not. It was just an honest brawl between folk. We didn't invade. You invaded and made it a cabal issue. You and your band of misfits... should expect some retaliation for being pests.

On the topic, wild weapons hurt. It's not fun to see ***s thru sanc.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject:

It isn't because of his whining, its a legitimate oversight.

Wild weapons were made to encourage people to take advantage of weapon types. This would in particular help thieves, who fit quite well to a chaotic ethos, and can use extra damage in combat to make up for their more feeble hp's. Originally, we were going to do it with combat styles, but the half-elf lucky strikes were already there for that.. I believe we went and did this with Warlord forms as well. So it ended up geared best for rogues.

The intent has never been to improve the melee of weapon ward users, or to circumvent their wards - they don't require extra melee because of their spells, and they don't have the defences for soaking the extra damage so hence weapon ward protection.

0 0 0
Niladein

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject:

This might sound ignorant, but whats the downside of a warrior weilding a wild weapon. I see it now on the cleric side, but what about fighting classes.

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject:

When a group of three Justices run in and gank a group of three Legions it doesn't really matter if you attacked the Cabal it pretty much starts a war. Legion can't just turn the other cheek and not get mad they just got ganked. If Rolf was to have kindly asked who ever it was to please step outside town I'm guessing they wouldn't have stepped outside town, thus the cabal attack.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: