Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

Vulns
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject:

Well, since halflings only resist negative spells now (attacks too?), like life drain and blah, they been put back in a decent playing field.

I don't think they should have to "pay more" now, because....even with 25 dex, BASH KICKS THEIR ASS, and if halfers get "paid" anything more, may as well remove them from being healers, becuase they'd have no use for being one (I really don't understand their use as one now, they are like half-dwarves without the strength, con, and full magic resist in that guild).

Only thing halflings really dangerous at now are being thieves. Even then, combat style advantage has further toned down quick rogue classes(assuming they haven't already stolen any means of you gaining an advantage).

I think the only thing about halflings that need to be fixed is their place in the thief guild, maybe a stronger penalty on the success rate against blackjacking a larger opponent.

Gnomes need help, maybe lowering their vuln by like 1/6 or something (random number) of damage.

I think the depth of the vulns can be shallowed a bit if you feel they are so unfair, but giants had those vulns for they sake that you look stupid fighting them with a physical weapon.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Giants and gnomes though, they're the ones that need help.

Well giants weren't that bad last time, but gnomes, heh. With their vulns, they're pretty fine now with 21 dex. Weapon advantage, combat style superiority helps gnomes.

But now giants... hm, not too sure about them, but they're pretty gimped it seems now. Effigies are freely available, not to mention how Res' last psionicist spam blasted me to oblivion, with damage MANGLES -> *** DEMOLISHES *** through stance, that means *** DEVASTATES or === OBLITS if he manage to get through when stance falls.

Say, -55 save_vs_mental won't really help against that damage, except maybe reduce it by 20% every round. But that just means I can survive 3 more rounds before I die. Just as well

0 0 0
etso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: HAhaha

Grayden wrote:
i disagree i think duegar shamans, should be vul to more, and double the vuln to water. That might tip the balance, oh and paladins vuln to daggers should be harsh to balance things too Twisted Evil

Thats hilarious that you think that, because I remember with Etso, eating MANGLES and *** through sanc and prot, by someone who not only has weapon advantage but style to? Okay not sure on the terms, but dual wielded against a shaman=pwnage, because I never really carried a two handed weapon, so I'd have all these paladins running in wielding cube, dual wave churner, so remember that next time you say that there water vuln should be doubled

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't think they should have to "pay more" now, because....even with 25 dex, BASH KICKS THEIR ASS

I've heard word that size no longer affects bash.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Hahaha... divsky would be the first person to jump on something suggesting that "size doesn't matter."

Laughing

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject:

Anything on the way here? I'm willing to bet most people still think vulns are a bit overboard right now.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject:

I don't see giants being gimped. It's just the crazy ass effigy that acts like a crazy rare staff with a vul on top except its not rare...and can be purchased..infinitly...

Most giant races are either warriors or zerkers. Like someone said earlier, they get alot of advantages to their vul. Ownage bash/slam due to high strength, most 2-handed weapon wielded as one, ownage hobble, resistant physical.

Even the rod is not so bad, but the effigy is just too ownage and too easy to get.

0 0 0
Vandrez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject:

oh I'm pretty sure ice polearm was there back then I had it alot. In illusionary that giant had it Unless they changed it, But its not there now Where they move it to?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Actually gnomes have an advantage they get more pracs then any other race so it contributes to moves, mana, and hp for a vuln to bash I'll take that and invoker or illusionist gnome is deced out.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Berserk/rage lowering mental damage has helped giants that go for the fighter guilds a lot ... more than enough that its not really garbage anymore.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject:

divsky wrote:
Quote:
I don't think they should have to "pay more" now, because....even with 25 dex, BASH KICKS THEIR ASS

I've heard word that size no longer affects bash.

Size doesn't affect it, its now based on str. Halfers have 17 str fire giants have 25...hmmm....

0 0 0
Mathewcaps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I totally agree with Davairus

0 0 0
Static Impulse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject:

So I've got a duergar thief. I think the vuln for duergars is a bit, (very slightly) too much because of the low con. They, I believe according to the help duergar, that they are even more vuln against water, yet have a lower con by three than dwarfs... is it the same or is it really more?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject:

1) the water weapons are segments (churner / cube)
2) segments are vulnerable to shafts (mace, good parrying)
3) clobber works with shafts, at best on segments
4) duergar's get a 'vicious stroke' clobber racial legacy

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject:

An honest question. If the staff of storms is still a vuln to dwarfs wouldn't that make a bit different of a situation?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject:

Not really, you'll rip that with counterbalanced sidesteps.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject:

What about avians?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: