Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Full Looting/Sacrificing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Full Looting/Sacrificing

I'm still not playing right now. But I do have an idea for one thing I hate more than anything else on AR: full looting/sacing. Everytime I get toasted by some lvl 38 niching peice of shit, or a lvl 20 fire warrior noob, who then full loots/sacs me, I get super pissed off, mostly because I have to drop everything and re-equip again now. Does a lvl 20 fire giant really need to be able to full-sacrifice someone?

So, instead of dealing with shit like that, set a limit on how much a character can loot. Like, 1 item at lvl 15, then one more for every 5 levels after that. Gold looting would not be included. This means at lvl 35, you could loot all the gold, 4 rares and their entire sack full of purples and shit (5 items total, that sack would count as one). That's still some pretty significant lootage, but prevents the killer from just being a total dickcheese and taking and sacrificing everything. At lvl 15-25 looting would be pretty restrictive at just 1-3 items plus their gold, but why should we be encouraging heavy PKing at those lvls?

Of course, at lvl 50, 100% full looting would be allowed.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject:

This type of system always reminds me of a trading card game system - you beat your opponent and get to choose one of his best cards to keep as a reward. I don't have a problem with it.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject:

I kind of like this idea, except that I think it needs to be tweaked to be on par with the rest of the game. I'd say have level 36 be where full looting can occur - that's where PK kills start coming into effect right. And it's past 30 where you're expected to be competent enough to run. Also, this allows for more widespread lowbie pk without of complete gank.

Similar thought, why not have below 36 be a you can only loot the person if you kill the person. Yes this would promote ganking, but this would give incentive to rank past 36 if you're a vet (so you can gank level 50 corpses), but it would also provide a safe haven for newbs. IE: if you get ganked by a person, you'll only lose a little bit of eq. There would also be a clear distinction between newbie pk ranks and holy-shit-what-your-back pk ranks (which can be achieved in 4 hours ala surge).

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject:

i like full loots and getting full looted

=d

outfit was supposed to help out with that.. i use it so should you

0 0 0
Simpleton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Full Looting/Sacrificing

divsky wrote:
I'm still not playing right now.

Then don't have to worry about being looted. Twisted Evil

divsky wrote:
But I do have an idea for one thing I hate more than anything else on AR: full looting/sacing. Everytime I get toasted by some lvl 38 niching peice of shit, or a lvl 20 fire warrior noob, who then full loots/sacs me, I get super pissed off, mostly because I have to drop everything and re-equip again now. Does a lvl 20 fire giant really need to be able to full-sacrifice someone?

Easy fix to that problem, learn to run and hide.

divsky wrote:
This means at lvl 35, you could loot all the gold, 4 rares and their entire sack full of purples and shit (5 items total, that sack would count as one).

If you don't want to lose your rares, then don't wear any. At level 35 if you have 4 rares then your inviting an ass whooping.

divsky wrote:
Of course, at lvl 50, 100% full looting would be allowed.

Full looting is a part of the game. It sucks when it happens to you, however the best way to get over it is revenge.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject:

I still maintain my basic premise. Doing tedious shit you just did an hour ago isn't fun. Re-equipping isn't fun. The point of the game is to have fun. Therefore, constantly having to re-equip, when you just got your eq an hour ago, is definatly bad juju.

Quote:
If you don't want to lose your rares, then don't wear any. At level 35 if you have 4 rares then your inviting an ass whooping.

I ussually don't. I still get full sacrificed by losers who get a cheap thrill out of it, regardless of whether or not I have any rares at all.

Btw, you said if you're wearing 4 rares at lvl 35 you're inviting an ass-whooping. Well, if that ass-whooping is due to people wanting your rares.. and people can still get all those rares with this system.. wait a second.. how does that change anything?? Maybe you've got a moot point here..

Quote:
Full looting is a part of the game. It sucks when it happens to you, however the best way to get over it is revenge.

Hard to get revenege when you're only 1/3 equipped. By the time you get into full fighting shape, the people who do full-sacrifices are ussually gone. With this, at least you'd be able to fulfill your revenge before they quit out.

But anyways, you're saying when a lvl 15 fire giant chain bashes some poor lvl 15 mage, he deserves to be able to full-loot and likely make a newbie mage permanently quit.. for.. what?? Because it's part of the game? And he didn't know how to flee and evade a chain bashing???

Woah. And I thought the "real game" was meant to be played at lvl 50, not lvl 15. And I flat-out said full looting should be allowed at lvl 50.

0 1
boo,
bassball

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject:

I think I like that idea. I mean, full looting someone is a crap load of fun, but I think the fight is even funner(even when you lose, until you get back to your corpse and find it empty) but with this that won't happen at the lower levels, and even if they can take two items or whatever, even if they both are rares, you still have enough to either kill them back or replace the two items without taking a couple hours to do it.

It was a good idea divsky, but who knows if the imms will code it in

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject:

Full looting...
Forrest Gump wrote:
It happens.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: