Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 6 hours.

Why do you think AR is fun?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xazappith
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject:

tough act to follow, but I'm going to put my two cents in anyway...

The reason I play AR is the escapism factor, the rp. When I play, its so easy to get caught up in the drama or the day to day happenings of my charactors. Its like a second life for me. Their problems become my problems, their joys become my joys, alhtough I will admit, I laugh at them more than they would laugh at themselves...all part of the fun for me. I also enjoy exploring dangerous areas to see whats on the other side, places like Shadar and Winter, but only with other skilled players for now, because otherwise I know I'd just die.

That being said, I've got a nickle so I can donate two more cents to the full looting subject. I don't mind too much losing equipment. I mean yeah, its annoying but when I remember the outfit at the guild, its not bad. The thing I hate most of all during a full loot is losing things that have no PK value at all but have alot of meaning RP wise, like a book or a flower or a ring. I mean usually you can just go out and buy another one and pass it off like it was the same one but that doesn't always work, especially if the ring happened to be gambled (and given because it was a ring not because of any great stats that had been granted to it)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
flying hampster doesnt post in 6 months and feels compelled to post just to disagree with whatever I said. That's why I love him so much.. he makes me feel truly special.

You are special, we all know.

By the way my favorite special friend, I wasn't aware that I had to log on once every four hours in order to post when an interesting topic springs up.

You over simplify things, so we will let you continue to over simplify. I have already agreed it is a piece of the game. A PIECE. Ahem... AAAAAA PPPPPPIIIIIIIEEEEEECCCCCCCCEEEEEE. Just making sure you can actually understand what I am typing, as you seem to be having problems. It is not the entirety of the game, jackass. Which was a point I think that Divsky brought up. If it was the whole game, Heralds wouldn't exist.

So go ahead and tell me I slandered what you said just as much as you slander what everyone else says, but to be honest my piece in this conversation is going to have to be over.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

He is so over dramatic.

I thought I had an interesting perspective on this particular conversation so I thought I would go through the effort of reading it in its entirety, post, then go back to reading my book.

When I consider AR, I dont consider it a "little haven from the nasty outside world" Nor do I consider it as "just a game" (althoh I have claimed this in the past, I have found a better rendition of my personal feelings)

The 'game' is like this explanation. Robert Jordan describing Lan using his blades. They are a part of him. Now this game, to me, is not a different persona of myself, nor is it all of me. When I log on, and kill someone, my character isnt the only one that is saying 'alright' in his head. And when I die, my Character isnt the only one lying in his temple wondering if his life is about to end for good...

You are bound to have sapposed 'ooc' feelings in the game. And scoffing at the idea of full looting may be one of those. When youre character dies, who would you bitch to in game that you got full looted? The idea of fool looting is there. Just like you coming back to life after resatimm rapes your dead monkey ass... It is a part of the game, for good reason. Now whether it is used a bit much...Thats for dav and zuk to decide...But I 100% agree with the fact that full looting should be allowed. And people deleting over dying should be slapped.

A small word to the wise. When you die, just assume that you dont have shit left at your corpse...and when you get there...Your either A: right or B: You get some or all your shit back and you are pleasantly pleased and can go on your merry way for revenge.

I hear alot of bitching that I bitched about when I was in my hay day flaming wise... And looking back over my shoulder...I can see why I was bitching, but looking to where I am standing now, I can see why I shouldnt have.

Sorry for the long Post.

*love you davo*

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: