Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Description/application/background limits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Description/application/background limits

I was trying to write a background for one of my chars yesterday, and after 61 lines my (in my mind) amazing background (Ill post it if enough people ask)was cut short before I had even gotten halfway! Most of you probably think 61 lines of text is plenty, and for a description it is, and you can always send two parts of an application, however, some backgrounds need to be a little longer to allow the full rp potential of the char to come out. A change on the limit of backgrounds(atleast) would be very, and in change I mean making there be almost no limit at all.

Post back if you think I'm an idiot or if you agree with me

0 0 0
Ronus
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

I assume that backgrounds were pretty much just copy/pasted in the code to use the same as descs with the simple difference that only IMM's can see the backgrounds. Already the people who write really long backgrounds spam us when we try to read through them. It wouldn't be tough expand the limit, but its not necessary to write a novel either. Just shorten your background. Stick to the key points. I'm sure lots of people could edit your background to make it fit. Ask for help if you want it.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

I had the same thing happen to me with Huotoyoxi (140+ lines..) I just started cutting out left and right, not worth the imms time to redo the entire note system (maybe..)

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Backgrounds are only seen in two instances:

1. By the Imms, and
2. In your character's Graveyard post when you condie/delete.

My suggestion for the "background limit problem":

1. Summarize your background for the actual in-game background entry.
2. Keep the extended version you've written saved somewhere on your computer.
3. If you're asked (during cabal interviews, etc.) for a more thorough background on your character, then pull out the saved extended version.
4. If you're not asked for it and you still want to share what you think is the best background in the world, then when you die/delete you can post it in your character's Graveyard thread.

*Also - keep note that the background is ONLY supposed to be what occurred in your character's life before their creation.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject:

Vhrael wrote:
*Also - keep note that the background is ONLY supposed to be what occurred in your character's life before their creation.

My background only talks about a week or so of the characters life, which was before he was created

Alright, thanks. I'll see if I can shorten and keep it semi good

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: