Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

I'm having a hard time ranking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: I'm having a hard time ranking

It seems I can never rank. Nobody ever wants to rank anymore. Unless it's a surge. And unfortunatly, I can very rarely make it on during a surge. Why do people act like it's a fucking pre-requisisite for ranking for it to be a fucking surge? It's pissing me off.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject:

Maybe it's because of your avatar.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

Hopfully you didn't ask me to rank, because I definatly said nay, dose not matter who you are I am tired of dealing with players and mobs at the same time. (I have been stabbed in the back to many times) Either way if you just keep killing stuff and stop trying to get huge exp, you will rank, what I mean is if your getting 200 exp from a brownie killing it by yourself you dont need others just patients. I am level 19 now in like 6 or so hours of play, and I only had one person group with me for a short time.

Grayden Grim of the lonely fields of torn flesh

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Div, I can say this since you admitted in your other post you were an invoker. Invokers suck for groups. Mana high is too cost on hellstream to maintain it through a whole round of leveling, and while sanctuary is handy, paladins and healers have it too, as well as other useful spells like heal or cure critical. You can get to 50, people will drag you there eventually, you just have to wait a bit longer, because Ills/Invokers/Nec's suck for groups, the upside being they're 0 xp cost. I don't care what anyone says, even Ills suck donkey nuts, because haste doesn't seem to do a whole lot of good anymore. So congratulations, you get to tough it out. As far as surges go, I rank with or without surge, so do a lot of people, once you get closer to 50, you have to usually, in order to avoid the level 50's who sit on during surge waiting for people close to, but not quite 50 like you. Helps to know people(who like and/or tolerate you) ooc when you're a mage too, cause you can sometimes persuade them to help you level. (OOC is bad kids) I'd like Resatimm to deny the fact getting Kalist to level him to 50 had no ooc connection at all. Dropping Kalists' name alone tells you it did.

In summary for anyone who hates long posts...
Mage = crappy groupmember.
Viable options for leveling said shitty mage groupmember = OOC connections or growing a pair of balls and doing it the long, slow, hard way.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Hey dink eyes I don't even remember that and if it did happen I was likely afk the whole time.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: