Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

HELP ME!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Froggie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: HELP ME!!!

This is officialy my first day as in what has been described as ARA(abandoned realms annonomus). Any new person hints or tricks I could learn from you? I have thoroughly scimmed across every post.. I am going to go make my first charecter right now!! wish me luck. Give me a good race class combo to start with.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Stone Giant Warrior!

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject:

haha you ass.

Halfling Healer

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

A half-elf ranger is my current newbie recommendaton.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Human ranger or human paladin.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject:

Just DO NOT be a dwarven berserker. No matter how awesome it sounds, do not be one.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

Actually, dwarven berserkers rock. You just need to accustom yourself to the tank mindset. Just need clever thought over rage and you're fine.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:

You should try a human warrior, you would gain levels fast, warriors are easy(make sure to change your prompt to include weapon matchup)(help prompt).

If you see greyden grimm on just ask if you need help but I will not group, I don't group.

0 0 0
gomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I second Davairus. Half-elf ranger. And it his first character, he should rank as high as possible as fast as possible.

take your time to get to 10 and 15, and learn dont get suckered into a group during surge because you will find yourself to high and not have a clue and get killed, frustrated, and probably quit.

0 0 0
Froggie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject:

whats tank?
How do I talk/ ask for help in game?
Rage? Is that something that only berserkers have.

Remember guys.. Though I have read all the invokation things and the forum things and the website top to bottom several times... I am still what you call a "noobie" I think it is..

Since davarius I hear is the head immortal person ill go with his idea. But why is a half elf better than a human? Doesnt it cost more exp? (what is exp?)

Any recommendations on a prompt to put in so I will be helped? I prefer percentages. (please type exactly how I must type it.) telnet wont scroll up..

Thanx angain for the help. Keep ideas coming.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Its better for newb than human because of foresthaven racial legacy. Only h-elf ranger gets it.

The "Tank" is someone who attacks the mobs first for groups, to take the hits. A "good tank" is well suited for doing this. Some good tanks -

warrior
ranger
unraged berserker
thief in counterbalance
ninja in counterbalance
shamans once they reach level 20 for cure critical
healers once they get their defences (but thats like level 27)

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Also, the best place to ask all of these questions is in-game, using the NEWBIE channel. You don't really need to post it all up on the forum - it's easier in-game, and you'll get the answer faster (hopefully).

0 0 0
The_Dark_Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

a good prompt well for me anyway is like <%h/%Hhp %m/%Mm %v/%Vmv %Xtnl %gg %t><%A>
which shows health, mana, movement,how much you need to level, amout of gold, the time of day, and it shows your oppenets weapon (shaft,blade,segment) incolor red means bad,no color is even, and green means you have the upperhand

0 0 0
Froggie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Up and running... Thank you Vanisse for all the help thus far. I'll just refer the the newbie chat line for my further questions unless they arent answered there. Got my first snake!!!! Didnt stand a chance!
??????? flexis his muscles proudly!

Thx again Davarius.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

First character - Human ranger
Best explorers because they make good tanks, have plenty of mvs with pathfinding, and can make food (butcher) and water (find spring).

This character is just for realm familiarization and exploring. Just focus on exploring. Don't worry too much about ranking up past 25-30ish

Second character - Human healer
Easy to rank, 0 xp penalty (means easy ranking, harder to pk below lvl 50, and you're at a really high lvl before you're in the lvl 50's PK range), extremely hard to PK, has a lot of spells that just make them very easy to play.

Focus just on getting this character to lvl 50.

That's my recommendation. It takes 2 characters to get to know AR. One decent combat character for exploring, and then a second character thats easy to rank and has a lot of "convenience spells" (i.e. identify, locate object, summon, word of recall) that help you learn more about the inner workings of AR to get up to lvl 50.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:

You will want to try all the different classes when you get the lay of land so you can find the class you like the best. Remember this thoe, eventually your going to die in the game, it is a game, eveyone dies, and not to get mad about it. Alot of people give up when they die because there pissed off. Don't do that. I hope to see you in ar a long time.

Grayden Grim of the bloody fields of flesh

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject:

Actually, you'll die A LOT! Just remember that it doesn't matter.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Froggie wrote:
whats tank?
How do I talk/ ask for help in game?
Rage? Is that something that only berserkers have.

Remember guys.. Though I have read all the invokation things and the forum things and the website top to bottom several times... I am still what you call a "noobie" I think it is..

Since davarius I hear is the head immortal person ill go with his idea. But why is a half elf better than a human? Doesnt it cost more exp? (what is exp?)

Any recommendations on a prompt to put in so I will be helped? I prefer percentages. (please type exactly how I must type it.) telnet wont scroll up..

Thanx angain for the help. Keep ideas coming.

Tank means you are in a group and are taking all the hits.

Another way to ask for help after you cannot use newbie channel anymore is the 'pray' command.

Rage is only for berserkers and it makes it to where you cannot flee if you are about to die, but also makes you hit harder and other crap.

You should start with a human so you don't have any major weaknesses to worry about.

Divsky what right about two characters, I suggest Human ranger to explore the areas and a Human warrior to figure the rest out after the ranger dies.

Exp is what is required to rank. When you begin type group or go to your scroe and it will tell you ______ exp tnl. That is how much experience you need Til Next Level . The more exp cost, the more experience you must gain to level. Thus, try to start with races and classes who have a 0 exp cost.

Hope this helps.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

One of my favorite prompts tells you your hp, mana, movements, time of day, weapon type matchup, combat style matchup and adrenaline state. The prompt is %hhp %mm %vmv %t %w %a %n,hope this helps.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

The prompt I use is
<%ihit %jmana %kmv %Xtnl %ggold %(time of day) %V:%M%T> Which looks something like
<100%hit 100%mana 100%mv 1837tnl 150293gold night blade:defensive>

(The %V/%M might not be right, but they are the descriptive words for combat style/weapon type. HELP PROMPT)

With that one you never have to learn certain numbers, like how much damage a DISEMBOWEL does, and it's a very clear. When you have 138/866 hp, it's harder to know how close you are than when you have 16%. Plus, it takes up less room.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: