Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 21 hours.

Question!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cidero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Question!

Was it just me or did I see a slith monk on the other day? Help me out... I cant see how a slith can actually be a monk. I know the immortals could do it, but why? Just to test it out? And why would ya pick a slith to test out as one? Confused

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

monk used to be one of the possible classes for sliths, but was removed.

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

So this person has just been around for a LONG time?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

prolly. i didn't see him.

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

And on that note... When you read the description of a stone giant. It says they grew up in the wilderness and what not. They should really be able to be Rangers, I believe. It would be quite interesting to see.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject:

The slith was a real player.. they don't have to test slith monks anymore.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject:

Cidero wrote:
And on that note... When you read the description of a stone giant. It says they grew up in the wilderness and what not. They should really be able to be Rangers, I believe. It would be quite interesting to see.

Stone giant rangers used to exist but were removed to make certain races more attractive for a ranger.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject:

I have no idea how you equate "grew up in the wilderness" with "should be rangers, would be interesting". It would be incredibly gimp. First of all, rangers use pets and find herbs, and that should take some int/wis (actually, it does, a 16 int/wis herb would be pathetic). Then there's their bowcrafting skills, which'd need at least dex for handiwork. Finally... a giant firing bows with some kinda finesse? Theyd be gimp, and rangers dont have berserk to let them protect themselves from mental damage, and dirt is dex-based so theyre fucked there since rangers can't hobble. Its kinda like elf berserker.. its just not gonna work because the stats are setup all wrong. Its the opposite of being "uber", being a "gimp"... no point adding an unplayable race/class that nobodys gonna play.

Slith monk obviously was the only race worth being for monk because it was far superior to either of the other choices, hence its gone.

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah... I forgot how rangers are really revolved around Bows now. I Didnt put that into consideration. My bad... I havent really played around with rangers at all since I have been back, so I totally forgot about that.

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject:

Okay... So I saw that slith monk again today... Oseudorn I believe. I am not losing my mind...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

Osedourn is a legacy character, made from before the slith monks were removed as a choice, and more or less one of a kind. Considering that slith monks used to be the only race people would pick for them, I think we've came a long way towards ultimately removing them. Sort of like watching a python digest a big fat pig, passing through its digestive tract and leaving a steady pile of excrement in its wake as the mass grows smaller.

It wouldnt be right to just delete peoples characters, even though we stopped offering the combination.

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject:

I totally agree with you! It wouldn't be right at all... And that is actually quite an accomplishment for the character to still be around. Especially it being a monk, which I realize, even though they can EXTREMELY tough, they dont seem to last awhile. I dont know if people just dont think putting the time into them pays off or what... But all in all, its good to see someone can keep one for so long.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Wow, yeah, Kudos to you... Osedourn... good job....

0 0 0
rho-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: hmm.

your eyes didnt play tricks on ya alright.

i was pretty surprised to have os still around after a year of inactivity.
couldnt really hang around cuz i was enlisted to the army but now that i have more time to spare, along with alittle pestering from certain friends, ive decided to play ar again.

was apalled at the changes done to monks but i do agree that slith monks were way too buffed up before. honestly in my opinion they're STILL pretty buffed up. perfect stats and all. well human monks are great anyhow.

a pity now monks cant join any organisation thats fun. id like to see more changes to monks (with toning them down as priority) but making them more integrated into the new combat style gameplay.

for instance, os fought jaimoa earlier today and just using a bow, os had his ass contantly mangled by arrows for most of the fight. (my bad. intiated it even though i had no potions then, no excuses)

the point here being that there was no way a monk (even for a slith)
could go up against any class wielding a bow offensively. i know how everyone will be replying this post with a "USE DEFENSIVE EMPOWERMENT NOOB" subject but having played os for quite sometime before, monks are only fun in their offensive empowerment where they can actually make a swift and decisive victory instead of enduring long runs where they have to be mindful of when empowerment/beads/mantra/stance may fall and especially when the new toned-down healing.

pardon me if some of my facts arent accurate, havent exactly played much after my 1 year hiatus either, its way past my bed time and im still figuring out how some of the new changes actually affects gameplay and stuff.

last but not least, monks will always be one of the most unique class to play due to its awesome flexiblity in times of strategizing and well exercising combat. to all ex and current monk enthusiasts, (i noticed a disappointing decline) dont be discouraged by the apparant GIMPING of the class or the LACK of BACKING at 50 but instead try and learn more about how and what each stance and empowerment has to offer.

moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonk power!
________
Wiki vaporizer

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: