Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 14 hours.

Charm Person

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Charm Person

Does the charm person spell, charm mobs? Can any mob be charmed, does charm person actually charm other players? Ive never really understood that spell

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

There is a level range with charm person and some mobs are better to charm than others. If I recall correctly, you used to be able to charm another person , but this was a LOOOOONG time ago. Bards also had the ability to make you follow them.

This is no more. The only thing you can charm are mobs.

0 0 0
Nero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject:

Basically just "con" anything you want to charm. Anything perfect match or one consider level higher should be able to be charmed. Agro mobs can't be charmed (even when they're blinded...trust me).

Usually, if it can be summoned it can be charmed (tho that doesn't mean you can't charm a mob if you can't summon it, Onyanth for example. He was hard as shit to summon, but fairly easy to charm)

You might also want to think about the align of mobs. For example, I sometimes found that good aligned needed a little "kick up the arse" to attack other good aligned...but I used charm for about two mths.

Seeing as blindness is no longer a DK spell, be careful about watching your tics and how long you have a mob charmed. Nothing worse than Overseer turning against you mid fight.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Wait
So when you charm a creature, there is a time limit and when that limit is up the charmie will attacker the charmer?

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Yup. I personaly think its a pretty gay spell...

But pretty much everone on the game disagrees with me. Lol. With my dk I never used charm. I also got owned to shit. There may or may not be a patern forming there.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I believe.. if you charm a mob and are sucessful the first try and don't fail, it won't attack you when the time is up. But.. if you fail then yes it attacks you when the time limit is up.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Oh
then I guess its nice to be successful the first time lol

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

That used to be the case actually, but now any creature is aggro to you when its charm wears off, regardless if you charmed first try.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: