Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 12 hours.

New playerkilling section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: New playerkilling section

http://abandonedrealms.com/pk

Done some general information for newbies and also wrote a warrior guide. The whole thing is pretty much a rough draft, you can go there, point out any mistakes, anything you can think to add, or change with respect to the presentation. Also, if you want to submit anything, feel free to try. It is not yet linked to the site anywhere because it hasn't gotten any review yet.

0 0 0
formalism

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Only criticism is that you might have used one too many curse words in the warrior guide. I assume that official webpages need to look "professional"; they're not just your casual forum post.

I don't mean to be a nanny; it just struck me as...disjunctive...to see the curse words.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Heh, oops, guess every writer needs an editor for things like that. Seen Vhrael around..?

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject:

That bum still needs to do the pk stats Shocked . Make sure to link the class guides to their respective class sections as they come out. Only really skimmed the warrior guide, avian as a race was ignored everywhere I think (even crap races area), looked good overall.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that bum still needs to get the pk data from that other bum Dav... Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I actually deliberately ignored avian, I was thinking of recommending it for evil warriors since they got the most running to do, landing/perm fly is very nice but doesn't seem worth that disgusting vuln at this point, and the warrior's mobility problems aren't that severe with 40 mv per train. It isnt hard for a dwarf warrior to get like 700 moves and still have nice hp. If that changed they'd be more viable though. (I also deliberately left out the training moves thing incase it is, even though high level warriors are doing that a lot)

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject:

That section on training to get an 'edge' reminds me of my old train for 1000 hours then delete after one pk cycle.

Maybe a shortened version could be put in the Warrior guild halls? A bit like how Heralds used to sell Sethanon's book.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject:

sethronu's book Razz

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/pk/guides/warrior.php

Updated a bunch. Can't really think of anything else to throw in there. Anyway, going to link tonight.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: