Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Help with Trillian:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gygh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Help with Trillian:

So my dad doesn't want me using AIM because he thinks thats its an easy way to be open to the dangers of the internet (ie. hackers, viruses, pests, etc.), my computer is wirelessly connected to the internet through my dad's computer and he can pretty much see all websites I'm accessing along with the programs through which I'm accessing the internet with- so I pretty much have no choice but to not use aim. Instead of using aim I use Trillian- I guess it's kind of handy if you ignore the fact that it takes up a huge amount of RAM, it's slow, buggy, freezes up from time to time, and the cost $25 a year to go pro. Anyway, it's handy if you use AIM, ICQ, MSN Messanger, and IRC...

Now, the question:
Does anyone know how I could connect to the Ar chat (#AR_Chat or #spoon for that matter) server using trillian?

If anyone knows a good way to fix any of the quirks that come with Trillian, that would be helpful too.

0 0 0
First-fantasy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Oh Oh! I know this one!

I use trillian (I do have pro though so it may be a little different)

To set up an IRC connection I just click on the silver circle down by the bottom with all of the other circles, click it, click connection manager, then add, irc, and do the normal set up for the server, filling in all of the fields.

There are a bunch of options you can browse, but to get it to automatically connect with a room...I totally just forgot how to do that, but I'm pretty sure you have to do it when you're setting up your connection If I think of exactly where it is, I'll tell you but If not I know to join the room you want you can click the silver circle (after you get the server info all set up from earlier) It should have an option of join channel. So you just click that and type in whatever the room name is and hit okay.

If you have any questions I'll try my best to answer them because I'm pretty sure that wasn't all that clear.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject:

HA! I got it, thanks!

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject:

Trillain rocks man. And use firefox. Very easy to click on the 'Erase Private Data' menu item.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: