Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 22 hours.

The circle of evil that's Brandon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: The circle of evil that's Brandon

Okay, some people on the mud know our city just because of the infamy. But I don't know if anyone grasps how many people from Brandon have actually played AR. So let's go over.

This is 1997/1998
Original group:
Ben P.: Rextal, duergar dk was him(You guys know him as Remmenon now)
Ben S.: Guy always made storm warriors/paladins, and he was gay.
Steve: Eh, he always made thieves.
Rob: He sucked.
Clayton: Had a storm paladin named Ash, if it rings any bells.
Bob: Had Gash, later he had Garfarion and Proticus and a bunch others.

So then, August 1998, Ben S. introduces my friend Keith, to AR,(dont ask me why Keith hung out with Ben S., I dont know.) Keith then shows my other friend Chris, and then they both show me. Which leads to Wave #2

Keith: Trog, Dunthbar, Thardodien uhm, some other ones I dont remember.
Chris: Obsidian in the first age, Rhuidean, Elistan in the second age, And Keitorn.
Me: Phostan, Sharudush, Dabilor, Kanata, Jherek, Geron, whatever you remember me as.
Shane: Only played for like a month, but introduced Matt, who introduced Todd.
Matt: You guys know him as Kalist.
Todd: Sasha, Krykus, maybe a bit harder to remember, but he was pretty good at it.
Greg: Todd introduced him, he played for half a year, was never very good.
Ivah: I can't remember if it was Steve or Bob who introduced him, but he played for a while, was fairly good at it, but never stayed interested.
Tyson: Ivah showed Tyson, Tyson sucked, but kept at it for a year.
Pat: Steve shows his brother how to mud when Pat hits grade 9. You guys know him as Sissuris.
Mark K: Bob showed him AR, you guys know him as Mozenhauf.
Chris M: Bob showed him at the same time he showed Mark, Mark and Chris kinda became the ambigiously gay duo.

2001/2002, Okay, so that was all in grade 9 and 10 mostly, part of grade 11. Then grade 12 rolls along. Which leads to a wave #3

Richard: Played for about 5 months, not bad, but his obsession with dwarf berserkers kinda limited him.
Shawn: He was like, permanent newbie, but he got okay at pk'ing Richard.

Okay, and then someone showed someone who showed someone, and all of a sudden there's all these 13 year olds playing it. I'm gonna get one of them to explain whoever else played, and I'll edit it later cause I'm sure I missed people. But kids, this is how you hook your friends. Patience and cunning.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The circle of evil that's Brandon

Holy Shit... I had no clue how damn long I have been playing AR...I remember Ash, Dunthbar, Jherek, and Sasha. Has it been that long? Confused I feel old now, guys.... Crying or Very sad

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The circle of evil that's Brandon

Astinor wrote:
But kids, this is how you hook your friends. Patience and cunning.

This is also an easy way to get a ridiculously large stigma attached to your group as a bunch of "cheating OOC punks" and get everybody banned or denied at one or more points in time... but yeah, I guess it's how you hook your friends too. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: missed jeo

Justin who is jeo, showed a couple of his friends, skylar not sure who else, but they woulda been wave 3/4

0 0 0
formalism

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I wonder which group was a bigger (population wise) and badder OOC haven: Brandon or CAMS?

Personally I'd like to think CAMS.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Please God, do not tell me that Jeotard has the same name as I do.

0 0 0
jeoparty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Actually, those guys showed me. I remember Skylar drew me a cheesy map of Seringale (which I kept for a really long time) on a piece of loose leaf and it got me hooked.

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:

[quote="formalism"]I wonder which group was a bigger (population wise) and badder OOC haven: Brandon or CAMS?

Personally I'd like to think CAMS.[/quote]

Reputation wise, it was probably CAMS. Brandon may have cheated the old way, but we hacked the system. Even had a few pfiles that were corrupt. Logged one of them on, system crashed, and we went scrounging for eq.

Good times.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

I know a certain highly regarded necro that used to crash the mud so he could save with full zombies too. Not naming names or anything.

I swear I had a character named Jherek too...

Phostan, I think the first char I knew you as was Tsugal... I think that was you.

Speaking of currupt character files, I once had a paladin that charged like a minotaur. Was pretty cool but was caught after a couple days.

Anyway... disconnected thoughts.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

Uhm, as far as Cams vs. Brandon goes, we knew of a bug to crash the mud, without having to have corrupt pfiles(it was a thing with making notes, I wont go into detail) So we had a few tricks too. And uh, I think Cams might have had a higher average of good players, but I think overall Brandon produced a lot more elite players. I mean, Hrash and Sethronu? Pfffft. I guess Hrash is pretty good. But you can't honestly use Seth as a banner waver for Cams. That's like having a kid with down syndrome represent Caltech. We're just cooler. And definitely we take the lead in style and wit.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

Astinor wrote:
We're just cooler. And definitely we take the lead in style and wit.

And there you have it laides and gentlemen! Phos reporting live from his parent's basement.

cooler... for fucks sake, text games...

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Davor is just jealous that his parents mud hut over in estonia doesn't have a basement. And it's spelled ladies, not laides.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Astinor wrote:
Davor is just jealous that his parents mud hut over in estonia doesn't have a basement.

Preposterous... we do not live in a mudhouse! Do you know how much they cost? They advertise them here with "no wolf shall blow your home away". We have a straw-house deluxe (it is positioned relatively closer to one's richer cousins so in case wolf with sufficient lung capacity shows up you have a shorter run to your wealthier relative's house).

And as for ladies, when you learn to spell estonian, or croatian on any vaguely acceptable level I'll humbly mourn my keyboard mischiefs.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Davor is just jealous that his parents mud hut over in estonia doesn't have a basement. And it's spelled ladies, not laides.

Maybe he needs to get "laides". Smile

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: okay, wasnt gonna post, but im bored

I wasnt gonna say this, cause it isnt something to brag about, but people are comparing crashes? Who cares, me keith, and someone who you guys either know as polydos, or xanedeui, the three of us(poly hacked, gave us how to) hacked into ar, and made a backdoor pass so that if you typed in that password as a level 1, you would be level 155, and I shit you not. Solexpre/dunthbar were advanced in level, and had all there skills set to 100, minus shield disarm and lore. We got CAMS beat for hacks

0 0 0
Trog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Yah I don't know.. I think our gang bangs were the best.. I can remember running around with Thardodien (Me) and Phostan (Cannot remember his name.. fire giant zerker though) and Obsidian (had a ranger that we used for a mule, not too good for anything else), Any ways we would log on from school at lunch.. clear our 10-15 person pk range in about 20 mins, level for the rest of lunch. (before actions were taken agianst us). Or when dunthbar was kicked out of Warlords kuz I was to lazy to play him, Holexpre and I got a illusionist to haste me.. I got sanced... and we cleared the 15 person pk list in less then 20 mins. that was a good run too. Those were the days!..

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: