Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 22 hours.

Pet rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Pet rank

Does anyone else find it really hard to rank your pet up? It takes ages just to get the first one. Maybe make it real easy at the begining, and harder towards the end.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

Ehh I've had chars who spent a few days solely dedicated to ranking a pet to 30.. and I gotta say I'm disappointed, cus they don't really do much. A wound here and there in a pk... that's about it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

^ Arent you the guy that rolls 3 days for 10 hp?

If a pet doesnt get much because of your extreme level difference. It does rank pretty well when youre low rank. At some point you will have to stop and dedicate time to it, but I'm pretty sure that you can get a good level pet just by using it to third early on. Its rough when you buy pets from shops and had to wait til like level 25 though

0 0 0
Noliperus_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

On the subject of pets, is there anyway that having them rescue you in combat could actually be worthwhile? Whenever I have my pet rescue me the mob redirects pretty much instantly. What's the point of leveling the crap out of your pet if you can't even do anything with it?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion one of the biggest points for having a pet is for the "backup third" if there's nobody else around to group with. You're logged on with only one other person around, you both want to rank but you don't have a third, so finally you call on your last resort: store-bought pet.

As Dav said, the easiest and quickest way to rank pets is to buy one at an early rank (1-10) and rank 'em from there. They gain best against mobs close to their rank, so if they're similar to your rank it'll be easier.

0 0 0
Nero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject:

It's called Surge...

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Heh... never thought of somebody wasting a surge to rank a pet, but I guess it'd be another avenue to pursue.

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

well or you could go ranking on your own during a surge and not use a pet. it will help you find out what mobs you are most able to kill and that will also help you with finding good eq without fighting over the items with your group members. take a surge by yourself for once and see where it leads you i found some very good eq by killing on my own during suges. . .

. . . .then there are those of us who remeber the days before the fell and abysals where there was no surge and you needed to find the mobs that you could rank on and there was alot of them. those were the days, I miss market square.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject:

What about making it worthwhile if you spend so much time ranking it? Not super-powerful, of course, but enough to make a difference.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: