Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 6 hours.

Curse Weapon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Zealot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Curse Weapon

I'm curious as to where this fits in now. It seems to be something of a legacy from before the combat modules changes, where a cursed weapon was actually desirable. Nowadays, it mostly just seems like a waste of a practice or two.

I was thinking, how about turning it into an offensive mal? Rather than dirting to lock combat/weapon styles, a DK (and necro, to lesser extent - since they don't need it as much with weapon ward) could curse an opponent's weapon to stop him switching and gaining advantages. Since people don't have to carry gyvels when fighting Dks anymore, they would still need some preps, i.e. weapon loosening potions (or whatever they're called).

Or, I could just be way off, and this is possible already, but I don't find any mention of it in the help files.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I personaly think that this is a fantastic idea, but it may be just a bit extreme for the dk. The problem with coming up with awsome pking ideas like this...Is they may make the class in question a bit overpowered. Alot more work has to go into it than saying 'hey this is a fuckin awsome idea...' but yeah. I think it is a fuckin awsome idea....

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Nice idea, boys. DKs need some pumping, never beaten me. well, I suppose this idea wouldn't help them beat my monk... Wink

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject:

yea pretty cool idea

maybe protected against by weapon ward but once you successfully cast it on a mage/cleric with weap ward down , its doom -- you can keep using strike of pain instead of catching the lucky strike of pain level 1 when his weap ward is down (since second one is curse that would own)

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:

well it looks like its the combat module stuff that makes curse weapon not such a good idea.

Since its a player spell and not a mob made cursed item maybe it could have different worse effects.

1. make it more powerful given the combat changes, have it bind to the caster so they can use it and remove it freely, but if another player kills you, they pick it up and they wont be able to unwield it or uncurse it with potions or healers which makes it better than mob cursed items. Sort of like a screw you, which would be fitting the classes that have curse waepon. the items still take the damage loss penalty for cursing. would be interesting, kinda fun.

2. give a player cursed weapon some sort of special power, like casting a spell or a random choice of spells, like mals or dispel magic, or faerie fire. Or could give it a chance to do some sort of pain through the open wounds that the person your fighting gains.

3. make it equivalent to weapon warded, where you dont receive any benefits for combat or weapon style, but aren't penalized either.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: